Post-Game Talk: Sens/Leafs: Eric Brewer 1000th NHL game but lose 5-3 [converted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
The Good
Season series: The Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators have split two games this season, each at Canadian Tire Centre.

The Bad
The Senators have the best record in the NHL over the last 10 games (8-1-1) and have won five in a row.

The Ugly
The Leafs are Lottery bound Last 10 games (2-1-7) and have lost 4 in a row.

TV: SN, TVA2

RADIO: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

The Leafs and Senators meet for the third of five times this season:

CAPITAL MOMENT

The Senators are two points behind the Boston Bruins for the second wild-card in the Eastern Conference with one game in hand. Ottawa was 14 points out of the wild-card on Feb. 1

Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
Congrats to Eric Brewer who will become the 22nd player to skate in his 1000th game as a Maple Leaf. Brad May was the last to do it in 2009.

PROJECTED LINEUPS

Here's how the Leafs and Senators are expected to line up tonight...

Toronto Maple Leafs

Forwards

21 van Riemsdyk - 42 Bozak - 81 Kessel

18 Panik - 23 Smith - 19 Lupul

20 Booth - 47 Komarov - 67 Kozun

15 Lindstrom - 53 Carrick - 22 Sill

Defence

51 Gardiner - 3 Phaneuf

44 Rielly - 2 Brewer

33 Erixon - 57 MacWilliam

Goaltenders

34 Reimer

45 Bernier

Ottawa Senators

Forwards

9 Michalek - 7 Turris - 61 Stone

26 Puempel - 93 Zibanejad - 6 Ryan

68 Hoffman - 17 Legwand - 90 Chiasson

22 Condra - 44 Pageau - 27 Lazar

Defence

3 Methot - 65 Karlsson

46 Wiercioch - 5 Ceci

62 Gryba - 74 Borowiecki

Goaltenders

30 Hammond

32 Driedger

Last edited by a moderator:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
The only thing for winning this game, would be for us to be the spoilers in Ottawa's bid to catch the Wild Card spot

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I don't like our chances tonight. We always beat Ottawa .. tank will have to be put on hold :cry:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
And the guy who is responsible for all this won't be fired according to Dreger.

If there is a level below 'Ugly', that is where I'd put that.

A lot of people believe Dreger only gets information from Nonis because he's his 2nd cousin (or whatever relationship they have)... If this is true, do you really think he'd say in public that Nonis is likely to be fired?

I don't know if he will or not, but saying your source is going to get fired is a good way to lose that source...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs and Sens play 3 more times of Leafs 10 remaining games.

Leafs control Ottawa's playoff fate in their hands dependent on the results of these games.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Here is more good, bad and ugly

As I said in response to another one of your posts, yes our team needs work but by no means is/will our prospect pool be horrible by the start of next year... It should be top 10 in the league.

Nylander, Strome/Marner/Hanifin/McDavid (plz win lottery), Percy, NSH 1st, Brown are a pretty strong top 5 prospects. That's 2 blue-chips and 3 good-great prospects by my count (with many other prospects looking like they'll be impact players at some level; Gauthier, Johnson, Leivo, Loov, Granberg, Finn, Valiev, Verhaghe, etc.). Not many team have 2 blue-chip prospects in their system to be honest...

Edit: Also think that we'll require 1 or 2 more 2nd/1st round picks at the draft.

Karlsson2Turris*

I think it will be mutually beneficial for the Sens to win here :laugh:

Regardless, may the better team win...

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
A lot of people believe Dreger only gets information from Nonis because he's his 2nd cousin (or whatever relationship they have)... If this is true, do you really think he'd say in public that Nonis is likely to be fired?

I don't know if he will or not, but saying your source is going to get fired is a good way to lose that source...

Makes sense.. He defends Nonis enough to his personal PR rep.

SChan*

Leafs and Sens play 3 more times of Leafs 10 remaining games.

Leafs control Ottawa's playoff fate in their hands dependent on the results of these games.

ottawa also controls leafs mcdavid fate

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
ottawa also controls leafs mcdavid fate

lmao.. Ottawa really controls Leafs fate in a 1% variation between 9.5% and 8.5% right?

You can stop kidding yourself with that.

Leafs could win all 3 games vs Sens and they'd still finish 4th worst.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
our roster blows.

20 Booth - 47 Komarov - 67 Kozun should be a fun line to watch. they will be our best line, but realistically, that should be our 4th line next season.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
Here is more good, bad and ugly

That's a little melodramatic. The plan is obviously to ship out all of the big contracts this summer, add considerable future assets and continue building from within.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
We're in a much better situation without that Clarkson contract.

Kessel I think is the only really bad contract we have now... but there are enough stupid GMs out there who will still pay a lot for Kessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad