Pre-Game Talk: SENS in N.Y. Tuesday 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I voted and predicted 4-0 on that first thread in the main board and so far I'm on track.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Bruce Garrioch‏Verified account @SunGarrioch

Clarke MacArthur is making trip. May be ready Tuesday. Tom Pyatt also available. No Borowiecki. #Sens

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Wouldn't mind if we lost one of the next two...I have game 5 tickets.

? It won't be the end of the world but I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the majority of Sens fans when I say that everyone would be just perfectly fine not playing a game 5 at all

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Go Sens go!

We got dis.

Gotta win this one, and take a 3-0 stranglehold on the series (which, if I'm not mistaken, would be the first time we've ever done that in modern franchise history).

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If MacArthur is good to go, I saw keep the lineup the same. I like what Pyatt brings and have been an advocate of his all season but the way Wingels and Dzingle are playing right now would be a shame to take one of them out.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If MacArthur is good to go, I saw keep the lineup the same. I like what Pyatt brings and have been an advocate of his all season but the way Wingels and Dzingle are playing right now would be a shame to take one of them out.

So you are on board the El train (Wingels and Dzingel)
el-train.jpg

Its a tough call. But 3 wins in a row with the Els ...

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
The only full game i've gotten to watch was when i was at game 1 series 1.

I'll finally get to watch another full game Tuesday.

If we lose again I promise to just follow on twitter the rest of the playoffs.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
What I love about this team is how someone different steps up every game. Bobby, Pageau, Brassard, Phaneuf, Hoffman, Mac, even Dzingle with a big goal the other day. Everybody has been contributing to the teams success.

Good to have an extra day between games, Karlsson needs it and I'm sure other players were banged up last game. We managed to match NY's speed, offense, goaltending but not their physical game. We need to take advantage of Holden and Stall when they're on the ice, they've been horrible.

MSG could be intimidating for young players in their fist playoffs but this team has played two series against Mtl, one against Pittsburgh, one against Boston and a few
played in that 2012 series against NY. I don't think it's going to matter. I actually think they play better on the road (like most teams in this year's playoff), I thought our best games were on the road this season. Besides, MSG is bit like the Bell centre. They will turn on their team very quick if things does not go their way.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
What I love about this team is how someone different steps up every game. Bobby, Pageau, Brassard, Phaneuf, Hoffman, Mac, even Dzingle with a big goal the other day. Everybody has been contributing to the teams success.

Good to have an extra day between games, Karlsson needs it and I'm sure other players were banged up last game. We managed to match NY's speed, offense, goaltending but not their physical game. We need to take advantage of Holden and Stall when they're on the ice, they've been horrible.

MSG could be intimidating for young players in their fist playoffs but this team has played two series against Mtl, one against Pittsburgh, one against Boston and a few
played in that 2012 series against NY. I don't think it's going to matter. I actually think they play better on the road (like most teams in this year's playoff), I thought our best games were on the road this season. Besides, MSG is bit like the Bell centre. They will turn on their team very quick if things does not go their way.

Agreed with all of this. I think the extra day also helps with coming off the high of the incredible comeback win and getting the team back to square one from a psychological point of view. Really helps them focus on gutting out an important gritty road win. Sure you could also say it gives the Rangers one more day to psychologically recover from that blown opportunity but I actually kind of trust Boucher to use that extra day to better effect than Vigneault to be honest. We shall see though.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I agree. Right now our depth guys have stepped up big time. I thought Wingels was very good in all of the last 3 games with Smith and Dzingel. They've been generating a lot of momentum for us.

Same can be said about Stalberg. Always first on puck and making good defensive plays. His speed has been as asset in this round.

I thought Burrows was also relatively good in these games. He isn't as noticeable as I wished but he isn't a liability out there and he does a lot of those little things which is really all you can ask for from your bottom 6 at this point.

I think overall most of the team has been playing really well. Stone and Turris are the two guys I'd want more from but since Brassard and Ryan have been playing so well it takes some pressure off of them to be key contributors. If somehow Stone can come back to his usual play we'll be in pretty good shape.

Ceci is our biggest liability IMO.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Bruce Garrioch‏Verified account @SunGarrioch

Clarke MacArthur is making trip. May be ready Tuesday. Tom Pyatt also available. No Borowiecki. #Sens

So maybe Pyatt in for Mac? Id rather not end up down to 11 forwards right away if Mac is iffy Not sure if he can play the left side, but Smith can move over.

I think Boro has a serious knee injury and they are being cute about it. He's been 'close' for like a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad