Rumor: Sens looking to add to their blue line

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Last thing on earth they should be doing but I won't be surprised if and when it happens, good times in Ottawa!

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
A. Anisimov
for
B. Smith

M. Boedker
for
B. Manning

C. Szwarz
for
A. Petrovic

M. Veronneau
for
M. Bowey or M. Benning

Exactly the type of trade Ottawa should be making

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
A. Anisimov
for
B. Smith

M. Boedker
for
B. Manning

C. Szwarz
for
A. Petrovic

M. Veronneau
for
M. Bowey or M. Benning

Exactly the type of trade Ottawa should be making

Nope between the AHL team and the NHL team they have 15 defensemen currently under contract and sit at 48 total contracts. As a rebuilding team with 11 defensemen with NHL experience it makes absolutely no sense to be spending any assets on adding anyone. If anything they should be dumping contracts of Borowiecki, Hainsey and potentially Demelo. Lajoie and Jaros need more games not less; they both played well on friday night.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
You have 7M in cap space and you want the sens to take Leddy still?

I mean the post was about the Sens looking to add to their blue line so I figured it was a decent proposal. We need to cut space for next season to sign Barzal, Pulock, and Toews.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Nope between the AHL team and the NHL team they have 15 defensemen currently under contract and sit at 48 total contracts. As a rebuilding team with 11 defensemen with NHL experience it makes absolutely no sense to be spending any assets on adding anyone. If anything they should be dumping contracts of Borowiecki, Hainsey and potentially Demelo. Lajoie and Jaros need more games not less; they both played well on friday night.

Lol clearly we already know what you think... I don't see what "assets" youre talking about, though. The only player who could vaguely be construed as an actual asset is Veronneau, and that's just moving from a position of relative strength to relative weakness, ESPECIALLY since we will be getting rid of some of our UFA DMen (for, you know, actual assets instead of capdumps/career minor leaguers...).

We have 11 DMen under NHL-AHL contract - one of whom is hurt for at least another month and a half - and 32 forwards under NHL-AHL contract - 24 of whom have played NHL games in the last yr. We have way more depth at F. I propose trading from our position of depth to address our lack of depth on D (which, again, almost any Sen fan and our AHL coach will agree is an issue), but you disagree... because you had your mind made up before looking at any facts or context. The fact that we have 10 DMen who can feasibly play in the NHL - one of whom is injured, 4 of whom are UFAs - should not preclude us from trading a fwd for a dman. Even you should realize this.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
u both are wrong Benning played fourth most of D in Sj 3rd most against Avs that was not months ago more like ten days

that is where he should NOT be and we are kind of lucky he got concussed so it did not keep happening
Never say we should be “lucky” for someone having a concussion that’s just sick of you to say

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
What are they going to pay them with? IOU Lebreton Flat shopping vouchers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad