Post-Game Talk: SENS in Philly, Monday 7:00 pm

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
BonkTastic said:
I'm not going to keep trying to prove things with you. I'm just at the point where I'm going to continue to remind you that your reasoning is faulty and your analysis is bad. At some point you'll come around. Or not. I don't really care.

But yet, here you are...still.​

Oh, I'm grinding on MTG:Arena right now for the most part. I have that on my main monitor, and this conversation on the other. Control decks seem to be the meta right now, so there's lots of pauses in play while opponents are planning their turns. I'm on Izzet Phoenix right now, so the play is fairly linear once you get the hang of the deck.

I'm already at the computer, and you keep responding.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Maybe on a team that gives up many shots against it would be good to have a defenceman that helps with that or more defenceman that help in that area and can learn how to do that? Even if you just wanted to look at a basic stat like shots against, most of the shots against are not generated when who you think is on the ice. Their are actually other defenceman that are worse on this team at preventing shots against.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Maybe on a team that gives up many shots against it would be good to have a defenceman that helps with that or more defenceman that help in that area and can learn how to do that?

Most shots are obviously on the opposite side of the ice, and rarely in his corner when the puck gets into our zone because hes hitting them. Before the puck is in our zone, Boro is also one of the best on the team at preventing that,zone entires, resulting in less shots against again. Then add all the shots he blocks. Most of the shots against are due to other areas.

I'd love to see stats that back up the bolded.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I'd love to see stats that back up the bolded.
just look here, total shots against you'll see some of biggest problems right now for most teams.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...er=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=shotAttemptsAgainst

5 on 5 shot attempts against
some of them don't count, like doughty being stuck on a team of old players but let's get some d capable of preventing shots or shot attempts and maybe some depth on forward instead of worrying about boro this much.

If the biggest problem of a team is the volume of shots given up, how about you blame or fix the people responsible for actually giving up most of those shots attempted . Rather than being worried about the 5-6 defenceman all the time that's strength is actually playing defence and killing penalties.

tldr you're not going to fix your teams shots against by changing your teams 5-6 defenceman, the problem is likely in....other areas

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Ah, round 4 of the hardest hitting debate.

It's like Alex Jones arguing against Neil deGrasse Tyson that aliens are responsible for meteors entering the atmosphere, hysteria and self assurance included.

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Ah, round 4 of the hardest hitting debate.

It's like Alex Jones arguing against Neil deGrasse Tyson that aliens are responsible for meteors entering the atmosphere, hysteria and self assurance included.
It's too damn good. I need to see a main board poll.

"Is Mark Borowiecki any good?"

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
just look here, total shots against you'll see some of biggest problems right now for most teams.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...er=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=shotAttemptsAgainst

5 on 5 shot attempts against
some of them don't count, like doughty being stuck on a team of old players but let's get some d capable of preventing shots or shot attempts and maybe some depth on forward instead of worrying about boro this much.

If the biggest problem of a team is the volume of shots given up, how about you blame or fix the people responsible for actually giving up most of those shots attempted . Rather than being worried about the 5-6 defenceman all the time that's strength is actually playing defence and killing penalties.

tldr you're not going to fix your teams shots against by changing your teams 5-6 defenceman, the problem is likely in....other areas

You are changing the subject. I'm not interested in total shots against. Those numbers are skewed for players who play a lot of minutes. Although the guy at the top of your list is another major problem with this team. I'm looking for stats that you mentioned:

- Most shots are obviously on the opposite side of the ice
- Boro is also one of the best on the team at preventing that,zone entires resulting in less shots against
- Then add all the shots he blocks. Most of the shots against are due to other areas

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
You are changing the subject. I'm not interested in total shots against. Those numbers are skewed for players who play a lot of minutes. Although the guy at the top of your list is another major problem with this team. I'm looking for stats that you mentioned:

- Boro is also one of the best on the team at preventing that,zone entires resulting in less shots against
- Then add all the shots he blocks. Most of the shots against are due to other areas
they're also skewed to people that don't give off many shot attempts against, like 750ish for boro at 5 on 5 and 1400+ for Ceci, but let's fix shots attempts against by worrying about Boro? Lol. Dumb.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
they're also skewed to people that don't give off many shot attempts against, like 750ish for boro at 5 on 5 and 1400+ for Ceci, but let's fix shots attempts against by worrying about Boro? Lol. Dumb.

So are you going to provide the stats? I'm genuinely curious.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
On the top 10 teams in the league .. Boro is not playing at all

Same can be said for many of the players in the Sens lineup now. Boro is a marginal NHL player.
Calling him a 5-6 is very complimentary.

boro would probably be a below average ahler too. hes just not a skilled hockey player when the game is about skill.

hes just bad, incredible that he's managed to stay in the nhl so long. so i guess good for him.

the best way to describe boro is a defensive defenceman who sucks defensively. and what the f*** is the point of that?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

goal: fix shots attempts against by replacing the players that give up many shot attempts. No advanced stats you can discredit, just simple logic.

You already provided these as a distraction. I'm looking for stats for these:

Which you are professing Boro yields.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
You already provided these as a distraction. I'm looking for stats for these:

Which you are professing Boro yields.
Dyr4kUlWwAAWA61.jpg

750ish shots attempted against - 73 shots blocked = roughly 670 shots on net, subtract the shots that missed the net.

Crawford told media forwards avoid Boro, alot of our d have difficulty in their own end accomplishing nothing until andy covers the puck.

Forwards don't like being hit, we only have 2 defenceman that hit people and we're supposed to play better d by doing what, playing like Ceci? Please no.

Reactions: aragorn

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Oh, I'm grinding on MTG:Arena right now for the most part. I have that on my main monitor, and this conversation on the other. Control decks seem to be the meta right now, so there's lots of pauses in play while opponents are planning their turns. I'm on Izzet Phoenix right now, so the play is fairly linear once you get the hang of the deck.

Magic for life!!

Reactions: BonkTastic

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Dyr4kUlWwAAWA61.jpg

750ish shots attempted against - 73 shots blocked = roughly 670 shots on net, subtract the shots that missed the net.

Crawford told media forwards avoid Boro, alot of our d have difficulty in their own end accomplishing nothing until andy covers the puck.

Forwards don't like being hit, we only have 2 defenceman that hit people and we're supposed to play better d by doing what, playing like Ceci? Please no.

Firstly, can I get a link where you got that chart?

Secondly, not sure where you are going with your shot math. What are you trying to prove? So he's had about 670 shots against. That's not very good you know.

Thirdly, I never heard Crawford saying that. I heard Dorion saying that, which is pretty stupid thing to say. Can you please provide a link to the stats where it shows that forwards are avoiding Boro and most shots come from the other side of the ice? This is the third time I'm asking and you are avoiding providing info to back up your claim.

BTW, the whole thing about forwards would not like to go against players like Boro is a fallacy. Todd White himself has said many times on the radio that he preferred to go against big guys who couldn't skate (i.e. Boro) vs small guys who were good skaters (he mentioned Dan Boyle specifically).

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Good glue guy. Will keep the locker room together.

I mean we've had the GM tell us there was a lack of character in the dressing room and he was here. Don't think he keeps the locker room together more than any other player tbh.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

MTG:Arena? Oh - my.

Control decks? Counter with blue/black mill.

Have you ever ‘Glimpsed’ someone twice on the same turn with Circu, Dimir Lobotomist in play? Oh the memories... :naughty:

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
I mean we've had the GM tell us there was a lack of character in the dressing room and he was here. Don't think he keeps the locker room together more than any other player tbh.
Yeah, that is kinda the joke. The GM shipped out the ones causing the problems and lacking in character. All five of them. We kept the right guys...Ceci, Smith, Boro. Can't fault them for it though.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Control decks? Counter with blue/black mill.

Right now the flavor of the month is mono-blue control - the deck is utility one-drops with flying or evasion, and cheap counterspells.

U/B mill isn't quite there right now. Not enough support yet on Arena. No Glimpse the Unthinkable on Arena yet, haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad