OT: Sens Lounge LXXVII | A Fridge Too Far Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I have friends in Bangalore and HK that I txt on Whatsapp - that's how I got into it in the first place. I do pay like $.99 a year but I don't see any harm in that.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Breaking Bad is as properly rated as any tv show ever has. Now, don't get me started on Game of Thrones which is basically just one big Soap with more blood and dragons.

It's based on a series of books though, they are hard to compare, Game of Thrones has it's highs but it's lows are awful: the incessant and gratuitous sex in season 1 was cringe-worthy. The books, as usual, are way better.

Agreed with Stefan that Breaking Bad is probably the most overrated TV show of the last few years.

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
Agreed with Stefan that Breaking Bad is probably the most overrated TV show of the last few years.

I don't understand anyone who can say something that's up to personal preference is "overrated."
If something is rated by a ton of people, and they rate it high, how is it overrated? It just means a lot of people like it.
You just don't like it, but it isn't "overrated." It's rated the way it should be.
There's no such thing as "overrated" or "underrated," at least not when it comes to movies, books and other forms of entertainment.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't understand anyone who can say something that's up to personal preference is "overrated."
If something is rated by a ton of people, and they rate it high, how is it overrated? It just means a lot of people like it.
You just don't like it, but it isn't "overrated." It's rated the way it should be.
There's no such thing as "overrated" or "underrated," at least not when it comes to movies, books and other forms of entertainment.

It's overrated because everybody seems to think it's amazing and I think it's just another TV show: ridiculous plots, ridiculous characters, ridiculous situations all with a thin veneer of realism mixed with grittyness and dark humour

Gimme Twin Peaks, now that's a TV show

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's overrated because everybody seems to think it's amazing and I think it's just another TV show: ridiculous plots, ridiculous characters, ridiculous situations all with a thin veneer of realism mixed with grittyness and dark humour

Picket Fences, Boston Public. Now those were good shows. And High Incident...first season was as close to reality for the police as you can get on the tube. Too bad those shows didn't last.

Tried to get into Lost, but the 2nd/3rd episode introducing some sort of monster on the island, and the guy who was paralyzed who could suddenly walk ruined it for me. I was hoping for something more reality based (maybe not campy like Swiss Family Robinson, but not whatever weirdness they were pushing).

Never did get around to watching The Walking Dead (still plan to...eventually), Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, or The Office. Maybe one day.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Twin Peaks is next-level good.

It was so far ahead of it's time that it's now 2014, almost 25 years since the end of the show, and it's STILL a little bit ahead of the game compared to a lot of other shows out there.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH

"Wait a minute! Wait a minute...

You know, this is (excuse me) a DAMN FINE cup of coffee."

Sometimes I do that at Denny's - the waitress really doesn't get it

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I own the DVD boxset and every single person I've lent it to all rave about it

"This must be where pies go when they die" :laugh:

The Fuhr*

This is insanity, I'm going nuts just sitting around my house doing nothing because of my back.

Poop.

Back pain is the worst thing ever... Before I had spine surgery I had years of it

It's so nice not waking up in pain

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Back pain is the worst thing ever... Before I had spine surgery I had years of it

It's so nice not waking up in pain

Good to hear Fuhr (about your successful surgery)

Keep up the work at the gym.

I just cannot wait until tomorrow night, when my parents and I are going to the Chiropractor to see the x-ray and then I can start treatment.

It's like waiting for Christmas morning, except you know, I can't do anything.

The Fuhr*

Good to hear Fuhr (about your successful surgery)

Keep up the work at the gym.

I just cannot wait until tomorrow night, when my parents and I are going to the Chiropractor to see the x-ray and then I can start treatment.

It's like waiting for Christmas morning, except you know, I can't do anything.

I hope they are able to fix ya... When they do, should become your focus not to re injure

Think I'm retiring from hard labour jobs because of that.

How old are you? It's big being able to take care of the problem young when the body can still recover good... Would suck being old dealing with the pain and recovery time

Karlsson2Turris*

Looking for a sick Karlsson avatar. If any of you have one could you PM it to me? Thanks :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Picket Fences, Boston Public. Now those were good shows. And High Incident...first season was as close to reality for the police as you can get on the tube. Too bad those shows didn't last.

Tried to get into Lost, but the 2nd/3rd episode introducing some sort of monster on the island, and the guy who was paralyzed who could suddenly walk ruined it for me. I was hoping for something more reality based (maybe not campy like Swiss Family Robinson, but not whatever weirdness they were pushing).

Never did get around to watching The Walking Dead (still plan to...eventually), Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, or The Office. Maybe one day.

The Walking Dead is boring now and has been for the last couple or more seasons. It seems to be a soap opera at times. When they were on the farm a few seasons ago, it became terribly boring and i have tried to avoid it ever since.

I liked Rome, Deadwood and The Wire.

Never paid any attention to the contrived shows like Lost or Great Race.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I hope they are able to fix ya... When they do, should become your focus not to re injure

Think I'm retiring from hard labour jobs because of that.

How old are you? It's big being able to take care of the problem young when the body can still recover good... Would suck being old dealing with the pain and recovery time

17 :nod:

They mentioned it too, that it was a good thing I came in so young.

Thanks Fuhr, I hope so too.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Ah, the Manks gave the ol' Scousers a good what for, eh? Ol' Liam and Noel Gallagher tag-teaming elbow drops on poor George Harrison's grave then is it? Don't be so glum lad. Do as they do in Old Blighty and start breaking stuff.

Really, don't do that.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Ah, the Manks gave the ol' Scousers a good what for, what? Ol' Liam and Noel Gallagher tag-teaming elbow drops on poor George Harrison's grave then is it? Don't be so glum lad. Do as they do in Old Blighty and start breaking stuff.

Really, don't do that.

:laugh:

We'll just have to steamroll Spurs next week.

Oct 10, 2010
I do believe they have most of the major metropolitan areas covered. Stream called "Ottawa Public Safety" has OPP, EMS and Fire.

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out..

BTW,SensBruins4Ever, When are you going to spend your "VCash" ?? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad