Pre-Game Talk: SENS in la belle Province (Ontario), Saturday night 7:00 pm

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Do we keep Chlapik up in the top 9 and move Smith to the 4th line and move White to Belleville? Maybe not a bad way to solve it. I would not want Chlapik playing that 7 or so minutes on the 4th line. If they keep Smith around they should move him down the lineup or play him at wing on the 3rd line.
I would prefer this.

Hopefully, Formenton and Tkachuk get sent to junior after a few games though and that solves the 'problem'.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Why the worry, after one week these guys are going to be playing in Ottawa because injuries happen.
Well the GM has used up a lot of oxygen talking about how they need to fix the room and change the culture around the team. Imo one of the biggest things since Boucher has taken over is the best players don't necessarily play. Seems like we're continuing that trend. I can see how that would cause problems in the room.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well the GM has used up a lot of oxygen talking about how they need to fix the room and change the culture around the team. Imo one of the biggest things since Boucher has taken over is the best players don't necessarily play. Seems like we're continuing that trend. I can see how that would cause problems in the room.
You think thats a trend that syatted when boucher took over? Im sure i could find similar complaints under maclean and heck just about every coach in the league...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You think thats a trend that syatted when boucher took over? Im sure i could find similar complaints under maclean and heck just about every coach in the league...
You're right that every coach has their favourites but imo Boucher has the worst taste for his favourites in Smith, Boro and Pyatt etc. Guys who shouldn't have a spot in the NHL who will get big roles here. Just terrible to watch as a fan.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
You're right that every coach has their favourites but imo Boucher has the worst taste for his favourites in Smith, Boro and Pyatt etc. Guys who shouldn't have a spot in the NHL who will get big roles here. Just terrible to watch as a fan.

Agreed. If they're gonna lose every game, I preferred MacLean's run and gun style. Really allows players talent to show, which is the whole appeal as a spectator IMO

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I would prefer this.

Hopefully, Formenton and Tkachuk get sent to junior after a few games though and that solves the 'problem'.

This would be my preference as well, and Tkachuk is also eligible to be sent to Belleville as well.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Contract cost and player ability.

I can definitely see a team taking a shot with Harpur if given the chance. Not many teams have a player like him in their system. As much as some around here hate him, he has intriguing potential. At times he was dominate at the AHL level. He hasn’t yet looked comfortable at the NHL level, too soon to write him off imo.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I can definitely see a team taking a shot with Harpur if given the chance. Not many teams have a player him in their system. As much as some around here hate him, he has intriguing potential. At times he was dominate at the AHL level. He hasn’t yet looked comfortable at the NHL level, too soon to write him off imo.

I think he's 50-50 getting claimed. Better players have cleared in the past, but you can't teach size, so there's a chance. I do agree though that it's too early to wright him off.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I wonder why Lajoie is out if they're deciding whether or not to keep him? Has he secured his spot in the top 7? Are they just trying to decide between Jaros and Harpur?

I think it's likely that he has had enough of an audition and tonight they are assessing the rest of the D.

He played a ton of minutes against CHI.

Reactions: derriko

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I wonder why Lajoie is out if they're deciding whether or not to keep him? Has he secured his spot in the top 7? Are they just trying to decide between Jaros and Harpur?

Pretty much. Seems like Lajoie made the big club! Hopefully Harpur is sent down after tonight. Sadly I have a feeling Jaros will, but hopefully he has a good showing tonight to prevent that.

Reactions: Swedish Mafia

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Jaros will be sent down if they keep 13 and 7 which I think they should.

Belleville is going to be a good team. Jaros hasn’t tasted success yet in the AHL. Getting good minutes down there would be better for his development than 10-12 minutes on a gong show team. Maybe even sneak him into PP2 and see what he has offensively.

Harpur produced almost a half a point a game two years ago, and 11 points in 19 games last year before being called up.

He isn’t going to learn much more in the minors. Not that he’s a finished product, but if he can’t prove to be a #7 in the NHL - just cut ties with him.

Jaros still has a bit of untapped potential.

Reactions: gab6511

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad