Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the (other) Capitol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Nick Paul had a hat trick just last week.

Here is a quote from someone who follows the team in Belleville:

Colin White’s return to the team has him playing on the third line (for whatever reason); he is, at least, getting plenty of special teams time.

Meanwhile in Belleville:
Newly acquired goon Eric Selleck (with a Randell-like three goals all season) was put on the first line, although Kleinendorst pulled back on his TOI eventually.

So much for a refocus on development. I would much rather see Colin White play 15 minutes here and make mistakes in the NHL. Feels like the same garbage we heard about Chabot at the beginning of the season.

The moves with the BSens especially related to ice time and development have been strange for years now with seemingly no change in sight, I can't really remember even a generally competitive season after they won the Calder like 7-8 years ago? I assume some of it is related to the current owner but have they not been directed to play younger pieces instead of career AHL'ers, I think its less likely Eugene is involved in that type of decision.

I am excited for the Hamr of Justice's return for really no reason.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I assume some of it is related to the current owner but have they not been directed to play younger pieces instead of career AHL'ers, I think its less likely Eugene is involved in that type of decision.

Having the same management team in place for the past however many years is the problem. I actually truly believe this is one thing that we can't blame Euge for. Seems like an organizational mandate for them to win now and we know that all hockey coaches truly believe that the only way to win is by playing vets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad