Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the (other) Capitol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Solid outing save for the goalie position yet again. It's a tough call for our tenders because they probably deserve a chance next season to get the game back considering everything that has happened this year but can you risk that?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Acquiring selleck and then playing him with any player is hilarious. Randall? That’s our top line tonight I think lol
That's not true & you know it, they need guys down there to protect their assets & I think you know that too. Maybe Randell is hurt?

¿¿¿ What happened to Boro did he get hurt in that fight ???
Yes, took a few from Tom Wilson who is turning into a hell of a hockey player. Boro was suffering from concussion issues & this might just put him on the shelf for the remainder of the yr. We'll see if he comes back from this, can't keep a guy like that down for long.

The poster I was repling to was suggesting that they sit Boro for the remainder of the season, and with Bugerdorfer being the spare d man on the trip, and if Boro can't play, they'd need another D man for Friday in LV, to be the spare d man.

Was wondering who that would be

My guess would be Englund who used to be a prized prospect, not quite sure what has happened to him but they could also go with a guy who has been around for a while like Sieloff. I think Jaros is hurt so it likely won't be him unless he is back now. I would have thought Englund would be up here before Burgferdoer but what the hell do I know.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Lol "protect our assests"

Randy Lee is a schmuck who didn't have the skill to play the game and now employs no skill scrubs with "intangibles" because they remind him, of himself.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Yes, took a few from Tom Wilson who is turning into a hell of a hockey player. Boro was suffering from concussion issues & this might just put him on the shelf for the remainder of the yr. We'll see if he comes back from this, can't keep a guy like that down for long.

"Aragorn"::

Darn about Boro best they shut him down for the season, hope he makes it back, next yr........

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is

Randy Lee is a schmuck who didn't have the skill to play the game and now employs no skill scrubs with "intangibles" because they remind him, of himself.

"Lana Del Rey":

Randy Lee is just over matched as asst GM & the GM of an AHL team..... I thought this yr with a bigger budget Belleville would be a better team....... Sadly no very poor AHL team yet again......

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Look, I'm not coming to Randy Lee's defence here, I'm not a fan of like 90% of what he is responsible for in this organization, but this seems... like an oddly specific and baseless claim.

Can we all just agree that he's not good at his job without needing to resort to oddly specific character claims that we have literally no possible way of corroborating? Just say "he sucks" and move on.

Like most things on HFSens - I have no idea why some people feel the need to make up things in order to badmouth a guy in this organization (be it a player or exec) when there are a perfectly reasonable number of actual, verifiable, objectively bad things on their resume that should be more than enough to make a very convincing case against them.

Like, Randy Lee's body of work should in itself be enough to dislike the guy as a hockey exec. We don't need to resort to wild claims about his psyche.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Any chance Anderson retires?

I'd say there's very little chance that he walks away from nine million dollars of guaranteed money over the next two seasons. They would have to either buy him out, or put him on LTIR with a mystery ailment a la Hossa or Lupul...

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Look, I'm not coming to Randy Lee's defence here, I'm not a fan of like 90% of what he is responsible for in this organization, but this seems... like an oddly specific and baseless claim.

Can we all just agree that he's not good at his job without needing to resort to oddly specific character claims that we have literally no possible way of corroborating? Just say "he sucks" and move on.

Like most things on HFSens - I have no idea why some people feel the need to make up things in order to badmouth a guy in this organization (be it a player or exec) when there are a perfectly reasonable number of actual, verifiable, objectively bad things on their resume that should be more than enough to make a very convincing case against them.

Like, Randy Lee's body of work should in itself be enough to dislike the guy as a hockey exec. We don't need to resort to wild claims about his psyche.
Fair enough.

But you have to admit that there's a weirdly specific type of player that Randy Lee covets.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's not true & you know it, they need guys down there to protect their assets & I think you know that too. Maybe Randell is hurt?

My guess would be Englund who used to be a prized prospect, not quite sure what has happened to him but they could also go with a guy who has been around for a while like Sieloff. I think Jaros is hurt so it likely won't be him unless he is back now. I would have thought Englund would be up here before Burgferdoer but what the hell do I know.
man that's bs sorry. randy lee is so out of his element down there.., he sees hockey a certain, I think he THINKS hes old fashion but even old school guys would be like '???" stortini got TIME in bingo selleck will be getting the same.. if hes there to protect assets (lol) play him 20 seconds a game WHEN NEEDED

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I'd say there's very little chance that he walks away from nine million dollars of guaranteed money over the next two seasons. They would have to either buy him out, or put him on LTIR with a mystery ailment a la Hossa or Lupul...
Like what was the point of extending him when he still had this year left. Now we are stuck with him for 2 more years.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just another Erik Karlsson highlight. What placement on that shot

I'm sure the goalie heard that going by his head

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Dell AND Khudobin please

Agreed, I think those 2 are the 2 best who might be available via UFA. Raanta too is good. That's at least 3 good options on FA

Good job for the stats

When you mean hire a short term UFA goalie.. My guess is that you mean a better one then Condon? That would be the logic because after this year Condon have 2 years left like you suggest we should give to another UFA.

I agree we need better goaltending.

Thanks. lol I know it's ridiculous but that is exactly why I hated the Condon extension the second it was signed. He's the average back-up (maybe even below average) but the problem is that Anderson is not in his prime anymore so we need a goalie that can push Andy and get the bulk of starts to help the team win games. We are getting out of the Hammond's deal but now stuck with another overpaid back-up

Or Anderson's?? We need a better stop gap than Anderson/Condon. If we have better goaltending, a new coach and better bottom 6 personnel, this is a playoff team. Upgrading our bottom 6 is relatively easy just don't spend any money on guys like Burrows/Thompson.

Smith Pageau White
Pyatt Brown Formenton/McCormick

This bottom 6 is much better than what we having been throwing on the ice all season long.

Trade Cody Ceci for a #2 Center and we are back in business in no time.

Problem is Andy's contract is 2 times more expensive. But a team could still be interested as he has a solid track record and could bank on him rebounding. He has great pair of eyes (believe me your eyes is the most important asset for a goalie), and seems to be in pretty good shape (6'2, 187 lbs). If he can find back his confidence and play behind a more structured team defense (like the Sens in 2016-17), he could rebound nicely

But you're right, just with solid goaltending and a more adapted to the "new NHL" coaching and this team is right away much better. Another problem is playing everybody in the "right chair"

The forward line-up for next year looks like this for now :

Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan (the first 2 are close to elite and Ryan can produce when healthy)
Smith-Pageau-Stone (was a very good line 2 years ago, Stone can bring the best out of those 2)
Dzingel-White-Gaborik
Pyatt-Paul-Burrows
McCormick

- Brown, White, Chlapik and Batherson are all centers but pretty young. Will one of them be ready for a #2 C role? Brown has the ability but it's hard to say if he will be ready. Let's say he is ready to impress.

- I think Smith will be traded and replaced by younger/cheaper, while getting a decent asset or two.

- The top-5 pick that we should get should be a great young forward but will he make the team right away? Let's say they draft Zadina and he makes the team

- Burrows should be traded (with a bit of retention) or at least buried

- Gaborik might play next year and then retire or get bought out (it will be cheaper then). I think he can still contribute decently in the bottom-6 based on his high skill-level and hockey IQ alone. I find that he is a great passer too, and can help the 2nd PP.

- Let's say they also finally understand that with an up-tempo style, Nick Paul can be a very good 4th liner in the NHL.

Based on that :

Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan
Zadina-Pageau-Stone
Dzingel-Brown-White
Pyatt-Paul-Gaborik
McCormick

With Chlapik, Batherson, Formenton, Gagne, Perron, etc getting a bit closer to the NHL. That forward group could become very good in a hurry depending on how the young guys develop.

If I am trading Ceci, I am not trading him for a #2C (we just traded Brassard for futures, so that would be stupid). No, if I am trading Ceci, I include him in a package to get a very good LD (max 26 y/o). The package would look like Ceci + Claesson/Harpur + pick + forward prospect, the pieces depend on how good that D-man is. RD are harder to find so it might be possible that a team has many quality LDs but are lacking on RDs.

VerygoodLD-Karlsson
Chabot-Wideman
Borowiecki-Jaros
Claesson/Harpur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad