Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Vegas, Sunday 8:30pm

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Are you implying that Paul is more well rested than Rodewald? Because Paul played on Belleville's top line between Balcers and Batherson on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Rodewald played 2nd line on Wednesday and 3rd on Friday. I'd have to think Rodewald would be the more rested player.

And Paul is injured.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Centers,Logan Brown, Filip Chlapik, Nick Paul and Jim O’Brien are all out with injuries, thats why they called up Jack Rodewald Saturday

I liked Rodewald in his games last year. We need these callups to get goals and make big plays for us, not just fill holes. Looking for a a big road game from rodewald

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
My 2 cents..

They were going to go 11-7 regardless of the call up.

If they do that they need 3 Cs and they think White is the better option at C than a call up from Belleville (IE Paul). Rodewald is here in case a winger can't go. They've already called Paul up twice to sit him out going 11-7.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I liked Rodewald in his games last year. We need these callups to get goals and make big plays for us, not just fill holes. Looking for a a big road game from rodewald

Not sure he's going to play, if they go 11 and 7

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Stone comments on the UFA line.

“They’re both great players,” Stone said following Saturday’s practice at the T-Mobile Center. “I think we’re looking to find chemistry with somebody, so hopefully this can turn into a long-term thing.”

a long term thing? He knows Boucher is the coach right?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
As has already been mentioned Paul got hurt after Rodewald was called up.

Perhaps he was a game time decision. On the road not really in a position to call up a player who might be able to go. If Boucher said Paul is injured, I’d wager on there being some sort of injury.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Perhaps he was a game time decision. On the road not really in a position to call up a player who might be able to go. If Boucher said Paul is injured, I’d wager on there being some sort of injury.
I agree, not that it really matters since they will go 11 -7 .. Boucher said Paul was injured during the game the night before...Also if he is nicked (no pun) up a bit and can go at the AHL level and play through it, its a different situation if they need to rely on him.. a few factors .. I have no issue with what they are doing . Its too bad Chlapik isn't healthy but I think they'd go 11-7 and it doesn't seem like they's want to bring someone up to play ahead of anybody already here.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Guy Boucher losing his 3rd Line Center ‘it’s the end of the world to be honest’

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Completely unrelated but soooo... funny :)

Attachments

• 44522652_10156416189145280_5940992346593165312_n.jpg
    44522652_10156416189145280_5940992346593165312_n.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 27

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Those complaining about white being moved down we have no other centres to play on the 3rd line.

Give it a rest and perhaps think

Smith
Pageau
Brown
Chalpik
Paul

Are all injured. No other option

Is Paul injured? Haven't seen that

If he is healthy, no idea why they didn't bring him instead

Dzingel Duchene White
Ryan Tierney Stone
Formenton Paul Boedker
Paajarvi McCormick Pyatt

Chabot-DeMelo
Lajoie-Ceci
Wolanin-Jaros

Boro/Wideman

EDIT : OK I read the rest of the thread and it's confusing, is he injured or not? lol

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is Paul injured? Haven't seen that

If he is healthy, no idea why they didn't bring him instead

Dzingel Duchene White
Ryan Tierney Stone
Formenton Paul Boedker
McCormick Pyatt

Chabot-DeMelo
Lajoie-Ceci
Wolanin-Jaros
Boro/Wideman

You'd be sitting Paajarvi to play Paul. They aren't going to do that

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My 2 cents..

They were going to go 11-7 regardless of the call up.

If they do that they need 3 Cs and they think White is the better option at C than a call up from Belleville (IE Paul). Rodewald is here in case a winger can't go. They've already called Paul up twice to sit him out going 11-7.

This is an example of you can't trust what is said by NHL teams, how many times has GB said we bring up the player who is playing the best on the farm? Right now Batherson is playing the best but he doesn't bring him up but instead a veteran AHLer who he has had up before that he knows & trusts rather than the young guy who btw can also play centre, a position they are short on right now.

My guess is that Belleville may also be short of centres & Batherson could be needed to play centre there but this point of telling us they bring up the best players is not alwways true. IMO they will give the players who have been here a while an opportunity to see if they have any chance of making the NHL before they move on from them. IMO this season could be Rodewald's last NHL opportunity.

You'd be sitting Paajarvi to play Paul. They aren't going to do that

I'd do it in a heart beat if he was healthy but from what I understand Paul is injured, Paul is the better player IMO & Paajarvi is another player with so much promise in their draft yr who it turns out is a bust.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I hate my coworkers. Needed to trade today off or an earlier shift as I work until 7, but no joy.

Now I get to watch the game recorded tomorrow.

At least it saved me ~250+ dollars in tickets and $100 on beer.

Still though, this is the one time a year my 1A team plays my 1B team in my current city. I go all out.

There’s always next year I guess.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Guy Boucher losing his 3rd Line Center ‘it’s the end of the world to be honest’

To be fair he said that losing Pageau was devastating. Then they made Smith go C because of that and losing him is bad since there ain’t a lot of experienced centers on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad