Pre-Game Talk: SENS in la belle Province (Ontario), Saturday night 7:00 pm

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Jaros will be sent down if they keep 13 and 7 which I think they should.

Belleville is going to be a good team. Jaros hasn’t tasted success yet in the AHL. Getting good minutes down there would be better for his development than 10-12 minutes on a gong show team. Maybe even sneak him into PP2 and see what he has offensively.

Harpur produced almost a half a point a game two years ago, and 11 points in 19 games last year before being called up.

He isn’t going to learn much more in the minors. Not that he’s a finished product, but if he can’t prove to be a #7 in the NHL - just cut ties with him.

Jaros still has a bit of untapped potential.

I think that's reasonable. I think Harpur actually looked good for his few games in 2016/2017 plus his performance in the play-offs. But he looked like the dogs breakfast last year. So I dunno, but I think it's fair to give him a chance to rebound

Reactions: derriko

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Do we keep Chlapik up in the top 9 and move Smith to the 4th line and move White to Belleville? Maybe not a bad way to solve it. I would not want Chlapik playing that 7 or so minutes on the 4th line. If they keep Smith around they should move him down the lineup or play him at wing on the 3rd line.

Tkachuk-Duchene-Dzingel
Ryan-Chlapik-Stone
Formenton-Tierney-Boedker
Paajarvi-Smith-Pyatt

White to pursue development in the AHL. Although he could play in the AHL, he isn’t really needed for now in the NHL.

1 rookie per line in the top-9

Trade Smith for more money savings when you can

No rush to trade Ryan. Only way to trade him is to get similar cap back, not the way Melnyk likes it. If it’s reslly about saving money, Eriksson has a declining salary, however the Canucks have no reason to do that as they are rebuilding as well

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wonder why Lajoie is out if they're deciding whether or not to keep him? Has he secured his spot in the top 7? Are they just trying to decide between Jaros and Harpur?
According to Boucher they have seen enough for now and they like what they've seen. Likely deciding on 7 or 8 D and what the pairings might look like.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Well the GM has used up a lot of oxygen talking about how they need to fix the room and change the culture around the team. Imo one of the biggest things since Boucher has taken over is the best players don't necessarily play. Seems like we're continuing that trend. I can see how that would cause problems in the room.

Not to worry, the players know the game being played. Its their job.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well the GM has used up a lot of oxygen talking about how they need to fix the room and change the culture around the team. Imo one of the biggest things since Boucher has taken over is the best players don't necessarily play. Seems like we're continuing that trend. I can see how that would cause problems in the room.

Boucher seems to tend towards the safe "don't lose it for you" type of player vs the go for it more risky type of player even though that type has more skill and offensive upside. I think a lot of the old school coaches are like that though.

Reactions: derriko

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think that's reasonable. I think Harpur actually looked good for his few games in 2016/2017 plus his performance in the play-offs. But he looked like the dogs breakfast last year. So I dunno, but I think it's fair to give him a chance to rebound
Pierre McGuire talked about him last week and he thinks his confidence was shattered by being brow beat for any mistake. That seems to be Crawford's style and I really do not think he is the right guy behind the bench for grooming and growing young players. Young players are going to make mistakes , especially defensemen when they cannot be sheltered with a seasoned pro with ability. Ottawa's D last year was pathetic for trying to bring along young players. You need to keep their confidence up ,, if they lose that you can ruin them.

Reactions: Swedish Mafia

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pretty much. Seems like Lajoie made the big club! Hopefully Harpur is sent down after tonight. Sadly I have a feeling Jaros will, but hopefully he has a good showing tonight to prevent that.

Cant run with Ceci Demelo Wideman on the right side, you just cant. Jaros has to play.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pierre McGuire talked about him last week and he thinks his confidence was shattered by being brow beat for any mistake. That seems to be Crawford's style and I really do not think he is the right guy behind the bench for grooming and growing young players. Young players are going to make mistakes , especially defensemen when they cannot be sheltered with a seasoned pro with ability. Ottawa's D last year was pathetic for trying to bring along young players. You need to keep their confidence up ,, if they lose that you can ruin them.

Crawford does not appear to know how to coach young players I agree. He is constantly losing his mind on them.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Leave Demelo alone! whaaaa!

Yes he was part of the deal for Karlsson. But seriously, what i’ve seen so far... he’s a serviceable stopgap bottom pairing guy who can kill penalties.

I don’t get all the hate. He hasn’t done anything egregiously bad (yet.)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yes he was part of the deal for Karlsson. But seriously, what i’ve seen so far... he’s a serviceable stopgap bottom pairing guy who can kill penalties.

That turnover to Marner was absolutely horrid. That was the second shift I watched him have as a sens fan. His first one was good though, but yeah giveaways like that cant happen.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I'm ok with him on the bottom pair, but that makes Wideman our 2nd pair dman which I'm not ok with. I haven't really seen much from him to make me like or hate him yet. so far, he's just there. I rather him playing ahead of Boro or Harpur on their off sides though, if I had to choose.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think that mentality is fine. Good players will flourish. I find players where the excuse is “oh it’s their confidence” never actually become any good. Maybe it’s not confidences. Maybe they’re just bad.

(Yeah I’m sure there are some here and there that became good”

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Basically icing our team, let's hope they come out to play.

Here's hoping neither team playing tonight finishes as everyone predicts. Will be a watchable season from us and keep the Habs from getting a franchise cornerstone.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad