All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
O.png
vs :flyers

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
It would be nice to kill the Flyers' spirit by beating them here.
I feel like we knock them out of a playoff spot every couple of years.

Stone scored twice and we beat the flyers the last game of the season to jump into the 7 spot. That was one time they helped us. 3-1 the score i think.

But then the next year the flyers were close right at the end of the year and we beat them stopping them from making the playoffs?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This game has some purpose for us depending on what people think is the best for the CBJ pick.

For those who think CBJ needs to make the playoffs so that Duchene will re-sign, us winning could be important. PHI is probably out of the playoffs, but they aren't for sure out. These points have a long shot at mattering for them.

It's the opposite for those who think Duchene won't sign no matter what, then they probably want us to lay down for PHI here and get them two points closer to CBJ.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I feel like we knock them out of a playoff spot every couple of years.

Stone scored twice and we beat the flyers the last game of the season to jump into the 7 spot. That was one time they helped us. 3-1 the score i think.

But then the next year the flyers were close right at the end of the year and we beat them stopping them from making the playoffs?

You're thinking of Boston. For 3 straight seasons we somehow ousted Boston from the playoffs.

2015: Hamburglar miracle run to take a playoff spot away from Boston
2016: Beat Bruins in last game of season where they could have clinched. philly won their game instead and knocked out boston.
2017: Beat Bruins in the first round.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
This game has some purpose for us depending on what people think is the best for the CBJ pick.

For those who think CBJ needs to make the playoffs so that Duchene will re-sign, us winning could be important. PHI is probably out of the playoffs, but they aren't for sure out. These points have a long shot at mattering for them.

It's the opposite for those who think Duchene won't sign no matter what, then they probably want us to lay down for PHI here and get them two points closer to CBJ.

the dream scenario for those picks is for the jackets to miss, win the lottery so the pick slides to next year, then duchene signs there anyway. they could be pretty bad in 2020 and 2021. could be two very high picks.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I thought we could have a slim hope of not finishing last and giving up Hughes to Colorado. However, I don't see that happening. I expect the Sens to win maybe 3 games tops from here until the end of the season and Colorado selecting Hughes first overall. Another black mark on GM Dorion and the Sens management.

What's even more sad is that Ottawa is trying to win hockey games and still can't win and NJ, LA and Detroit are tanking and we a still can't surpass them.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I thought we could have a slim hope of not finishing last and giving up Hughes to Colorado. However, I don't see that happening. I expect the Sens to win maybe 3 games tops from here until the end of the season and Colorado selecting Hughes first overall. Another black mark on GM Dorion and the Sens management.

What a joke.
Last place doesn’t equal first pick though

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

What's even more sad is that Ottawa is trying to win hockey games and still can't win and NJ, LA and Detroit are tanking and we a still can't surpass them.

Trading Mark Stone to Vegas won't be his proudest achievement as a GM for long then!

Reactions: Cheapseats

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
Trading Mark Stone to Vegas won't be his proudest achievement as a GM for long then!

Haha, he’s capable of saying some really dumb things to the media. He’s a PR liability as he just comes across as a used car selesman who’s been told which car to push ..

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Haha, he’s capable of saying some really dumb things to the media. He’s a PR liability as he just comes across as a used car selesman who’s been told which car to push ..

I will always remember this specific moment and quote about his time here, of course he has time to trump it but to me this is pound for pound his stupidest one liner whilst working for the Ottawa Senators.

Wish the Sens played this afternoon and the Bsens tonight so I would have some hockey to watch this evening!

Reactions: Cheapseats

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Apparently Chlapik might be called up, but it's not on any official transaction list I've seen so far.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I will always remember this specific moment and quote about his time here, of course he has time to trump it but to me this is pound for pound his stupidest one liner whilst working for the Ottawa Senators.

Wish the Sens played this afternoon and the Bsens tonight so I would have some hockey to watch this evening!

That was a slap in the face for all Sens fans.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
the dream scenario for those picks is for the jackets to miss, win the lottery so the pick slides to next year, then duchene signs there anyway. they could be pretty bad in 2020 and 2021. could be two very high picks.

That is the best case scenario, but it's also incredibly unlikely. So it's hard for me to cheer for them to miss this year expecting what you've described to play out.

To me, the best case scenario that is also somewhat realistic would be the Jackets making it in as the final wild card, they get beat out in round 1 or 2 in a competitive series against a top team, and along with the moves they make in the off season it's enough to convince Duchene to stay.

In that scenario, we get the 18th pick in 2019 (it'd be 15 if they missed) and we also get their unprotected 2020 pick.With the way the league is set up parity wise along with the lottery rules, their 2020 pick could have high upside regardless of who they retain and add in the off season.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I'm keen to see Wolanin & Ceci again... so pleasantly surprised by Ceci's recent play. Go Sens!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad