Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It's like you willingly choose to ignore how Ottawa has always had some of the best attendance numbers until recently.

My favourite ostrich. You can keep ignoring the freebies, that is up to you.

By the way, the much lauded RedBlacks and their business model has thousands of empty seats lately. I thought they were supposed to show the Senators a thing or two of how to run a model franchise, win or lose. And they are also losing millions.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013

By the way, the much lauded RedBlacks and their business model has thousands of empty seats lately. I thought they were supposed to show the Senators a thing or two of how to run a model franchise, win or lose. And they are also losing millions.
The biggest ostrich of them all was Cyrill Leader.....freebies for everyone, gobble gobble.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Three months after my wife filed her taxes she received a notice that her T4 was completely wrong and the Govt reassessed her return. She actually got money back instead of owing money. However we have no idea why it was adjusted or what the problem was with her other T4. And she’s an accountant. She said the numbers don’t seem to add up and it appears totally arbitrary what changes were made. And that was her 3rd T4. As an Govt employee you have no way of calculating your income yourself. You have to rely on the percentages and deductions being applied etc provided by the employer. The problem with Phoenix is that the people fixing it are not fixing the software, they are just manually putting in what they think the numbers should be.
Also, my wife is still owed a bunch of money for acting pay. She called the Phoenix Centre and they told her the system says it already paid her so case closed. And she was “but that is why there is a case. I was never paid.” And the person told her that the system says she was. So she’s been fighting with them to prove that they paid her. Should be easy enough as there are pay stubs. And they never paid her but it’s been a nightmare dealing with them. And they hired all kinds of new people as term contract workers to help clear the backlog but they aren’t real PS workers and don’t really have a clue what they’re doing.
Every two weeks we have to check to make sure we’re getting paid. That is insanity.
And just this week they altered her basic pay amount by over $20k a year so her pay was hundreds of dollars lower. No reason. She now has another open Phoenix ticket. I think she has 7-8 open tickets.

I now work with people who used to work in Miramichi for PSPC.

Let's just say the problem isn't just Phoenix haha. The work ethic of some of them is outstandingly awful.

Reactions: slamigo

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I now work with people who used to work in Miramichi for PSPC.

Let's just say the problem isn't just Phoenix haha. The work ethic of some of them is outstandingly awful.
Yup, my wife works directly with a CFO and ADMs. She is a CPA herself and when she calls up the Phoenix people she often gets attitude from some low level newbie who has no clue what they're talking about and is obviously in over their head and has no answers to give. It doesn't inspire confidence.

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017

If the Redblacks are losing millions we never hear about it. And how much of their losses is the depreciation expense on their new stadium? Have you seen or can you produce their balance sheet? Sure, they've had a few non-sellouts in their four years but they've never once whined about it or blamed the fans. And, most importantly, project themselves outwardly as a first-class organization, i.e. how many of their star players want to leave the organization? In fact I bet the vast majority of CFL players would love to play in Ottawa. Meanwhile unfortunately the Sens organization is a complete tire fire where star players can't wait to leave. The two organizations are polar opposites and it all starts and stops with ownership,

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yup, my wife works directly with a CFO and ADMs. She is a CPA herself and when she calls up the Phoenix people she often gets attitude from some low level newbie who has no clue what they're talking about and is obviously in over their head and has no answers to give. It doesn't inspire confidence.

There's a PSPC call center dedicated to pay issues in Chelsea now so odds are high that people who are calling aren't even talking to people who have any training on data entry.

PSPC is almost as much of a joke as ESDC is haha

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
If the Redblacks are losing millions we never hear about it. And how much of their losses is the depreciation expense on their new stadium? Have you seen or can you produce their balance sheet? Sure, they've had a few non-sellouts in their four years but they've never once whined about it or blamed the fans. And, most importantly, project themselves outwardly as a first-class organization, i.e. how many of their star players want to leave the organization? In fact I bet the vast majority of CFL players would love to play in Ottawa. Meanwhile unfortunately the Sens organization is a complete tire fire where star players can't wait to leave. The two organizations are polar opposites and it all starts and stops with ownership,

He's right, they are losing money, this is coming from a source inside the org, badly enough that they were considering folding the soccer team at one point. But I guess they aren't losing enough to complain about it.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He's right, they are losing money, this is coming from a source inside the org, badly enough that they were considering folding the soccer team at one point. But I guess they aren't losing enough to complain about it.
Meh, the CFL its fun I suppose...But in reality it really has never generated more than a moderate interest...The soccer team is likely even lower on the scale

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
im pretty sure i got overpaid last year when i did a government internship

i am waiting for them to ask for their coin back

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
im pretty sure i got overpaid last year when i did a government internship

i am waiting for them to ask for their coin back

A lot of time people think they were overpaid and they weren't, they just got something they were due very late. Think "we actually never paid you for your first 4 days of work" kind of deal.

If you are convinced it is an overpayment stick it in a high interest saving account, I've known a few cases where it took two years before the government came calling. Although that should be very rare, things are a lot better than they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad