Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the (other) Capitol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
The Caps try to take on the new & improved Ottawa Senators Tuesday night, without (Brassard, Burrows, Oduya & Cole)

Tues. 7:00 pm on TSN

maxresdefault.jpg

Last game of the Month!

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What's the lineup going to look like tomorrow night?

Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Dzingel - White - Gaborik
Paajarvi - JOB - Pyatt/McCormick

Chabot - Karlsson
Harpur - Ceci
Boroweicki - Claesson/Burgdoerfer

Anderson - Condon

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
practice lines today had pageau with stone and ryan, Smith at centre, could be different tomorrow

Ryan-Pageau-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Paajarvi
Dzingel-Smith-Gaborik
McCormick-O'brien-Pyatt
Burrows

Claesson - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Borowiecki - Harpur

Re; White, Boucher said we can play him 20 minutes in Belleville with PP and PK time, or 10 mins here. Sounds like he's staying in Belleville for now.

Reactions: thesensguy

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
It's going to be a strange game to watch. What are we hoping for now? That they do more than go thru the motions? Tank nation will barely have anything to cheer for either. I mean sure we can get a few percentage points of better odds at a top pick this year, but its not like a 1 yr retool anymore either. At least more time for Chabot to play with Karlsson but Karlsson displaying a lot of bad habits too. Go Sens Go?

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
-JOB no White ,no Paul ...
-When you have to say 3 times in 6 minutes that you are excited about the future of your team...
-Smith over Pageau at 2C...

Were not out of the woods I see

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
-When you have to say 3 times in 6 minutes that you are excited about the future of your team...
-Smith over Pageau at 2C...

Were not out of the woods I see
I feel like there must be a reason White and Paul are being kept in Belleville. It could be that the management feels it might be a toxic situation down the stretch or even just not beneficial for Whitey to be kind of walking on tip toes even more as a new guy in the organisation.

White has looked like he can play in the NHL. But there might be other reasons as well for keeping him down there. Could be that he just needs more time to adjust his game fully to the NHL. What I mean is I want him as our 1st or 2nd line centre. So maybe getting him more time playing a better position against stronger more skilled men than he saw in the NCAA. It might be the right gradual slope to bring him into our #2 or 3 Centre spot to take over for Brassard even next year. (Is he playing centre in Belleville?)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Can't help but wonder what is going on with Paul. He's in the last year of his contract, and his starts aren't all that good.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's going to be a strange game to watch. What are we hoping for now? That they do more than go thru the motions? Tank nation will barely have anything to cheer for either. I mean sure we can get a few percentage points of better odds at a top pick this year, but its not like a 1 yr retool anymore either. At least more time for Chabot to play with Karlsson but Karlsson displaying a lot of bad habits too. Go Sens Go?
personally ... Good paced , exciting games, that we come close to winning

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Think I'll PVR this one and continue my binge of Altered Carbon. No reason to watch games of we aren't going to ice a fun youthful roster. Ryan on the top line makes me sick.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Always fun to see Ovechkin, will be interesting to see, as well, what the last few weeks of the season will bring this team.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

I love watching Duchene & Chabot.
Stone & Hoffman as well but they aren't shiny new toys.

Besides that... pretty bleak

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I was thinking i would be all in on the tank now, but perhaps what would be better is that EK finds his form, the team starts coming together, we make a real encouraging run for next year, get a draft pick outside the top 10 and give it to Colorado, or win the lottery and keep it, becoming a reasonably good developing team next year.

So Go Sens Go.

Reactions: Deku

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I feel like there must be a reason White and Paul are being kept in Belleville. It could be that the management feels it might be a toxic situation down the stretch or even just not beneficial for Whitey to be kind of walking on tip toes even more as a new guy in the organisation.

White has looked like he can play in the NHL. But there might be other reasons as well for keeping him down there. Could be that he just needs more time to adjust his game fully to the NHL. What I mean is I want him as our 1st or 2nd line centre. So maybe getting him more time playing a better position against stronger more skilled men than he saw in the NCAA. It might be the right gradual slope to bring him into our #2 or 3 Centre spot to take over for Brassard even next year. (Is he playing centre in Belleville?)

I believe the claim was to see significant more playing time and to develop, at last check though that wasn't the case (Hammond still starting, career AHLers getting top minutes)...perhaps those in Bellevegas can comment to it?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

So am I still the only one who wasn't overly impressed with White during his last stint with the big team?

He looked exactly as advertised - a player with a lot of pure skill but very little refinement in his game as a pro, and made a crap-ton of unforced errors. I'm still of the opinion that he's best served by playing 15+ mins of AHL hockey this year. I wish we could loan him to a playoff team somewhere. If we're talking about bringing a kid up, I'd call up Chlapik before calling White back up.

Also: I haven't seen Paul at all this year - literally at all - but aren't reports on him right now that he's regressed a ton, and not an NHL caliber player at the moment? I'm legit asking people who have watched Belleville games about this one.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So am I still the only one who wasn't overly impressed with White during his last stint with the big team?

He looked exactly as advertised - a player with a lot of pure skill but very little refinement in his game as a pro, and made a crap-ton of unforced errors. I'm still of the opinion that he's best served by playing 15+ mins of AHL hockey this year. I wish we could loan him to a playoff team somewhere. If we're talking about bringing a kid up, I'd call up Chlapik before calling White back up.

Also: I haven't seen Paul at all this year - literally at all - but aren't reports on him right now that he's regressed a ton, and not an NHL caliber player at the moment? I'm legit asking people who have watched Belleville games about this one.
I haven't been impressed with White at all, though I may have some pre-existing bias involved in that.

Is it strange that I'm looking forward to watching this game more than any other since October?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Nick Paul had a hat trick just last week.

I believe the claim was to see significant more playing time and to develop, at last check though that wasn't the case (Hammond still starting, career AHLers getting top minutes)...perhaps those in Bellevegas can comment to it?

Here is a quote from someone who follows the team in Belleville:

Colin White’s return to the team has him playing on the third line (for whatever reason); he is, at least, getting plenty of special teams time.

Meanwhile in Belleville:
Newly acquired goon Eric Selleck (with a Randell-like three goals all season) was put on the first line, although Kleinendorst pulled back on his TOI eventually.

So much for a refocus on development. I would much rather see Colin White play 15 minutes here and make mistakes in the NHL. Feels like the same garbage we heard about Chabot at the beginning of the season.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So he had a good game, cool, but how has his body of work over the season looked?

From what I gather, its a little too little too late when it comes to Nick Paul, seems like his season has been full of highs and lows. Mostly in-betweens. Still, IMO, why wouldn't the organization not want to give him one extra look for a string of 20 games?? I get rewarding guys, but JOB has no future here, why not give Nick Paul an opportunity to change the org's mind?

Reactions: Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad