OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Don’t know if this was discussed already but I recommend the movie Civil War. And I recommend seeing it in the theater.
Getting rave reviews. Definitely interested in that one but I'll wait for it to hit my home theatre.

I watched the 4k remaster of Major League last night. What a trip.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'll bring my electric cowbell!
1713634516418.gif

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Getting rave reviews. Definitely interested in that one but I'll wait for it to hit my home theatre.

I watched the 4k remaster of Major League last night. What a trip.
Alex Garland might be my favorite director right now after ex machina, annihilation, devs, men and now this.
All AAA home runs imo.
Incredible decade of film making.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Alex Garland might be my favorite director right now after ex machina, annihilation, devs, men and now this.
All AAA home runs imo.
Incredible decade of film making.
He is a talented guy it seems. Some solid writing credits too for 28 Days Later, Sunshine and The Beach. All excellent movies imo.

Never let me go is another gem he co-wrote. Not everyone's bag cuz no pew di pew, but a solid romance drama.

Speaking of documentaries, I watched the infamous "Evolution" doc again today. Regardless of the science of C02 emissions specifically, I don't know how anyone could actually believe that humans aren't the driving force of the destruction of Earth.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
He is a talented guy it seems. Some solid writing credits too for 28 Days Later, Sunshine and The Beach. All excellent movies imo.

Never let me go is another gem he co-wrote. Not everyone's bag cuz no pew di pew, but a solid romance drama.

Speaking of documentaries, I watched the infamous "Evolution" doc again today. Regardless of the science of C02 emissions specifically, I don't know how anyone could actually believe that humans aren't the driving force of the destruction of Earth.
Never Let Me Go owes a lot to the original novel by Ishiguro; highly recommended read!

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Which evolution movie are you talking about?
Humans are definitely a major driving force behind the destruction of our planet and almost every living thing on it.
Anyone who denies it with a straight face is likely a criminal.
Never let me go was my least favorite of all of them but it’s been a while.
He’s writing 28 years later with Boyle directing again. Should be good.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Which evolution movie are you talking about?
Humans are definitely a major driving force behind the destruction of our planet and almost every living thing on it.
Anyone who denies it with a straight face is likely a criminal.
Never let me go was my least favorite of all of them but it’s been a while.
He’s writing 28 years later with Boyle directing again. Should be good.
Lol, typo on my part. REVOLUTION not Evolution. IMDB link is below. It's directed by Rob Stewart, the same guy behind the Sharkwater docs that are also very good, but very sad viewing experiences. He passed while Scuba Diving back in 2017.

Definitely. Argue about C02 emissions or Carbon Tax all you want, but there's no denying we are consuming this planet to death and there is an end game to it all that some generation is going to have to face, maybe even ours.

Never Let Me Go is just so different from the others in his career, so it's sort of just on its own. I appreciated it, but nothing quite like 28 Days Later. I struggle with horror, so those are day time only viewings for me lol. I expect the new one will be good.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Anyone having bell internet problems
Yes, f*** Bell. I'm getting error 2000 and they push everything CS through chat bots I can't connect to on mobile.

I'm assuming it's an Ottawa outage and so I'll wait before contacting but what horrible service. It's been an hour and still no recognition of the outage, no simple way to report my issue because the bot can't even connect through their app on mobile.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Yes, f*** Bell. I'm getting error 2000 and they push everything CS through chat bots I can't connect to on mobile.

I'm assuming it's an Ottawa outage and so I'll wait before contacting but what horrible service. It's been an hour and still no recognition of the outage, no simple way to report my issue because the bot can't even connect through their app on mobile.
Yea same 2000 network authentication error :/

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Cool, I did not know! I've never been a big reader, so most of what I'm introduced to in films is the first time I'm hearing about it.
I'm not a big reader either, and it's the movie that made me want to read the novel, and I was not disappointed. Ishiguro also wrote Remains of the Day, which I haven't read, but here's another great movie that makes me want to read the novel as well.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Anyone have an opinion on the Costco provider 'Primus'? I don't even 'game' or download anymore. Stream some shows and empart my wisdom onto the internet. No reason I should be paying $120+ for that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Anyone have an opinion on the Costco provider 'Primus'? I don't even 'game' or download anymore. Stream some shows and empart my wisdom onto the internet. No reason I should be paying $120+ for that.
I used them years ago, and had no problems

I think you lock in with them, there are some other similar options that don't have a 2yr contract though that you might want to consider if you're worried about whether it meets your needs.

Oxio for example has competitive pricing with the Promotional pricing I've seen from other companies but no contract and no higher price after that initial promo rate.

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
My dealer lent me this today. The new Cadillac Lyric, full EV. Interesting, fun acceleration the first few times then a boring as hell car. For 100k, I want my combustion engines. My wife hated it…she is used to nice loud gas polluting pig.

$100k my word. That CAD conversion...

That is a $60,000 car down here.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad