Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Montreal, Saturday Night 7:00 pm on TSN

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Turris doesnt need to look like a #1C in pre season though either. He will probably be able to take advantage of all that speed on his wings though, could be fun to watch.

McCormick, Thompson, Burrows, Pyatt, should be a pretty reliable 4th line that can do pk minutes in there.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
IT seems like they're really pushing smith to be a top 6 player. I hope that doesn't foreshadow how they use him in the regular season.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
IT seems like they're really pushing smith to be a top 6 player. I hope that doesn't foreshadow how they use him in the regular season.

Smith has shown a scoring touch in the past, especially when filling in on the top 6. He's also one of the few guys on the team to go hard to the net and get garbage goals. I'd rather Smith be the one to put his body in harms way than see Stone go through more injuries.

It's not ideal, but you need to work with the players you have.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
hopefully dzingel can add some finish this season. It'll be a big boost offensively to the team.

He's a demon on the forecheck and he had 14 goals and 32 points despite all those missed opportunities...

He might be our biggest break out candidate. I don't see why 20 goals and 40 points would be unreasonable for him. Let's go Dzinger!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

If they keep going with Hoffman on Pageau's wing, where else do you put Smith?

It seems to me Boucher is continuing the trend, from all the way back in his Tbay days, to spread out the offense.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If they keep going with Hoffman on Pageau's wing, where else do you put Smith?

It seems to me Boucher is continuing the trend, from all the way back in his Tbay days, to spread out the offense.

If he spreads out the scorers, he may undermine the scoring. I prefer trying to find player who complement each other, both offensively and defensively. Pageau seemed to play very well with Stone, Smith, Ryan and Hoffman, so I would try 3 of those, rather than playing Pyatt on Pageau's line. I think this team needs to score more and the past focus on neutral zone defensive play without the puck certainly reduced the team scoring.

Thompson, Pyatt and Burrows looks like a decent 4th line that should not be a defensive liability but would definitely be a black hole offensively.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I really like the look of that first line listed in Formenton-Turris-Dzingel.
While that line is fast, I think they will have trouble sustaining any kind of pressure. Turris is better suited to play with a winger who can control the boards and who has creativity. For him to have success he needs one of Stone or Ryan.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
While that line is fast, I think they will have trouble sustaining any kind of pressure. Turris is better suited to play with a winger who can control the boards and who has creativity. For him to have success he needs one of Stone or Ryan.
Yup that's one weak ass line.

R We A Team

Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ottawa
Hey everyone!
I don't post often, but I am here a lot and have been for a number of years. An expert lurker one could say...

Think Formenton is going to surprise a lot of people, Watch and see... I believe he sticks and excels this year.

Now if they feel he is not ready then no problem send him back, but until then can we not just enjoy having him instead of worrying about "seasoning" GSG!!!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
As long as nobody gets hurt, I don't care about this game whatsoever. If the rookies look good, that's just gravy.

It's going to be a snooze-fest featuring two teams icing mostly veteran lineups full of guys who are going to do their best not to get hurt before the real games start, and a couple of depth guys battling it out for the few undecided spots on the roster. Both teams will start their regular season starter as a last-chance effort to shake the rust off, but we might see a few shaky goals because either guy might not be in full swing yet.

The last preseason game before the dawn of the regular season opener is always torture to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: