Formenton - Norris - Batherson
Reinhardt - White - Ennis
Paul - Pinto - Watson
Kelly - Agozzino - Sokolov

Chabot - Zub
MDZ - Zaitzev
Mete - Holden

Murray ( all the game )

Would think this is not bad if Soks and Watson switched...was hoping to see Greig in tonight as well. Might as well let him start tormenting the Habs right away.

Reactions: Laminator

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Would think this is not bad if Soks and Watson switched...was hoping to see Greig in tonight as well. Might as well let him start tormenting the Habs right away.
Yeah agreed, also excited to Mete with Holden

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Line for today

Paul - Pinto - Watson

Chabot - Zub
MDZ - Zaitzev
Mete - Holden

Murray ( all the game )

Formenton White Ennis would look better.
I expect Paul Pinto Watson to be a pretty good line

Looking forward to seeing how Formenton does up with Norris and Batherson.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
How does one go to the games nowadays without driving? Bus from Centrum still a thing? I'm guessing shuttles aren't running from Lieutenants pump anymore.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
A few thoughts,

Looks like this is a game where they are trying some legit D pairings and goaltending.

Forwards are a crapshoot with White and Pinto looking to showcase for centre positions, Ennis is looking for a contract, and Kelly is looking for 4th line consideration.

Sokolov is as good as guaranteed to start as top RW in Belleville.

Formenton is getting a solid rep in an offensive role which is great to see.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
A few thoughts,

Looks like this is a game where they are trying some legit D pairings and goaltending.

Forwards are a crapshoot with White and Pinto looking to showcase for centre positions, Ennis is looking for a contract, and Kelly is looking for 4th line consideration.

Sokolov is as good as guaranteed to start as top RW in Belleville.

Formenton is getting a solid rep in an offensive role which is great to see.
With Sokolov all the talk from the Sens staff seemed to suggest that he would start in Belleville regardless of his performance in training camp. He could still earn some extended time with Ottawa before the regular season starts but it does seem like the organization's plan is to groom him further before giving him a roster spot in Ottawa.

That's a tough situation for him because his performance isn't really going to change the outcome but it could be best for him and the organization in the long run. He is pretty close to being NHL ready and could be ready for fulltime NHL duty after only a few months in the AHL.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
How does one go to the games nowadays without driving? Bus from Centrum still a thing? I'm guessing shuttles aren't running from Lieutenants pump anymore.

I've been on a few those, always a good time

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
With Sokolov all the talk from the Sens staff seemed to suggest that he would start in Belleville regardless of his performance in training camp. He could still earn some extended time with Ottawa before the regular season starts but it does seem like the organization's plan is to groom him further before giving him a roster spot in Ottawa.

That's a tough situation for him because his performance isn't really going to change the outcome but it could be best for him and the organization in the long run. He is pretty close to being NHL ready and could be ready for fulltime NHL duty after only a few months in the AHL.

I suspect that the assessment of him is quite detailed and based on where he was at the conclusion of last year. Presumably his skating improved and he got stronger. Mann probably assessed he needs to be better at A, B, C kind of thing and until they consistently see that at the AHL level, he's in the AHL.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I suspect that the assessment of him is quite detailed and based on where he was at the conclusion of last year. Presumably his skating improved and he got stronger. Mann probably assessed he needs to be better at A, B, C kind of thing and until they consistently see that at the AHL level, he's in the AHL.
A lot of it could be confidence. DJ Smith stresses that a lot. I think the organization wants to maximize the probability that he becomes a long term top six forward for the Sens. They want him to utilize his offensive creativity and play with the right kind of aggressiveness. He demonstrated an aspect of him game in the 2nd rookie tournament game that he hadn't fully displayed at the AHL level last year. In that 2nd rookie game he was playing a lot more like Tkachuk as he was yapping at the other team, jumping into scrums, roughing it up, agitating and scoring goals. He looked like a force out there and the kind of player that would be very difficult to play against.

In the AHL last year he was calmer and quieter on average. He would engage physically and jump into scrums but he wasn't really initiating them and he wasn't playing with that same kind of aggression and edge consistently. I think the organization sees that and sees an opportunity to really boost his confidence and help he become not only the kind of offensive player he is capable of becoming but also the kind of physical, agitating powerforward that he could become as well. If he gets to the NHL too quickly maybe he losses out on one or both of those things.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Line for today

Paul - Pinto - Watson

Chabot - Zub
MDZ - Zaitzev
Mete - Holden

Murray ( all the game )

Those are some weird-ass forward lines, aside from the 1st.

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa

i think the 400 series busses run on most major bus routes specifically for sens games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad