OT: Sens Lounge - Golf season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Neither is required or good for the human body. Drop the brainwashed stupidity already. If you don’t know what you are and/or what your body is meant to consume then you don’t know anything.
Just to clarify, humans are animals closest related to chimps and bonobos(see their diets. 99% plants). I’ve seen recent posts here about “people and animals”. Same thing. It’s like saying Honda accords and/vs cars.
Also, animals that eat other animals tear the raw bloody flesh off the body and swallow. No chewing and no cooking.
Majority of humans are brainwashed. And before you get all argumentative it just shows how severely brainwashed you are.
Not a criticism just a sad observation. Almost hard to blame individuals with all the criminal marketing and misinformation being thrown around.
Don’t think humanity will ever learn at this point. We are too far gone from natural living. Nice knowing you all :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BondraTime

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Neither is required or good for the human body. Drop the brainwashed stupidity already. If you don’t know what you are and/or what your body is meant to consume then you don’t know anything.
Just to clarify, humans are animals closest related to chimps and bonobos(see their diets. 99% plants). I’ve seen recent posts here about “people and animals”. Same thing. It’s like saying Honda accords and/vs cars.
Also, animals that eat other animals tear the raw bloody flesh off the body and swallow. No chewing and no cooking.
Majority of humans are brainwashed. And before you get all argumentative it just shows how severely brainwashed you are.
Not a criticism just a sad observation. Almost hard to blame individuals with all the criminal marketing and misinformation being thrown around.
Don’t think humanity will ever learn at this point. We are too far gone from natural living. Nice knowing you all :)
I just watched Chimp Empire. Those guys love eating meat!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Fish and other types of seafood contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which promotes the growth and development of brain tissue. It has been speculated that the eating of fish may have played a part in the development of early modern humans, giving them the boost in brainpower needed to create symbolic ideas and complex organization.

Reactions: trentmccleary

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

so if the overwhelming vast majority of humans on the planet, incorporate meat, in any form, into their diet….. they’re the ones that are “brainwashed“, not the infinitesimal minority of humans who choose not to eat any form of meat.

yes, our closest relatives that did did not evolve, like Homo sapiens did, are eating a diet that works for them, and are still at a stage in evolution that Homo sapiens were….. so did becoming hunter/gathers and meat eaters have something to do with evolving …. I think it is pretty clear it did.

how about people eat what they want, knowing the pros and cons of their choices, and drop the name calling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daffy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Not sure if this is the right thread, but my partner and I are hitting up Barcelona in June, anyone have any suggestions on what to see or avoid?

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Not sure if this is the right thread, but my partner and I are hitting up Barcelona in June, anyone have any suggestions on what to see or avoid?
I usually scour reddit for local subreddits on what they recommend - literally google 'what to do in barcelona reddit' and see what threads pop up.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

Sagrada Familia is incredible. It is predictably a tourist hotspot but 100% worth braving the crowds.

Reactions: aragorn

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Sagrada Familia is incredible. It is predictably a tourist hotspot but 100% worth braving the crowds.
+1. There are other Gaudi or Guell-designed buildings worth visiting as well.

The main rambla is also very touristy (watch out for pickpockets!). There's a market on the West-side of the rambla where you can check out local specialties and stop for some quick tapas.

The "barrio gotico" ("Gothic neighbourhood") is on the East side of the rambla, with nice medieval streets and cathedrals.

Barceloneta is the fiercely local neighbourhood (lots of Catalan flags hanging from balconies), with possibly fewer tourists, nice markets again, and maybe tapas spots that are more geared toward locals than tourists (read: possibly cheaper and more authentic).

The Picasso museum is nice if you're interested in his paintings (I particularly enjoyed his blue period paintings exhibited there, which you don't often see in other museums), and not too far from that you must check out the cafe "4 Gats" (meaning "4 cats". There's (was?) a toy store in the Glebe named the same after this spot) where Picasso used to hang out in the 1890s before he went to Paris and became famous.

Of course you must try as many tapas places as possible! Make sure to include in your order:

- some "pan con tomat" (or something like that; I don't speak Catalan!) which is simply some bread with tomato spread.
- some squid, sardines, and other seafood,
- some "patatas bravas" (diced potatoes)
- some serrano ham
- all the cheap wine you can drink!

That's what immediately came to mind. Are you going to rent a car, @bicboi64 ? If so, there are lots of other places in the area worth visiting as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If you want to see a lot of the city those hop on- hop off buses are great & affordable to see the city & then get to go where you want afterwards or get off anywhere that seems interesting. Barcelona is a great city, the Gothic area is nice, lots of restaurants, good food, watch out for pick pockets, keep your money & important stuff in your front pockets. Enjoy.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
so if the overwhelming vast majority of humans on the planet, incorporate meat, in any form, into their diet….. they’re the ones that are “brainwashed“, not the infinitesimal minority of humans who choose not to eat any form of meat.

yes, our closest relatives that did did not evolve, like Homo sapiens did, are eating a diet that works for them, and are still at a stage in evolution that Homo sapiens were….. so did becoming hunter/gathers and meat eaters have something to do with evolving …. I think it is pretty clear it did.

how about people eat what they want, knowing the pros and cons of their choices, and drop the name calling.
Right so my problem with that is I don’t really believe you mean what you say. You’re saying you don’t care what people eat?
Like anything?
Like other humans, you don’t care?
Like dogs? You don’t care?
If they built a dog farm next to your house you wouldn’t care? And if you went to someone’s house for dinner and they had a center piece of bbq dog, head and all (they eat this in some countries), wouldn’t bother you?

To your first point a majority of people doing a certain thing doesn’t make it any more just or logical. Not in the slightest.

Anyway, it’s worth thinking about. I mean we wouldn’t even be allowed to post a video here of someone killing a cow/pig/etc with their bare hands/blunt object and eating it as it breathed its last breath. But that’s how things work in nature. So why is it so disturbing? I can’t dare you to try and post it because I’ll get a warning.
I mean…come on, you don’t think there’s something going on there?
Lastly, do you salivate when you see bloody roadkill?
Toronto has “milk” stuck on their jerseys now. Milk isn’t for adult animals. No adult animal drinks milk that I know of. Let alone the milk of a completely different species. That is being sold to suckers. No pun.
Questions questions. I’m not attacking here, again just saying I think it’s worth examining. Obviously I’ve already come to my conclusion of human brainwashing and I stand by it.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Right so my problem with that is I don’t really believe you mean what you say. You’re saying you don’t care what people eat?
Like anything?
Like other humans, you don’t care?
Like dogs? You don’t care?
If they built a dog farm next to your house you wouldn’t care? And if you went to someone’s house for dinner and they had a center piece of bbq dog, head and all (they eat this in some countries), wouldn’t bother you?

To your first point a majority of people doing a certain thing doesn’t make it any more just or logical. Not in the slightest.

Anyway, it’s worth thinking about. I mean we wouldn’t even be allowed to post a video here of someone killing a cow/pig/etc with their bare hands/blunt object and eating it as it breathed its last breath. But that’s how things work in nature. So why is it so disturbing? I can’t dare you to try and post it because I’ll get a warning.
I mean…come on, you don’t think there’s something going on there?
Lastly, do you salivate when you see bloody roadkill?
Toronto has “milk” stuck on their jerseys now. Milk isn’t for adult animals. No adult animal drinks milk that I know of. Let alone the milk of a completely different species. That is being sold to suckers. No pun.
Questions questions. I’m not attacking here, again just saying I think it’s worth examining. Obviously I’ve already come to my conclusion of human brainwashing and I stand by it.

it’s quite obvious you’re in the minority here… and that’s fine, you do you, as long as you don’t expect anyone else to share your choice.

as for milk, again the vast majority of the worlds population have at some stages of their lives, drank milk from other animals.

there are downsides to every conceivable diet known to man, as well as vegan and vegetarian diets….. so you are not sitting on the moral high ground here…. But I suspect you already know that, so just as everyone else does, you make your choices and accept the potential risk of your choices.

There is no “right” diet choice, and all the others are wrong.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
If you want to see a lot of the city those hop on- hop off buses are great & affordable to see the city & then get to go where you want afterwards or get off anywhere that seems interesting. Barcelona is a great city, the Gothic area is nice, lots of restaurants, good food, watch out for pick pockets, keep your money & important stuff in your front pockets. Enjoy.

Pickpockets thing is real. If there is a busy street look out.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
it’s quite obvious you’re in the minority here… and that’s fine, you do you, as long as you don’t expect anyone else to share your choice.

as for milk, again the vast majority of the worlds population have at some stages of their lives, drank milk from other animals.

there are downsides to every conceivable diet known to man, as well as vegan and vegetarian diets….. so you are not sitting on the moral high ground here…. But I suspect you already know that, so just as everyone else does, you make your choices and accept the potential risk of your choices.

There is no “right” diet choice, and all the others are wrong.
You’re not getting where I’m coming from so carry on sir.
Nothing to do with moral high ground or doing as I do. Nothing to do with me.
You’ve ignored the words in my post pretty much.

Last edited:

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Anyone here build, race or are generally into cars at the hands on level?

I currently have a few projects going on (in various states):

1972 BMW 2002 (e10) widebody with Honda S2000 engine, future drift / hill climb car

2009 Subaru STi hatch widebody, lightly modified daily driver

Toyota 2JZ engine, stripped down and will be rebuilt with stroker kit

2009 Subaru Sti hatch, fully stripped and caged, future GT racer with built EJ22 long block, PPG Sequetial transmission, Motec ECU, bypass antilag, big turbo, dry sump oiling... Car is just about prep'd and engine ready to be dropped in. Hope to be track ready in 2024. Targeting Global Time Attack and GT racing.

The last one is the primary focus with the BMW being a project that I might never finish. The 2JZ engine I'll just have on the shelf for a future project, ideally a muscle car restomod.

I always wanted to build cars and race but never did so in the last 5 years I've tried to make up for lost time but with family and no real shop things are very slow going...

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You’re not getting where I’m coming from so carry on sir.
Nothing to do with moral high ground or doing as I do. Nothing to do with me.
You’ve ignored the words in my post pretty much.

IMG_2044.gif

IMG_2043.gif

1684753537492.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad