Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Montreal, Saturday Night 7:00 pm on TSN

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Basically the season depends on when Karlsson gets back. If it takes him longer than 15 games then the season is pretty much over.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
You'll be even more shocked when the team doesn't suddenly look great because we switched Formenton with Brassard. This is very close to the final roster. Things that should be coming together aren't, and we have no semblance of defense. These are things that mean something, and we aren't seeing any improvement on any of them. Your argument is ridiculous.

I can't even reply to this level of nonsense. You will see in a week how none of these games mattered at all. The personnel and system we had won't just crumble like that

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
PK must be at about 50% for the preseason. Powerplay still looks like utter dogshit.

If this new standard for penalties persists into the regular season we are f***ed - that's my biggest takeaway.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They get pinned in a lot with them in the lineup too.. I do think we missed Ceci's defensive presence.
And Boro hitting & Neil would have taken somebody on by now. Sad to see the Sens just take it with no response, no push back, nothing.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I can't even reply to this level of nonsense. You will see in a week how none of these games mattered at all. The personnel and system we had won't just crumble like that

You seem like someone who's never been told he's wrong by his parents.

Look, I am convinced we won't look this bad in the regular season, but I am also seeing how bad we can be if we aren't on our game, and allowing 9 goals in any game is a very bad sign.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Because I've watched the Ottawa Senators for 25 years and none of their preseason performances had any revelance towards their regular season record.

Yet I remember in the 2000s when we didn't need to try at all in preseason and yet we still did. We were the best team in the league some of those seasons but you still saw how they made sure to be ready once game 1 started.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
9-2 & the Habs keep pouring it on trying to get to 10 & our team does nothing about them rubbing their faces in it. Pathetic performance & showed no heart, no passion & no guts & no class by Montreal. I guess this is the new NHL.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Because

Most

Players

Aren't

Even

Trying

Not hard to comprehend

Exactly. We already have too many injuries, we can't afford more. Even Boucher was talking about this in one of his pressers, saying how he's been trying to keep Turris out of the lineup as much as possible because if we lose him, we're toast.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, I believe Harpur and McCormick just punched their ticket to Belleville tonight. Harpur has so many great physical tools and good hands...but he desperately needs a sense of urgency and willingness to use that body of his.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad