OT: Sens Lounge LXXXI | Time to clean up your act son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's been pushed back on like 5 separate occasions. That is not a good sign.

Those lizard things they're (apparently) passing off as dragons really annoy me. Use classic looking dragons or stay away form lizards altogether, imo (excluding Godzilla, of course).

Almost as bad as those new kid toys where the dragons look like they have frog heads (that toothless black thing). Yuck.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It's going to suck and you know it.

But I don't think its possible to suck as much as the last 3. Even if the movie is mediocre i think fans will be ecstatic.

The trailer was pretty sweet, probably got my hopes up more than it should have.

BigBush*

I heard it was supposed to be good in it, apparently Carell has a heck of a performance.

Let me know what you thought of it. It's not getting an Indonesian release as far as I know of, so I'll have to wait until it shows up in the bootleg DVD shops.

And how long will that take? in my experience in SE Asia, not very long haha

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
For what it's worth(very little) my history teacher loved Imitation Game and hated Fury.

Senafan

May 17, 2013
The thoughts of this seldom posting, frequently lurking hf member...

American Sniper - enjoyed it, though wish it didn't obfuscate some of the more unsavoury aspects of Kyle's life. Can see how it comes off as a propaganda piece to some. Thought it was better than The Hurt Locker, at least.

Foxcatcher - great film. Wasn't aware of the backstory going in, so the ending was a shock. One of my favourites for the year.

Imitation Game - liked it, excellent spy thriller. Turing's treatment after the war is a really sad tale.

Fury - thought it was pretty terrible. Way too many scenes that made no sense, historically inaccurate, comradery between the tank crew felt off, and the ending was particularly dumb. Was too bad, since I was looking forward to it based on the trailer (similar to how Monuments Men was disappointing).

Alright, back to lurking.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
A couple days ago I watched Whiplash. Pretty good movie but I didn't think it was too special, it's been getting a ridiculous amount of praise. It was entertaining but I thought the antagonist's shtick got old a bit quick.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
A couple days ago I watched Whiplash. Pretty good movie but I didn't think it was too special, it's been getting a ridiculous amount of praise. It was entertaining but I thought the antagonist's shtick got old a bit quick.
I see your avatar is from Birdman. Did you like that movie? I found it a bit too self-conscious. The director is obviously a virtuoso, but the story didn't grab me that much.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I see your avatar is from Birdman. Did you like that movie? I found it a bit too self-conscious. The director is obviously a virtuoso, but the story didn't grab me that much.

Yes I really enjoyed it. The plot interested me, there was some funny parts, strong performances, I liked the score which I know is debatable, the cinematography was really cool. I also typically enjoy movies that make me think which this one did.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Still have a few more to see, but for me, Whiplash and Nightcrawler are the best films of the year.

Not even joking when I say Nightcrawler has the best car chase of 2014.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Has anybody seen the movie American Sniper yet?

Saw it this weekend, was alright considering I don't care for war movies. The hype/controversy really take away from the story, Clint Eastwood does a pretty good job not glorifying war which was nice. I'd give it 7/10, but then I'm not in any way a film critic.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I heard it was supposed to be good in it, apparently Carell has a heck of a performance.

Let me know what you thought of it. It's not getting an Indonesian release as far as I know of, so I'll have to wait until it shows up in the bootleg DVD shops.

I fell asleep, but not due to the movie being boring. I'll report back when I've given it another run.

I also still want to see the Imitation Game, love Turing's story

If you have time to read check out Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. Fantasy, but very interesting how Turing is portrayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad