OT: Sens Lounge LXXXV | Swede Dreams Are Made Of Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Hey Bonk, you do realize that the only Fallout game Bethesda made was Fallout 3, and it was by far the worst one right?

--

The fact is, Bethesda doesn't exactly make great games. The release large open but buggy games, and then rely on their moddability and large modding community to fix/improve/extend the life of their games for them.

Last edited:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Also, I agree Jurassic Park was awesome. And I'm just saying that I'm perfectly capable of turning off my brain in a movie theatre and going 'oooh shiny' at all the explosions in a summer blockbuster.

However, I do have my limits (ie the most recent Spiderman 2 was absolutely wretched outside of about 5 minutes of film)

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Fallout Tactics was by far the worst Fallout game. BY FAR.

Also: Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas are modern classics. GEMS OF THE INDUSTRY!

Technically New Vegas is Obsidian. Bethesda was only the publisher.
/pedantic

Also I take back the comments of 5 minutes worth of Amazing Spider-Man 2 being not wretched now that I've read today that ASM3 is officially canned, and Marvel is rebooting Spiderman into the MCU.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Technically New Vegas is Obsidian. Bethesda was only the publisher.
/pedantic

Meh, it was using the exact same Bethesda engine. Obsidian was responsible for the content, but it was still a Bethesda game as far as every single technical aspect is concerned. They just put new clothes onto the body that Bethesda made.

... except all the bugs. Those were entirely on Obsidian's lack of game-testing :laugh:

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Meh, it was using the exact same Bethesda engine. Obsidian was responsible for the content, but it was still a Bethesda game as far as every single technical aspect is concerned. They just put new clothes onto the body that Bethesda made.

... except all the bugs. Those were entirely on Obsidian's lack of game-testing :laugh:

This is so wrong. There is plenty of contract information about that game that was leaked for anyone paying attention to know that Bethesda was responsible for the bug testing of that game. Besides, the bugs were entirely on the fact that Bethesda's crap game engine is the reason all the games on built on that engine are buggy pieces of ****.

Also, I'm pretty sure content > technical aspects when rating how good a game is.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Hey Bonk, you do realize that the only Fallout game Bethesda made was Fallout 3, and it was by far the worst one right?

--

The fact is, Bethesda doesn't exactly make great games. The release large open but buggy games, and then rely on their moddability and large modding community to fix/improve/extend the life of their games for them.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Also, I'm pretty sure content > technical aspects when rating how good a game is.

it's 50/50.

Good content can be wrecked by a bad engine. Good gameplay can be wrecked by awful content.

There is plenty of contract information about that game that was leaked for anyone paying attention to know that Bethesda was responsible for the bug testing of that game.

For New Vegas?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I love the Fallouts, 3 is probably my favorite. New Vegas was fun too but from what I remember the main storyline was meh.

I like that New Vegas was a bit of a return to the older Fallout games - NCR, geckos, it had more of a "Fallout 2" feel to it.
Loved Fallout 3 though, it was very cool to see what the East Coast was like in the Fallout universe, we hadn't really seent that yet.

I'd love Fallout 4 (whenever they get their hands out from under their arses and make it) to feature the PNW, or even better, Canada. A partially snow-themed Fallout would be incredible.

I mean... I currently don't own a next-gen console (cost is prohibitive here in Indonesia, a PS4 is like a thousand bucks here, games are all $100+, luxury taxes here are crazy for some things), but when Fallout 4 gets released, I will buy a console solely for that game.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
In Witcher 3 news: Both my swords are broken and I can't afford to repair them because I spent all my coin at the brothel.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Watching The National talking about Air Canada finally getting around to enforcing carry-on size...
Keeps getting me back to thinking that some airline should just start charging per pound of total passenger weight (passenger + baggage).

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Keeps getting me back to thinking that some airline should just start charging per pound of total passenger weight (passenger + baggage).

It will never happen in a million years.

A policy like that would never get past a court challenge - it is blatantly discriminatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad