OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I have not, but my very frugal neighbour has numerous times, and I will when I need new tires, which could be this spring

My neighbour says they… I assume the owner…will accept Cash…..if you know what I mean

suggest you shop around and compare…. Don’t buy from the first place you go.
I called them this afternoon and I can confirm that they offered a very competitive price. No cash deal though. They push Chinese tires but their brand name stuff is still much cheaper than the dealers. Nice fellas working the desk, seem pretty committed to making a deal which is rare these days. I find you have to chase sales people around now

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
A man who knows his stuff!!!

Van Der Poel or Van Aert ?
Van Aert of course
Hate MVDP for various reasons and I know Im in minority but for me you can't bully children, spit on spectators , push Degenkolb at Roubaix etc
You would never see those things from VanAert, Pogi, Vingegardd, Alaphilippe, Roglic, Bernal, etc
Super strong rider don't get me wrong but a solid POS

You bike a lot?

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I called them this afternoon and I can confirm that they offered a very competitive price. No cash deal though. They push Chinese tires but their brand name stuff is still much cheaper than the dealers. Nice fellas working the desk, seem pretty committed to making a deal which is rare these days. I find you have to chase sales people around now
Sailun are okay… but loud

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Van Aert of course
Hate MVDP for various reasons and I know Im in minority but for me you can't bully children, spit on spectators , push Degenkolb at Roubaix etc
You would never see those things from VanAert, Pogi, Vingegardd, Alaphilippe, Roglic, Bernal, etc
Super strong rider don't get me wrong but a solid POS

You bike a lot?
I live for it.

Cyclocross, MTB, road, TT. If it is on two wheels and has a pedal.. I am all in.

Reactions: Alex1234

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Ended up finding a baller set of Continental's in Kemptville. Half the price of a new set of Chinese tires on rims for half the price. Love Marketplace sometimes
Good to hear. I have been using a nice set of Michelin that someone had in their condo locker for a couple of years for $300 - they were like new.

Conti's are German! Long live ze Germans!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
They fired me when I was 18 and I didn't have a pot to piss in so I can't bring myself to do that
Wow no way.

Look, if I was in your position and had to chance to drive that customer's Lambo I would have too at your age!

Reactions: branch

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
UCI races.. world cup.. Red Bull series.

I am an idiot.. Monte Saint Anne... just north-east of Quebec city.

I was there and watched.
Watched the pros there Every year since 2002 (Im from QC city originally)
Did the DH worlds masters there in 2019
The world cup track is crazy tuff with a big rock garden and longggg floaters

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I've done salt water gargles but they're just temporary. God I hope this is just a one off thing this year :(

It's more the kind of thing you have to do repeatedly. Work it into your routine so to speak. Me, I use a salt-water or mineral-water nasal spray every morning, both preventive and for acute cases

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Anyone here a parts guy? Picking up a new car tomorrow but I am shopping for some winter tire deals. For a GTI

Try Avenue Tire on L Avenue - you can call or go in. Not a fancy place but good folks.

They do a lot of taxi fleet stuff as well and sometimes they do a batch buy at a great price. I got my winter's from them a couple of years ago at a price nobody could touch - it was at the end of the summer though so before the season really kicked in. Worth checking.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Try Avenue Tire on L Avenue - you can call or go in. Not a fancy place but good folks.

They do a lot of taxi fleet stuff as well and sometimes they do a batch buy at a great price. I got my winter's from them a couple of years ago at a price nobody could touch - it was at the end of the summer though so before the season really kicked in. Worth checking.

1705767119119.png

CostPerRebuild

Sep 20, 2018
Anyone here a parts guy? Picking up a new car tomorrow but I am shopping for some winter tire deals. For a GTI
These guys have great prices and service.

Mounted balanced delivered at your door or your mechanics.
Ive bought my last 3 sets of tires off them.
QC based company.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Without taking sides.... I have to give 5 stars to Bell for their outer space light speed vs cable speed internet commercial. Effective use of humor to knock the competition.

Reactions: DrEasy

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I know we have a few watch people on these boards based on some past GDT discussions.

Was fortunate enough to pick up a Tonda PF Micro Rotor this weekend. Parmigiani Fleurier is a cool independent watchmaker backed by some big time pharma money and their new design language is really something.

Hoping to make one other purchase this year. Likely a JLC Reverso.

IMG_2356.jpeg
IMG_2357.jpeg

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I know we have a few watch people on these boards based on some past GDT discussions.

Was fortunate enough to pick up a Tonda PF Micro Rotor this weekend. Parmigiani Fleurier is a cool independent watchmaker backed by some big time pharma money and their new design language is really something.

View attachment 808005View attachment 808006
Beautiful!

Reactions: Mingus Dew

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

View attachment 808005View attachment 808006
WOW.

Tha's a pricey one. What were you able to get it for? It is beautiful and what craftsmanship

Reactions: Mingus Dew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad