Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Jets Sunday 7PM CST - TSN3 Preseason Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Looking forward to attending the game tonight.

Interested to see the top line 9-80-27 and the Dillon-Pionk pair. Also interested to see how Perfetti, Vesalainen and Gustafsson look. Wonder how Heinola and Stanley will compare. I still see a potential battle between them, though cap issues and waiver status will favour Stanley.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Personally I'm hoping that the Copp-Dubois-Ehlers line plays.

Lines 2, 4, 5, and 6 from the chart along with pairs 2, 3, and 4 would be a nice lineup. In net I think Maurice said the 6 preseason games would be split something like 3-2-1 between Hellebuyck-Comrie-Berdin, so I expect Comrie'll play.

Ice time might skew to the bottom 9 in my scenario because Maurice has said he wants to get a lot of time to audition the 4th line C between Harkins, Nash, and Gustafsson.

nailed it

itk?

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
“Is that the Jets on TV?? Move out of the way buddy you’re blocking my view”

So excited!!

upload_2021-9-26_10-2-15.gif

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Nervous! I have tickets to the game to take my 13 year old, but she has no photo ID. :( Hoping we can get in.

Regardless, so happy hockey is back!
Aren't they requiring anyone 12+ to be vaccinated? Do you have proof of vaccination for her?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
Aren't they requiring anyone 12+ to be vaccinated? Do you have proof of vaccination for her?
Yes, we've been double vaxxed for a while now. :thumbu::thumbu:

I noticed on this page that they require proof AND photo ID (school ID for children, but we don't have a school ID, and she has no passport! :confused:)

True North Health & Wellness Principles - Canada Life Centre
"...all guests will be required to show proof of full immunization (2 doses of Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine received at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the event) and photo ID to enter the venue. "

"For children, a piece of school identification can be used in place of official government issued photo ID."

I have an email in with Ticket Services, so in case anyone else is taking teens to the game, I'll post what they tell me here.

My apologies if I"m hijacking this thread. (7-2 Jets is my prediction!) :P

ghyrti

Oct 21, 2014
Yes, we've been double vaxxed for a while now. :thumbu::thumbu:

I noticed on this page that they require proof AND photo ID (school ID for children, but we don't have a school ID, and she has no passport! :confused:)

True North Health & Wellness Principles - Canada Life Centre
"...all guests will be required to show proof of full immunization (2 doses of Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine received at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the event) and photo ID to enter the venue. "

"For children, a piece of school identification can be used in place of official government issued photo ID."

I have an email in with Ticket Services, so in case anyone else is taking teens to the game, I'll post what they tell me here.

My apologies if I"m hijacking this thread. (7-2 Jets is my prediction!) :P

Gone out to eat a couple of times and for my 13 year old showing them a MB health card with all the family names on it has been accepted.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm not going to worry too much about the final scores if the team is icing mainly rookies and AHL guys with only a few or our top guys. Just hope that we see some good signs. If Vesalainen doesn't get that monkey off his back at the NHL level then I don't know what to think. It would be awesome for him to blossom into a serviceable NHL player with a big shot that can pitch in a few goals. Stanley has mainly recovered to keep our record of success in the 1st round picks.
The younger guys haven't had a chance to prove anything left and that leaves Ves as the guy who needs to take that next step.

Looking back at Jets 1.0 quite a few 1st round picks never even played.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm not going to worry too much about the final scores if the team is icing mainly rookies and AHL guys with only a few or our top guys. Just hope that we see some good signs. If Vesalainen doesn't get that monkey off his back at the NHL level then I don't know what to think. It would be awesome for him to blossom into a serviceable NHL player with a big shot that can pitch in a few goals. Stanley has mainly recovered to keep our record of success in the 1st round picks.
The younger guys haven't had a chance to prove anything left and that leaves Ves as the guy who needs to take that next step.

Looking back at Jets 1.0 quite a few 1st round picks never even played.

I'm also not to concerned about the scores this preseason. I'm just looking for some chemistry to form between our lines and pairings. I'm also looking for the kids to show well.

That and I'll be paying a lot of attention to how our systems evolve over the course of the preseason. I'm expecting the first number of games to be sloppy in that regard.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I just wanna see how long it will take to get into the game.

Scan my ticket, scan my vax card, look at my ID ( which won't look like me because I'm wearing a mask ) ... hopefully they have got this down pat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad