Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Lightning Jan. 23 (7:30 p.m. Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
maclean's a ****ing dumbass, how much longer do we have to put up with him?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Do you think Methot is learning that you don't screw with the "Stache".

if the Stache was making reasonable decisions throughout the season so far, i would take this to be a lesson for methot, thing is that this is one of the many questionable decisions he has made this season and frankly i see no merit behind it. We brought in spezza when he was healthy, same thing with neil, methot is part of our core and should be playing...'best players play'

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Can I hop on the maclean hate bandwagon? No Methot confuses the hell out of me.

I question MacLean a lot but he is correct in this decision. What Methot said yesterday was unacceptable and Stache needs to nip it in the bud. Claude Noel lost the room in Winnepeg when Kane said he was scatched not injured after Noel said he was hurt. You can not mess with authority and when Methot opened his mouth he crossed the line. Good for MacLean ! If the players had any doubt who is in charge they know now.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Pretty sad if the coach believes that this fan base is dumb enough to believe this garbage about not switching a winning lineup. Methot is our 2nd best d-man and should be playing tonight especially against a team like TB.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Methot, corvo and kassian are officially scratched for tonight...might as well trade methot now

I am thoroughly displeased with this debacle.

original.gif

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
if the Stache was making reasonable decisions throughout the season so far, i would take this to be a lesson for methot, thing is that this is one of the many questionable decisions he has made this season and frankly i see no merit behind it. We brought in spezza when he was healthy, same thing with neil, methot is part of our core and should be playing...'best players play'
Both Spezza and Neil were held out for a game or two after they thought they were ready to come back and both of them mentioned it-but said they understood etc etc did not come out the way Methot did.

They cant let the players run the show.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I question MacLean a lot but he is correct in this decision. What Methot said yesterday was unacceptable and Stache needs to nip it in the bud. Claude Noel lost the room in Winnepeg when Kane said he was scatched not injured after Noel said he was hurt. You can not mess with authority and when Methot opened his mouth he crossed the line. Good for MacLean ! If the players had any doubt who is in charge they know now.

Exactly right.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007

If this is the actual reason, then fine... whatever. One game only please.

Maybe the whole 'not messing with a winning lineup' is just a farce. Hopefully.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Pretty sad if the coach believes that this fan base is dumb enough to believe this garbage about not switching a winning lineup. Methot is our 2nd best d-man and should be playing tonight especially against a team like TB.

He is making a point with Methot, but not throwing him under the bus "like Methot did to him". He is actually protecting him but putting the onus for the move on himself. To be honest I am VERY impressed by the way MacLean has handled this situation.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
calm down, but I agree with the rest. However, this doesn't seem to be about his playing ability at all.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
If this is the actual reason, then fine... whatever. One game only please.

Maybe the whole 'not messing with a winning lineup' is just a farce. Hopefully.

"Messing with a winning lineup" is BS in my opinion. MacLean likes to portray himself as a "simple" guy from the east coast. From what I see I don't believe much of what he says, theres a meaning behind everything he says and does. I may not agree all the time with him but I find him to be very clever !!!

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

What did Methot say exactly, that he could play and wasn't injured? I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on your rationale, but I'm a little shocked to see such a hardass stance taken with Methot over one comment.

The Methot going from Karlsson last year to Gryba this year seems weird too. I'd much rather see him with Karlsson than Cowen.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
calm down, but I agree with the rest. However, this doesn't seem to be about his playing ability at all.

Not sure that I was so upset that I needed to calm down but you are right about it not having anything to do with playing ability.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
What did Methot say exactly, that he could play and wasn't injured? I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on your rationale, but I'm a little shocked to see such a hardass stance taken with Methot over one comment.

The Methot going from Karlsson last year to Gryba this year seems weird too. I'd much rather see him with Karlsson than Cowen.

What probably set Maclean off was mentioning the bag skate. The bag skate is considered a type of punishment when you're scratched out of the line-up but in the NHL, you NEVER make mention of it. Being bagskated brings negative attention to you but the reasons can vary from being late to practice to just outright skating practice. What Methot did was bring attention to it which is a no-no.

Case in point, I travelled to Nashville to watch the Sens game and took in the practice. At the end of the practice, Kassian, Neil, Gryba and Wiercoch (all healthy scratches) had to do the bag skate. Not one of them mentioned it to the media.

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa

Did you hear the soundbite?
I don't mind the benching

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

No one is thinking that we are show casing Wiercioch?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Nope. Neil actually felt he was ready and STILL sat for two more games. Spezza felt he was ready and he sat one more game too. The difference is either didn't mention it in the media. They even got bag skated too. Again, no mention.

If Methot wants to be a part of this core, he needs to understand the responsibilities of being in the core includes how you present yourself to the media after a coach's decision.

He could have taken the Karlsson approach and just avoid the media altogether.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Nope. Neil actually felt he was ready and STILL sat for two more games. Spezza felt he was ready and he sat one more game too. The difference is either didn't mention it in the media. They even got bag skated too. Again, no mention.

If Methot wants to be a part of this core, he needs to understand the responsibilities of being in the core includes how you present yourself to the media after a coach's decision.

He could have taken the Karlsson approach and just avoid the media altogether.

They should get some weights put into those bags, and get them to do that all practice so that they can actually skate.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
So if our next ten games go terribly, then it's ok to fire him?

Nope. I'd like to believe we're not a bunch of crybabies.

Although, I will say that if we lose the next 10 and Methot's sitting the whole time, I'll be right there with you guys, sporting a torch and a pitchfork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad