OT: Sens Lounge CV - The CV Joint and other Car Parts Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Quebec is funny.

Not really, there is a reason for it, Quebec has the most confirmed cases in all of Canada (last I checked at least). If they are doing this, it is to protect outsiders and contain the spread.

Definitely not one of those "ha ha Quebec" moments.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Not really, there is a reason for it, Quebec has the most confirmed cases in all of Canada (last I checked at least). If they are doing this, it is to protect outsiders and contain the spread.

Definitely not one of those "ha ha Quebec" moments.
It is because Gatineau is literally Ottawa. It's not like the virus cares about imaginary boarders.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
States in America are also implementing restrictions on interstate travel. Im not sure its as much keeping out one particular state/province travel as it is just why are you traveling and not sheltering in place and only going for emergency groceries. This is the only thing within our control right now that will affect the shape of the curve to be flattened.

The 1918 flu is the quintessential pandemic, [...] occurred in an era before international air travel, its movement around the globe was facilitated by troops fighting in World War I.

“It went around the world four times in one year when there were no airplanes,” said Larry Brilliant, an epidemiologist who helped eradicate smallpox. “That’s what it means to spread like wildfire.”

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I don’t know where to post that. But my last hope to be the new owner of the Sens ( Desmarais ) have buy Aston Martin with Stroll is partner in F1 team India racing point

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
States in America are also implementing restrictions on interstate travel. I'm not sure its as much keeping out one particular state/province travel as it is just why are you traveling and not sheltering in place and only going for emergency groceries. This is the only thing within our control right now that will affect the shape of the curve to be flattened.

1919 was still a relatively backwards period in human history. It had only been about 30 years since they figured out tuberculosis was contagious!!! Hygiene habits hardly existed. You could go on forever listing deficiencies of the era. A simple cut, could get you killed.

I think this will be far more like SARS, H1N1 of 2009 and MERS.. So much is different today that, I doubt that the gravity of the situation will match.

So a multi wave period is probably not likely...

I have and have always had one issue.. This thing is a targeted killer..the elderly and the high risk.. Since we live in an era where we have the largest number of octogenarians and septuagenarians ever. Add to it, the era were modern medicine has relieved many people from early death due to various conditions/ailments/etc..We now have the largest number of younger, but high risk people in human history...This damn pox on humanity has been given the largest target group ever....

A perfect feeding ground for a parasite..

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

So technically speaking it is not an "invisible" border as you suggested lol.

You suggested the virus does "not care about invisible borders" which is true, but how is the virus going to cross from Ontario into Quebec (or vice versa) without a host?

If people do not travel, the virus cannot travel with them, otherwise how else is the virus going to "cross the border"?

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
So introverts living in an extrovert oriented world are told to suck it up because that's life for their entire lives, but extroverts are told to self-isolate and they can't even do it for a month before complaining and saying it's impossible?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So technically speaking it is not an "invisible" border as you suggested lol.

You suggested the virus does "not care about invisible borders" which is true, but how is the virus going to cross from Ontario into Quebec (or vice versa) without a host?

If people do not travel, the virus cannot travel with them, otherwise how else is the virus going to "cross the border"?
So you are saying zero people should be allowed to cross the boarder?

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
So you are saying zero people should be allowed to cross the boarder?

To be honest I do not know nor have I given it much thought to pretend that I know if this decision was a good one or not. I was simply responding to your original comment regarding the virus crossing borders.

All I know is that if Quebec does not have this under control then there is no problem restricting movement in and out of the province....temporarily.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
To be honest I do not know nor have I given it much thought to pretend that I know if this decision was a good one or not. I was simply responding to your original comment regarding the virus crossing borders.

All I know is that if Quebec does not have this under control then there is no problem restricting movement in and out of the province....temporarily.
What I am saying is Quebec is the largest province and we boarder each other. Gatineau relies on Ottawa more than any other place and many cross the river to work daily. It seems absurd that a small city relatively isolated from the major populations of their province would be anymore of a threat than say what the south shore is to Montreal.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
F'ng great...The government is now saying: we do not have sufficient supplies to deal with this.

I am watching TV and our guys are making trump seem reasonable.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
PS4 friends. New sale started up.
Project cars 2 deluxe edition - $100 off, $17.99 if anyone’s interested. (Just bought it)
Regular version is $11.99 if you don’t want the dlcs

Last edited:
Reactions: Variable26

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Stop watching TV. That's the cure.

we are not all the same Stylizer...the average Canadian does not have much to worry about..or probably does not have much..I don't know. No one does. But there is a group of us who are different.

Let me give you a litany of my issues
1) My significant other has cancer..she had her results for her CA125 on the 10th..same day as the WHO pandemic declaration.
She has to be retested..the clinic she goes to is closed. There is another clinic but imagine the crowds and imagine the environment? This is potentially her third battle with it
2) My cousin in Montreal has intestine cancer..he was scheduled for surgery in late February..Cancelled... Have you any idea what every month of delay means???
3) My mom is 83..My one surviving aunt is 86 and is in an Seniors home in Quebec and locked down like a drum..One Uncle is 84. One is 76 and has heart issues. One is 71 and also has heart issues.
4) My stepson's wife has an autoimmune disease..My step grandson has had diabetes since the age of 3.

Do you see my world? In a nightmare scenario, I could lose a chunk of family.

So every asshole politician who did nothing, every other careless reckless asshole who is contributing to the spread and to the shit..I hope they get it... And I hope it wipes them out first.

Every prick who misbehaves, every asshole who decided his tan was more important than lives..every asshole who decides a walk around the canal is okay..I hope he/she is the next to get it and not survive it.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
The problem with this stupid virus is that it doesn't kill enough people. It kills enough to overwhelm our health care system, but not enough for people to go: "Oh shit, it could kill me!" Like, if this virus was polio, people would actually be scared enough to actually stay at home, instead of crying about how a month of self-isolation is way too long, and that they need to see other people for their mental health.

Reactions: Dingle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If it was that deadly you'd still have conspiracy nutjobs and other kinds of morons thinking that it is a hoax.

There are a hell of a lot of those nutjobs all over social media. Usually the "free thinker" and "everyone else is a slave but me" type folks. It's amazing how stupid some folks are out there.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
1919 was still a relatively backwards period in human history. It had only been about 30 years since they figured out tuberculosis was contagious!!! Hygiene habits hardly existed. You could go on forever listing deficiencies of the era. A simple cut, could get you killed.

I think this will be far more like SARS, H1N1 of 2009 and MERS.. So much is different today that, I doubt that the gravity of the situation will match.

So a multi wave period is probably not likely...

I have and have always had one issue.. This thing is a targeted killer..the elderly and the high risk.. Since we live in an era where we have the largest number of octogenarians and septuagenarians ever. Add to it, the era were modern medicine has relieved many people from early death due to various conditions/ailments/etc..We now have the largest number of younger, but high risk people in human history...This damn pox on humanity has been given the largest target group ever....

A perfect feeding ground for a parasite..
Clearing up some myths here in the first few minutes

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Buddy, Quebec is doing a lot more than most provinces to get this under control.

Reactions: Ice-Tray and branch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad