Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Vegas, Sunday 8:30pm

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I think partly its overcoaching. this isn't a team to get technical with.. like some were sayeing before, this team is a mix of differet players that don't really compliment eachother… high paced offensive game is what we need to do get it in deep and forechec

I completely agree with this. Having Tom Pyatt out there so late in the game is also inexcusable. Dude produces absolutely no offence, so if we are a"rebuilding" team, why is GB out there playing for a point? All Pyatt does is get hemmed in our own zone.

Reactions: Vprime

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I completely agree with this. Having Tom Pyatt out there so late in the game is also inexcusable. Dude produces absolutely no offence, so if we are a"rebuilding" team, why is GB out there playing for a point? All Pyatt does is get hemmed in our own zone.
Comment from GB being ask if the fact we kept our ''composure'' all game was a step in right direction?
GB : oh yeah, oh yeah !! for sure.

WHAT ??! loll

Got dominated for 60 min, but because the goalie stood on his head you looked kinda ok in the board..

The difference with the other last 2 games was that we were competing and even dominating at some point of the game.. This game was a 60 min of being dominating..

There is a few player who were good. IMO. But the 5 mans structure of the team was trash last night.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Comment from GB being ask if the fact we kept our ''composure'' all game was a step in right direction?
GB : oh yeah, oh yeah !! for sure.

WHAT ??! loll

Got dominated for 60 min, but because the goalie stood on his head you looked kinda ok in the board..

The difference with the other last 2 games was that we were competing and even dominating at some point of the game.. This game was a 60 min of being dominating..

There is a few player who were good. IMO. But the 5 mans structure of the team was trash last night.
Overall no one was good. Couple players had a good period or two but no one was able to handle Vegas' forecheck

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
This game was a 60 min of being dominating..

I thought the Colorado game was similar. Also, on a long road trip in high altitude (using the excuses I have heard the media use since Friday), why is Chris Wideman only playing 11 minutes while Mad Max only plays 5 minutes? The team looked gassed all night long yet we have two seemingly well rested players stapled to the bench? I would much rather see McCormick play the minutes Pyatt does to be honest.

Also, I am not a huge fan of McCormick or Wideman's, just find it curious, that's all.

Reactions: Vprime

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
the pyatt thing is getting really strange

this is something dorion has to take care of though

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
the pyatt thing is getting really strange
I thought the Colorado game was similar. Also, on a long road trip in high altitude (using the excuses I have heard the media use since Friday), why is Chris Wideman only playing 11 minutes while Mad Max only plays 5 minutes? The team looked gassed all night long yet we have two seemingly well rested players stapled to the bench? I would much rather see McCormick play the minutes Pyatt does to be honest.

Also, I am not a huge fan of McCormick or Wideman's, just find it curious, that's all.
that's the thing, why build a team with two payers the coach clearly doesn't like and wont play. (argument from here is then why should dorion get rid of pyatt who the coach likes) but hteres a middle ground. this team is suppose to be revamped... yet we still havea guy on the team the coach wants to play for 5 minutes.

Reactions: Chezzz

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
TSN1200 must be in on the joke, Pyatt has been named "The Hardest Working Sen" the past 2 games. Rocking a 5% Corsi last night must have been what got him the win.
@swiftwin chooses the hardest working sen

the term "hardest working" has become ruined by the NHL. it simply means " struggled"

Reactions: Chezzz

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Andy stole a point, everyone else was pretty bad and the team was speedbagged the whole game, starting to string together the poor performances here, Arizona should be another tough match for this group.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We are getting dominated. We are in the games but we are under siege, and we aren't closing games well.

The biggest difference between Sens game 1-8 and the last few games is they cannot close games and manage the 3rd period. The early season Sens played great 3rd periods, that's not happening since atkachuk went down.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I saw a hook on Marchessault, not a penalty shot.

At no point did Stone get in the way of Marchessault shooting, Marchessault just gave up and let his stick go didnt even try to shoot. End result probably the same but that’s a bad call

rule reads "awarded when a team loses a clear scoring opportunity on a breakaway because of a foul committed by an opposing player."

It could have gone either way imo.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Mark Stone is 26, not 30. You give him a 6-year contract and if he's slowing down too much near the end you trade him. As of now he's a great player and is basically irreplaceable in this org.

Mark Stone will be 27 next may, just to be accurate on the issue ..... and would be 33 at the beginning of the final year of a 6 year extension ...... which he would probably turn down if offered, as he's expecting an 8 year extension from Ottawa (or the team he traded to prior to the deadline), and would easily receive a 7 year extension from any team signing him as an UFA.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
We didn't deserve that game, at all. Our defense is scary bad. Boro deserves 5 games, Andy stole a point and I don't blame Stone one bit for his play to end the game.

Turn the page, onto Arizona on Tuesday.

Boro will not be suspended for that check, last night.

If he does, it will markk the transition of the league from the Nation Hockey League, to the No Hitting League.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Mark Stone will be 27 next may, just to be accurate on the issue ..... and would be 33 at the beginning of the final year of a 6 year extension ...... which he would probably turn down if offered, as he's expecting an 8 year extension from Ottawa (or the team he traded to prior to the deadline), and would easily receive a 7 year extension from any team signing him as an UFA.
man they get old so fast lmao

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
we need more toughness this team is so soft when certain guys are out imo

Reactions: coladin

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
All this losing does help with the rebuild, if they aren't expected to make the playoffs by American Thanksgiving (AKA get trampled to death at a Walmart for a 32" TV) - then for sure trading Dzingel, Duchene and Stone (Amy e even Anderson, Ceci, Pyaat, Pjavari) just got a whole lot simpler. Play the kids.

I could see Stone come back and sign in the summer to be the Captain.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I'm still pissed about the hit what a joke of a game that was. Calling a penalty after the fact lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad