OT: Sens Lounge LXXVIX | The Bonerland Medical Association Bi-Annual Box Social/Crabfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Just got home from the bar. Half the team was out at the Bierhaus. I was basically bumping shoulders with Stone and Ceci all night. My girlish friend got Stone, Ceci, Neil, Lehner, and Cowen to sign her hat. My other buddy to shot the **** with Ryan for quite awhile and got a nice picture. They all were really nice and did not go all All - Star on anyone. Lehner is ****ing intense.

Gotta reiterate how cool and nice Ryan was.. he's a man of the people.

I was kinda disappointed Karlsson never showed up!

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
SiCbL79.jpg

Lunch is served.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Is that hairy celery?

I hate soup and that looks really good.

Figured you'd like this Benny :) It is Portugese Kale & White Bean soup from MindBodyGreen.com. This is apparently a dish from Moosewood Restaurant in Ithaca. It was pretty good but I foolishly tried to use white beans that I soaked overnight. The beans never reached the desired tenderness and hence the dish has a very chalky taste. Just make sure you use canned white beans or cook the dry beans for hours until they tenderize. This is what it's supposed to look like (mine not so much):

PortugueseKAleAndWhiteBeanSoup-850x1064.jpg

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Just got back from NYC. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend! Ended the trip at MSG for one of the best live shows I've seen.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Figured you'd like this Benny :) It is Portugese Kale & White Bean soup from MindBodyGreen.com. This is apparently a dish from Moosewood Restaurant in Ithaca. It was pretty good but I foolishly tried to use white beans that I soaked overnight. The beans never reached the desired tenderness and hence the dish has a very chalky taste. Just make sure you use canned white beans or cook the dry beans for hours until they tenderize. This is what it's supposed to look like (mine not so much):

Remove the onion and make the tomato chunks really small. Would def eat.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Picky eaters make me angry

I'm not sure what it is, I was picky when I was kid but now the only thing I won't eat is coconut

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Yeah, my problem with coconut is the same problem I have with anything that's tough to chew on and that is mixed with softer stuff. Other examples:

- raspberries (too bad cause they're delicious)
- chocolate that has crunchy bits of cocoa or coffee beans in it
- have you had pistachio ice cream with real bits of pistachio in it?

Interestingly enough, based on discussions I've had so far, a lot of men share the same dislike, while women tend to like these types of food. I wonder what percentage of Bounty bar fans are women?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Onion is my most hated food. Horrible texture and even worse taste. It ruins everything it touches. I wont eat or buy food that has onion in it.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Onion is my most hated food. Horrible texture and even worse taste. It ruins everything it touches. I wont eat or buy food that has onion in it.

You sound like my mom.
Though she also hates any type of peppers too.

Pretty much everything I cook has some onion and garlic in it, and frequently coconut oil.

I also like shredded coconut on and in desserts. And my dad despises most things coconut, but he has learned to actually enjoy coconut oil with eggs.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Why coconut oil?

And I also despise onions and won't eat anything that's made with 'em. My grandfather was the same way.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Man, onions are awesome, I basically eat onions with almost everything.

Raw (on hamburgers, hot dogs and such) or cooked. Any type of onion is good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad