OT: Sens Lounge LXXXV | Swede Dreams Are Made Of Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Fritomania in Orleans has one of the best Poutine in Ottawa IMO. It's a small shack and doesnt look like much, but man is it good.

Smokes has decent Poutine but I find their fries lack something.

Cool! I'll check it out and report back with my findings haha

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Smokes is terrible

You can really tell a bunch of Toronto hipsters are behind it: their poutines are soulless.

Yes that's right, I believe poutines can house souls if done right

Best poutine I've had in Ottawa area is actually in Gatineau at Pizza Italie, got a few friends to try it and they all agreed: none of that fancy garbage, just fries, gravy and cheese curds; the way it should be.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Holy crap Vancouver is smokey right now ! Can't even see the sun. All those forest fires are sure taking a toll.

nasa-metro-vancouver-fire-smoke-satellite-954x500.jpg

My friends in Victoria are saying it's 100x worse there, too.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...dvisory-due-to-smoke-from-wildfires-1.3139265

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
All I do is torrent though that's why I'm confused.

I am in the US, but yeah, it's weird. I downloaded some things via torrents at home and at my place near school.

I have not yet gotten any notice at my home address, but have gotten 2 or so emails at my school address.

Same company, both are private residence accounts, as well as downloads from the same place.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Because if made well, they're delicious.

So many people make half-assed scalloped potatoes though. They're possibly one of the top dishes that people THINK they know how to make, but then proceed to completely butcher.

This. They can be the ********* food and one of the better foods. But if it's made badly it's terrible.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Eww poutine looks like dog vomit, its very bland too it doesn't have much flavour. Americans and westerners think we're idiots for eating that abomination. I'll take a cheap austerity ridden souvlaki with spanikopita and olives anyday.

I am so excited to finally try it. :laugh:

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Japanese food in and around Vancouver is amazing. It's fresher, and more cost effective than Ottawa. I used to eat sushi twice a week living in BC, now I need a sushi loving girl to pretend I like the stuff here.

Is it reall that bad? Are there any places around that offer solid sushi for a reasonable price?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Holy crap Vancouver is smokey right now ! Can't even see the sun. All those forest fires are sure taking a toll.

nasa-metro-vancouver-fire-smoke-satellite-954x500.jpg

My friends in Victoria are saying it's 100x worse there, too.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...dvisory-due-to-smoke-from-wildfires-1.3139265

...yikes. That is not good for asthma and COPD sufferers at all.

But what a major shift. When I think of Vancouver, and BC in general, I think rain. Of all the places to experience a drought....seems like BC should be the last place to worry about it.

Something major is happening to the planet. The whole 'climate change' thing doesn't cover all the strangeness we've been seeing all over. Something bigger is happening. I can feel it.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Wow!!!!! The brand new Dragon Ball TV Series, Dragon Ball Super, is actually AWESOME!

Pretty funny and good reorientation of what happened with Majin Buu and their new lives 6 months later.

All the episodes are written by Toriyama himself this time around, so there should be no filler and the arcs are going to be nice.

For those that don't know what the official canon series are:
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Kai (Toriyama's re-cut and remastered version of Z)
Battle of the Gods movie
Resurrection of Frieze Movie
Mini-Movie a out Vegetas Brother Tarble (35 mins)

Othello*

Dragon Ball Z is the only anime series that I can't watch with subs. Gokus voice is just so weird in Super

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
...yikes. That is not good for asthma and COPD sufferers at all.

But what a major shift. When I think of Vancouver, and BC in general, I think rain. Of all the places to experience a drought....seems like BC should be the last place to worry about it.

Something major is happening to the planet. The whole 'climate change' thing doesn't cover all the strangeness we've been seeing all over. Something bigger is happening. I can feel it.

Yeah, the Dementors got released from guarding Azkaban and are now wandering around earth.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Dragon Ball Z is the only anime series that I can't watch with subs. Gokus voice is just so weird in Super

I'm mostly the same, but I think most of the voices are okay-good outside of Goku/Gohan. I've gotten used to the voice because I watched Kai in Japanese, but when I recently saw Battle of the Gods in English my mind was blown how much better it was in English.

Very rare in most English dubs of anything outside of comedy cartoons

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Wow!!!!! The brand new Dragon Ball TV Series, Dragon Ball Super, is actually AWESOME!

Pretty funny and good reorientation of what happened with Majin Buu and their new lives 6 months later.

All the episodes are written by Toriyama himself this time around, so there should be no filler and the arcs are going to be nice.

For those that don't know what the official canon series are:
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Kai (Toriyama's re-cut and remastered version of Z)
Battle of the Gods movie
Resurrection of Frieze Movie
Mini-Movie a out Vegetas Brother Tarble (35 mins)

I had no idea this happened

Hopefully it's more like Dragon Ball and less like Dragon Ball Z

Is Dragon Ball Kai worth watching? And what is Resurrection of Frieza a and is it any good?

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
I had no idea this happened

Hopefully it's more like Dragon Ball and less like Dragon Ball Z

First episode was Trunks and Goten going on an adventure to fix a present for Videl (Gohans girlfriend) and Goku doing farm labour cause Chichi is pissed that he makes no money and all he does is study. Master Roshi makes a hilarious appearance too.

Trailer for episode 2 is Vegetas takes Trunks and Bulma on a family vacation.

If you haven't see the recent movie Battle of the Gods in English, I think that will be a good indication of what the pacng and combat will be like in this new show.

70% comedy / adventure and 30% fighting. Screaming and charging up is toned down to minimum now. Fillers don't really happen. Just like the original Dragon Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad