Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I love that avi of spidey - reminds me of saturday morning cartoons as a kid

tumblr_m76v7iWxIY1rrnaafo1_400.gif

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Are any of the Spiderman series outside of the 90's cartoon any good? Spidey was always my favourite super hero until recently with the Chris Nolan Batman trilogy.

I heard something the other day that Sony's rights to Spiderman might run out soon and he could potentially join the Avengers where he rightful belongs.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Are any of the Spiderman series outside of the 90's cartoon any good? Spidey was always my favourite super hero until recently with the Chris Nolan Batman trilogy.

I heard something the other day that Sony's rights to Spiderman might run out soon and he could potentially join the Avengers where he rightful belongs.

Sony has to keep making films every few years or they lose the rights.

So expect Spider-Man to be run into the ground until nobody likes him.

That's when 60's Spider-Man joins the Avengers and saves the universe with his unconventional crime fighting style.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
The whole reason why Sony rebooted the Spider-Man films was so that they could keep the rights to use Spider-Man as their own.

It definitely helps explain why the reboot films have been absolutely horrid. Amazing Spider-Man 2 is one of the worst superhero films ever made.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The worst thing about Spiderman was that horrible theme song from the old cartoon. So nasty and just sticks in your head the moment you hear it.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Big Bang Theory is awful.

Not hard to see how Two and a Half Men came from the same creator.

At least Louis CK took home another Emmy.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Big Bang Theory is awful.

Not hard to see how Two and a Half Men came from the same creator.

At least Louis CK took home another Emmy.

He's doing something different and he deserves all the credit in the world for it. The way he got complete control over his show is awesome as well. I can't find the link, but i guess FX kept offering contracts where they maintained a portion of control over the show. He kept turning them down, and they kept offering deals, eventually giving in and allowing him complete executive control.

And Louie is what he's made with it. Most original sitcom in so long, i don't even like calling it a sitcom.

Best comedian alive today.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He's doing something different and he deserves all the credit in the world for it. The way he got complete control over his show is awesome as well. I can't find the link, but i guess FX kept offering contracts where they maintained a portion of control over the show. He kept turning them down, and they kept offering deals, eventually giving in and allowing him complete executive control.

And Louie is what he's made with it. Most original sitcom in so long, i don't even like calling it a sitcom.

Best comedian alive today.

Louie is amazing for sure. I especially enjoy how it doesn't always rely on typical story structure and he often veers into surrealism. Totally couldn't happen on any other show where the creator doesn't have full control.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Btw did y'all see the vulnerabilities of whatsapp? If you google "whatsapp hack" you'll see some results - apparently it is very simple to view other whatsapp user's chats remotely. I can't verify this because I can't install the application but those who can may wish to test and see how accurate these hacks are.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
A lot of people at my work rave about Big Bang Theory but I just can't find it funny.

Big Bang Theory is ****ing HORRIBLE.

Sloppiest, crappiest writing that relies entirely on stereotypes and awful tongue-in-cheek jokes instead of anything even close to resembling an interesting storyline or relate-able characters. "This joke is funny because nerds! This next joke is funny because borderline Aspergers syndrome gives people a free pass to be a**holes! Look at them make fun of normal people! GEEKSLOL, AND IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT 'LOL' IS, I WILL EXPLAIN IT TO YOU NOW LOL!"

The only thing worse than Big Bang Theory are the people who expect you to like it because it's "supporting nerd culture!" or some other awful BS. Screw that noise. Terrible show is terrible. I love hockey, but if they made a hockey sitcom with the same level of writing that Big Bang Theory has, I'd be the first in line with pitchforks & torches demanding it's cancellation.

It's basically "Everybody Loves Raymond" for people who pretend that they're nerds/geeks because it seems to be temporarily en vogue to do so at the moment.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Big Bang Theory is ****ing HORRIBLE.

Sloppiest, crappiest writing that relies entirely on stereotypes and awful tongue-in-cheek jokes instead of anything even close to resembling an interesting storyline or relate-able characters. "This joke is funny because nerds! This next joke is funny because borderline Aspergers syndrome gives people a free pass to be a**holes! Look at them make fun of normal people! GEEKSLOL, AND IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT 'LOL' IS, I WILL EXPLAIN IT TO YOU NOW LOL!"

The only thing worse than Big Bang Theory are the people who expect you to like it because it's "supporting nerd culture!" or some other awful BS. Screw that noise. Terrible show is terrible. I love hockey, but if they made a hockey sitcom with the same level of writing that Big Bang Theory has, I'd be the first in line with pitchforks & torches demanding it's cancellation.

It's basically "Everybody Loves Raymond" for people who pretend that they're nerds/geeks because it seems to be temporarily en vogue to do so at the moment.

So true. My overall view of modern sitcoms/comedy movies/stand-up is that it's difficult to find humour with good taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad