Post-Game Talk: Sens knock Habs 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
For the record, I predict Mika WILL be a 25/35 type player. (Think Voracek)

Lazar Low End: Dubinsky, High End: Ladd

Both important players.

That's a great comparison (Voracek).

I've always found they play alike, they even skate similar, and they have the same number. :D

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It hink the only reason Tinordi has a job is because his name is close to "NORDIQUE" so his name subliminally resonates with a french fanbase. Montreal had no choice but to give him a job. Just like Louis Leblanc.

Nah, it's because he's over 6ft.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
For the record, I predict Mika WILL be a 25/35 type player. (Think Voracek)

Lazar Low End: Dubinsky, High End: Ladd

Both important players.

I think he ends up a notch above Ladd .

I think lazar is gonna do better with the puck than people think. Will make plays below the hashmarks. Wouldn't be surprised if he excels below the hash marks.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Hey, any inside info on any trades or the Methot negotiations?

Negative.

I only get stuff when contracts are being drawn up, and apparently they've drawn up almost 10 of ten of them total for Methot.

When it comes to trades, I'm a little less reliable, as usually it has to travel down the latter quite a bit before I hear anything.

I can say this about Methot though...

They weren't very happy about his commitment to the team last season.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Negative.

I only get stuff when contracts are being drawn up, and apparently they've drawn up almost 10 of ten of them total for Methot.

When it comes to trades, I'm a little less reliable, as usually it has to travel down the latter quite a bit before I hear anything.

As in he wanted to be traded? Or he didn't work hard this offseason?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Negative.

Thanks. :)

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Nah, it's because he's over 6ft.

For some reason Habs fans think he is the next Bob Probert. Too bad he can't play hockey. Habs Fans think they need an enforcer not knowing that you need tough players instead.

One tough guy doesn't make up for a team full of divers.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
For some reason Habs fans think he is the next Bob Probert. Too bad he can't play hockey. Habs Fans think they need an enforcer not knowing that you need tough players instead.

One tough guy doesn't make up for a team full of divers.

Yeah that, and he's in the same boat as Cowen. He's a big D. Those take time to develop. On the other hand, he's looked terrible every time I've watched him. I really hope he makes the team and plays for them this year. Him and Gilbert will take down the scabs.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
ZBad is basically already a 20-20 guy if you look at his paces. Slightly under.

You think he'll just be able to add 10 assists to that once he fully develops? :huh:

He's still bitter over losing Spezza.

Wait til Karlsson has a bad regular season game, then you'll see the venom really fly from that poster.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
"In terms of defensemen" cuts down the list quite a bit.

Even then, I suspect all our Swedes will be better.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yes, Vesa, haha. Although it was an obvious thread. No way in seven heavens is Habs prospect pool better than ours. Sens get underrated in almost everything unless we fight through hell to garner respect(2012-2013 season)

In terms of defensemen alone he most certainly would be, if not #1.

Not defenders. And no he wouldn't, lol. Unless you not counting Ceci.

Ceci
Claesson
Possibly Vikstrand I'd pick ahead of him. Tinordi is ridiculously overrated.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I actually don't mind Tinordi. I like my shutdown D to be big, mobile and mean, and Tinordi has all three qualities. He's like Cowen, but with less upside. He'll develop into a solid defenseman, but like most giant D coming out of junior he needs a bit more time.

I'd take him over Claesson and Wikstrand, but I agree he wouldn't be a top 3 prospect in our pool. Our pool is quite underrated around HF; not a lot of household names but I see a lot of NHLers in our pool.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I actually don't mind Tinordi. I like my shutdown D to be big, mobile and mean, and Tinordi has all three qualities. He's like Cowen, but with less upside. He'll develop into a solid defenseman, but like most giant D coming out of junior he needs a bit more time.

I'd take him over Claesson and Wikstrand, but I agree he wouldn't be a top 3 prospect in our pool. Our pool is quite underrated around HF; not a lot of household names but I see a lot of NHLers in our pool.

Tinordi arguably has even less puck skills than Cowen. Not that he needs to make slick passes like karlsson to be a top 4 defender but i could see that being a factor in him getting more ice time unless he develops that part of his game.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Not defenders. And no he wouldn't, lol. Unless you not counting Ceci.

Ceci
Claesson
Possibly Vikstrand I'd pick ahead of him. Tinordi is ridiculously overrated.

I'm not counting Ceci. He's a full time NHLer. He would be the clear cut #1, obviously.

But there's no reason why Claesson and Wikstrand would be slotted ahead of Tinordi, at this point. That's not to say they can't be better than him in the future. But while he hasn't exactly panned out yet, he has some NHL experience already, which is more than what Claesson and Wikstrand has. Tinordi is only 22 as well. Still plenty of room to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad