Rumor: Sens looking to add to their blue line

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
To OTT: Benning

To EDM: OTT 4th 2020

Oil clear some cap space and grab a mid pick to help offset the 3rd we will owe CGY by year’s end.

Sens get a guy who is a solid bottom pair D when paired with the right guy (needs a D partner with wheels to succeed, he’s not great at puck retrieval). Doesn’t do things pretty, but the numbers always look decent.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think this would be more of an ahl transaction. Jaros and Lajoie showed well vs the Rangers, but left the ahl defence depleted.

If they were to acquire anyone, it'd have to be on an expiring contract and for a cheap price I assume.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't know how the cap works but Manning for Boedker stands out to me as a deal that could possibly happen.

Reactions: stempniaksen

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If its short term, small time add, I can see Chad Rudwedel being available.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Is there a worst GM of the year award?
Dorion is a shoe in if he trades assets for defense man in a rebuilding year.
lol you do realize we have like 11D under contract (4 UFAs) and like 7 of them are healthy, right??

I bet you said the same thing when we traded for Nilsson and Namestnikov eh?

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Cant see this happening. Ottawa has a lot of young defensemen pushing for spots. They are still rebuilding and the team is doing ok.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I don't know how the cap works but Manning for Boedker stands out to me as a deal that could possibly happen.

As an outsider, I agree. I could very well see this deal happening.

I’d also see Boedker coming back to a 15-15 in EDM

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Buffalo would be the plausible team to call. Granted, Botterill may be at his DA meeting (Defensemen Anonymous) at the moment so might be unreachable.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Cole. With only a year left in his deal and can provide leadership for the young players. Trade value will be low, possibly 4th rounder.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Sabres have a few potential defenseman available.

Scandella (LHD), Bogosian (RHD)
both in last years of deal.

Bogo is finally back and healthy (for now anyway) and Scandella is playing some very good hockey so far this season. But both are owed a similar amount of actual cash as their cap hit. So both are owed $4+ M in real $$ this season, which probably makes a trade to Ottawa less likely.

Maybe McCabe or Miller could also be available (though I’d prefer to keep Miller). Both are on cheaper deals.

Or Ristolainen if a good, young top 6 forward is on the table.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If it's a trade, a contact for contract is most likely, and we need someone who will be playing in the ahl mostly. Our ahl team has terrible defense and needs help. I think a free agent on a 1year 2way deal makes sense.

Important and accurate point - it will almost certainly be contract for contract. I dont think it will necessarily be a vet, though... I could see Veronneau or a similar fwd prospect being dealt for a 21 - 24yr old D with some upside.

White and a 2nd for Stecher should do it
lmao

Brendan Smith + 3rd for a 5th

You get a solid 3rd pairing guy that can play defense and move up 2 rounds in the draft for taking the cap dump

This is the type of trade I could see us making in a heart beat, or maybe something around Anisimov and Smith

I could also see something involving Petrovic, Benning Fantenberg, Manning or Russell (if we send money back too), Graves... someone of that ilk. Price will probably range from a 4th/"has a chance" prospect to a 7th + contract throw-in but I cant see us giving more than that.

Reactions: Deku

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Is there a worst GM of the year award?
Dorion is a shoe in if he trades assets for defense man in a rebuilding year.

Right, right...what the Sens need is a defenseman with term...I've got it! Maybe they could pry Jack Johnson from Pittsburgh.

I know I know, they'd need to really need to persuade. Maybe they could offer say Pageau. The pens might be fooled!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad