Post-Game Talk: Sens/Leafs: Eric Brewer 1000th NHL game but lose 5-3 [converted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
I can't decide who I want to finish 9th more than the other - the Sens or the Bruins.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This must put us close to clinching a bottom five spot, though not necessarily (but likely) a bottom five pick.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
But you're still going to get the threads where people cheer for the other team and hope to lose when they're out of it by New Years.

I've seen a lot of bad Leafs teams in my life but I've never hated one like this. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that way. I think most of us will just revert to being frustrated fans but not actually cheering against them if this horrible core is gutted over the summer.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
I can't decide who I want to finish 9th more than the other - the Sens or the Bruins.
From what I gather, a lot of Bruins fans are actually hoping that they miss and changes are made over the summer.

I like the Sens better anyway but that made it an extra easy choice.

This must put us close to clinching a bottom five spot, though not necessarily (but likely) a bottom five pick.
We'd have to win at least 5 of our remaining 9 games to catch Columbus now, and that's if they lose every game for the rest of the season.

For all intents and purposes it's just between us and the Canes for 4th overall, and they still have a couple of games in hand. As long as we finish behind them, then the worst case scenario (team drafting behind us winning the lottery) would still give us 5th overall.

Personally I'm thinking we finish 4th last, either Buffalo or Arizona wins the lottery and we take Marner at 4th overall. I could just be overestimating the Hunter connection, but even aside from playing for the Knights, Marner is just such a prototypical Mark Hunter player.

Last edited:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

Bruins. Sens are a budget team, building through the draft, and have a lot of their vets injured. We should take a few pages from their book.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

To just tie Columbus in points, the leafs would have to win 5 out of their remaining 9 games, while Columbus would have to not get a point in their remaining 10 games.

Shwaguy*

It's always a good idea to throw stones at the Senators, no matter how bad we are.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
I've seen a lot of bad Leafs teams in my life but I've never hated one like this. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that way. I think most of us will just revert to being frustrated fans but not actually cheering against them if this horrible core is gutted over the summer.

It's really tough to argue with this. The core of this team can be tough to cheer for. Big money contracts, unfulfilled expectations. There are a few that worth cheering for, Komorav being one, but so many changes need to be made.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I find it hilarious that the story line from Leafs perspective was that Lindstrom and Eixson scored, Sill with an assist and two fighting majors and Brewer celebrated his 1000th game.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
I find it hilarious that the story line from Leafs perspective was that Lindstrom and Eixson scored, Sill with an assist and two fighting majors and Brewer celebrated his 1000th game.

The Leafs' storyline is one more game without a point. That much closer to 4th overall.

Rufio65*

It's always a good idea to throw stones at the Senators, no matter how bad we are.

And the Sens are going to be laughing at the Leafs for a long time, because they are going to be good for a longggg time. They are a prime example of how to draft and develop properly.

Stone- 6th round pick
Pageau- 4th round pick
Hoffman- 5th round pick
Condra- 7th round pick

4 quality forwards found with mid-late round picks, these picks are throw aways for the Leafs. They put us to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad