Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Islanders Mar. 13. I Want A Cheeseburger Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Same opinion from me as last time around. I don't really care who starts. Hammond is on a roll, but eventually the wheels will falls off. We don't know one way or another if it is tonight. Andy is the better goalie, but he is still showing rust after the long layoff. Either one can steal the game for us, and both have the potential to stink the joint out.

Potato-potato. (sounds better when you say it)

I personally think we need to ride Hammond until the point of his (near) inevitable collapse back to Earth. When he loses (and it will likely be ugly), the streak is presumably ended and things go back to normal.

But until then, no one really knows how long the magic is set to last. If Hammond wins, he gets the next game. That's my philosophy at this point.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I'm just enjoying the ride.... watching some exciting hockey... I also don't care who's in cause a W is a W... Really enjoying watching Stone, Hoffman, Pageau and some youth, step up....

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
why? at some point he'll lose some games, ya. but why do you think the wheels will fall off? hes looked like a legit #1 goalie every game he's played, how do we know he's not?

Well, for starters, no one in the history of the NHL has been able to maintain a .960 save%.

My statement was in the same category as saying the sky is blue.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I personally think we need to ride Hammond until the point of his (near) inevitable collapse back to Earth. When he loses (and it will likely be ugly), the streak is presumably ended and things go back to normal.

But until then, no one really knows how long the magic is set to last. If Hammond wins, he gets the next game. That's my philosophy at this point.

I completely agree with this. Ride it, enjoy the ride, and then look back fondly on it when it is over. And, since this is HF boards, over the next few years enjoy reading about how Hammond ruined our chance to get (player X) because of his run.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Sens flew in last night. No game day skate. Hope they don't come out slow w cement skates. Should be a challenge to see how Sens handle some of the Isles big F like Tavares, Lee, etc. who matches up best vs Tavares? Turris?

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Andy is not the better goalie right now. I don’t care how many nhl games he's played compared to Hammond, Hammond gets the start every night until he stinks one up, and so far he hasn’t stunk anything up, including last night’s first period. Andy is in no shape to steal anything. Plus the team plays so much better in front of Hammond, and I don't know why, nor do I care. I say ride 'er all the way.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Sens flew in last night. No game day skate. Hope they don't come out slow w cement skates. Should be a challenge to see how Sens handle some of the Isles big F like Tavares, Lee, etc. who matches up best vs Tavares? Turris?

its probably the michalek-turris-stone line, atleast thats the matchup we would want or even condra-pageau-lazar; which i wouldnt mind too much

but since the game is in NYI they are probably going to try and matchup tavares vs legwand :help:

Oct 10, 2010
Andy is not the better goalie right now. I don’t care how many nhl games he's played compared to Hammond, Hammond gets the start every night until he stinks one up, and so far he hasn’t stunk anything up, including last night’s first period. Andy is in no shape to steal anything. Plus the team plays so much better in front of Hammond, and I don't know why, nor do I care. I say ride 'er all the way.

Yeah, people need to stop talking about Andy, it's not about him right now. We have been wining with Hammond and that's the bottom line.

Anderson is the #1 guy until said otherwise, so no need to worry about him. Ride the hot goalie until the magic runs out period.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

I'm so annoyed with how a large segment of fans are ready reacting to Hammond. Compare Buffalo and Montreal to Calgary and Boston. Anderson has had the harder games since coming back.

Whoever starts tonight will have a bigger challenge than Hammond had last night. Starting Hammond in Montreal was probably a way of protecting him. The Islanders are much better offensively than a very weak Montreal team, and the Ottawa team in front of whoever starts tonight will be potentially sluggish due to it being the second night of a back to back.

They are doing the right thing with Hammond. They are giving him starts while he is still hot, but also protecting him by giving their .926 save percentage veteran starting goalie the tougher games.

Shiny new toy syndrome.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
What's with the hamburgers? What am I missing here?

It should be a good game. Two teams that need the points in regulation.
Sens to keep them alive, Isles to stay ahead of the penguins for home ice in the first round.

Is Neal still out?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm so annoyed with how a large segment of fans are ready reacting to Hammond. Compare Buffalo and Montreal to Calgary and Boston. Anderson has had the harder games since coming back.

Whoever starts tonight will have a bigger challenge than Hammond had last night. Starting Hammond in Montreal was probably a way of protecting him. The Islanders are much better offensively than a very weak Montreal team, and the Ottawa team in front of whoever starts tonight will be potentially sluggish due to it being the second night of a back to back.

They are doing the right thing with Hammond. They are giving him starts while he is still hot, but also protecting him by giving their .926 save percentage veteran starting goalie the tougher games.

Shiny new toy syndrome.
What??? Hammond has beaten the best teams in the NHL since he came in, what are you talking about? Annaheim, Montreal twice who lead the division & eastern conference, LA last yr's Stanley Cup Champions, SJ, Minny was playing great & he took them to the shootout ... clearly he has faced the better teams.

Anderson & Ottawa faced a number of weaker teams with backup goalies & Anderson hasn't been able to put together more than two wins in a row all yr. Anderson at 33 yrs old has only made it to the playoffs 3 times & been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round twice & once in the second round. Why are people so loyal to him, what has he won in his career? Yea, he was playing good at the beginning of the yr but they still weren't winning, this business is all about wnning.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Sens to keep them alive, Isles to stay ahead of the penguins for home ice in the first round.

Is Neal still out?

You don't like hamburgers? :shakehead

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Man people on twitter are really making a big deal out of this Hammond vs. Anderson thing that is apparently going on now.

:facepalm:

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Leddy & Neilson are both out so that's 2 good things. I wonder if perhaps Gryba > Boro after that puck to the face last night. RD is more natural for Gryba too?!

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa

Shiny new toy syndrome.

Ya, lets not talk about the Cali trip at all cause it fits your argument.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Is Neal still out?

Neil is still out yes.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 35s 35 seconds ago
Hammond starts #Sens

The Hamburlgar.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa

Is Neal still out?

ahhhhh ur an Islanders fan.... now I get it

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Good.

Hamburglar-Steals-McDonalds-Drive-Through.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad