Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
BINGO
It comes from people getting angry at someone for not sharing more personal knowledge than they are comfortable sharing. Acting as though for some reason you deserve to know more and that person is being lame for not sharing more. That's what I mean. It's pretty much text book entitlement. It doesn't mean it's a universal character trait of the poster, but more that the poster is acting that way.

Hope that makes sense because it happens almost every time someone shares 'insider' info.,

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I have been a Sens fan since they came to town and have my orginal peace tower jersey on the wall and remember first season at the Civic Center and years of great memories since then.but.....

I am a fan who is entitled!

I expect my team to be ran to be ran like a proper NHL franchise not a team and n the verge of bankruptcy.

I expect my team to have proper structure to franchise to grow and cultivate talent and keep that talent.

I expect when my team does well we invest in that team in hopes of winning a Stanley Cup. Winning a SC is hard and when your on the verge you go all in! You don't start a rebuild.

I expect my team to have a proper owner and management in place to run this franchise with the long term in mind.

I expect my franchise to not piss the fans off fans with threats and mismanagement of assets and then try and blame the fans.

I expect ownership not to think that the fans are stupid and cannot see what is going on.

I expect if you want my money you need to earn it not expect it.

I expect good years and bad years that's way the way the game goes.

I expect not to see purposely sabotaging of the product by the owner and management to save a buck.

I expect when a owner can no longer to afford to run a business properly and cries broke ,is time to sell.

I expect EM to sell this team before this team and city began a full on revolt against him.

Yes I am entitled fan who has spent 10's of thousands supporting my team and I could spend that money on something else if I so choose to do so.

I will be a Sens fan for life but I am not a EM fan and never will be.

Sens4Life

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
False. I was born into a hardcore Habs fan family and managed to sneak away to the dark side.

If the Sens were seen as a franco/anglo team, as in, not just Ottawa but Outaouais, they'd get a lot more Quebs on their side, or at least get some Habs fans to cheer for both teams. The team being in Lebreton will go a long way in changing the perception, but they'll have to start marketing themselves just as strongly in Gatineau. If(and that's a big IF), new ownership is comprised partly or fully of francos, that'll seal the deal.

well hopefully that won't ever lead to some form of fan demand that we have bilingual people running and coaching the organization. anytime you artificially restrict the talent pool from which you draw you end up compromising on talent in the long run.

Reactions: Bean Drown

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
well hopefully that won't ever lead to some form of fan demand that we have bilingual people running and coaching the organization. anytime you artificially restrict the talent pool from which you draw you end up compromising on talent in the long run.

This is assuming you're hiring the best which is usually never the case. Alain Vigneault doesn't have a job, Lou Lamourillo lost his job after turning around the Leafs to a nobody. Michel Therrien coaches solid teams and always has, he doesn't have an NHL job.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I have been a Sens fan since they came to town and have my orginal peace tower jersey on the wall and remember first season at the Civic Center and years of great memories since then.but.....

I expect my team to be ran to be ran like a proper NHL franchise not a team and n the verge of bankruptcy.

I expect my team to have proper structure to franchise to grow and cultivate talent and keep that talent.

I expect when my team does well we invest in that team in hopes of winning a Stanley Cup. Winning a SC is hard and when your on the verge you go all in! You don't start a rebuild.

I expect my team to have a proper owner and management in place to run this franchise with the long term in mind.

I expect my franchise to not piss the fans off fans with threats and mismanagement of assets and then try and blame the fans.

I expect ownership not to think that the fans are stupid and cannot see what is going on.

I expect not to see purposely sabotaging of the product by the owner and management to save a buck.

I expect when a owner can no longer to afford to run a business properly and cries broke ,is time to sell.

I expect EM to sell this team before this team and city began a full on revolt against him.

Yes I am entitled fan who has spent 10's of thousands supporting my team and I could spend that money on something else if I so choose to do so.

Sens4Life
EXACTLY

Reactions: Yak

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I don't disagree, but hiring the best available bilingual staff is probably still a step up from going after the best available budget option.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
BINGO!

Sens4Life

EXACTLY!

THIS MAN GETS IT!!

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I don't disagree, but hiring the best available bilingual staff is probably still a step up from going after the best available budget option.
Yup. Having a few francophone players doesn’t hurt either. It isn’t affirmative action or something, it’s just common sense. You can’t attract an entire francophone community while ignoring their identity.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Yup. Having a few francophone players doesn’t hurt either. It isn’t affirmative action or something, it’s just common sense. You can’t attract an entire francophone community while ignoring their identity.

while i get your point we really dont want to fall into the same issues the habs face on a regular basis

ill settle with keeping our best players and getting the best players signed, that and some positive marketing will bring in fans

Reactions: Bean Drown

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If Senators commit to Karlsson, Stone, Duchene, fans will commit to the team | Sporting News

Must have talked to the only 3 angry fans that are on HF and Twitter. Fake news media at it again to destroy the great legacy of Lord Eugene Melnyk.

The Senators are being really quiet about everything. Not much of a marketing voice. No clear direction discernible. Changes made have made the team worse ..re Brassard (2nd line C) and Hoffman (Scoring top 6 winger) out Boedker (tweener at best with not a lot of offense) in. I thought Brassard was a sign of things to come but nothing has materialized. Hoffman was forced due to unfortunate allegations made of his fiance by the Karlssons. Stone on a 1 year walking him to UFA. Nothing on Duchene. Karlsson in limbo. No splash when they signed Tkachuk. Nothing on the rookie tournament. Nothing on Batherson going to the NHLPA prospects showcase. Nothing on the annual fan fest. Positive events are not being built up/marketed at all. I expect attendance to be worse. I can respect not discussing a plan .. any plan. I can respect not discussing players contracts. ..but there have been some good opportunities to provide some excitement and hope and notta. When attendance is down and the number of empty seats are glaringly visible.. what then? How does Melnyk react to that?

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
The Senators are being really quiet about everything. Not much of a marketing voice. No clear direction discernible. Changes made have made the team worse ..re Brassard (2nd line C) and Hoffman (Scoring top 6 winger) out Boedker (tweener at best with not a lot of offense) in. I thought Brassard was a sign of things to come but nothing has materialized. Hoffman was forced due to unfortunate allegations made of his fiance by the Karlssons. Stone on a 1 year walking him to UFA. Nothing on Duchene. Karlsson in limbo. No splash when they signed Tkachuk. Nothing on the rookie tournament. Nothing on Batherson going to the NHLPA prospects showcase. Nothing on the annual fan fest. Positive events are not being built up/marketed at all. I expect attendance to be worse. I can respect not discussing a plan .. any plan. I can respect not discussing players contracts. ..but there have been some good opportunities to provide some excitement and hope and notta. When attendance is down and the number of empty seats are glaringly visible.. what then? How does Melnyk react to that?
Yeah, didn’t Brady sign his contract at his own dad’s place or something? It was very low-key for a supposed top prospect. And if I recall correctly, his brother Matthew actually broke the news.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah, didn’t Brady sign his contract at his own dad’s place or something? It was very low-key for a supposed top prospect. And if I recall correctly, his brother Matthew actually broke the news.
Yup this guy's tweet was the first I saw of it.. Not confirmed for about 24 hours and then it was relatively quietly announced by the team.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

That's hilarious dude.

Reactions: Emerica

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Apropos of nothing, I think I remember hearing that Melinda Currey's family has quite a bit of money? I couldn't find any reference to it in a quick Google. Did I hear wrong?

Normally, I wouldn't care...

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Apropos of nothing, I think I remember hearing that Melinda Currey's family has quite a bit of money? I couldn't find any reference to it in a quick Google. Did I hear wrong?

Yes, I remember reading about that as well. It is a fairly well-off family.

Reactions: pzeeman

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

From what we were told by a few on here here family is very wealthy and she's a daddy's girl. This played no small part in getting a bunch of us (myself included) that Karlsson was more likely than not staying.

So far so good on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad