Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Florida, Saturday Night 7:00 pm on City TV

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yandle was skating backwards & didn't see Pageau who was slowly coasting from the boards & sneaking in behind him, pretty much a text book pick play.

Interesting that while so many on here want Ceci traded this coach is playing him more than Karlsson, what is up with that? And if that is the case & Boucher decides which players he wants & which play or don't play, I doubt Ceci is going anywhere anytime soon. He seems to be to important to Boucher's system.

System or no system,, we don't have many D better than Ceci .. I am sad to say... 1 (EK).. and Ceci is better than EK as a shut down. Phaneuf can't skate, Claesson is not close, Chabot will be but he isn't yet, Oduya no, Boro no, Wideman no...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think Stone was entering the zone behind Pageau .. so it was a borderline pick /interference/trip

Pageau was barely moving from what I recall. The thing is, he's got a right to the ice, so Stone using him as a pick is fine, it's only if he skates into Yandle's lane where it becomes a problem, and even then, a strong case can be made that Pageau already had body position in Yandle's lane towards stone. Weak call, at least to my recollection, but at this point, it's long enough ago that my memory probably shouldn't be trusted.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Happy about this lose. Getting a high pick and playing the kids like Chlapik, White, Chabot, Jaros is the future and a serious injection this team needs.

Keep the Tank going, we aren’t the worst yet. Still a couple more teams to get below

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Pageau was barely moving from what I recall. The thing is, he's got a right to the ice, so Stone using him as a pick is fine, it's only if he skates into Yandle's lane where it becomes a problem, and even then, a strong case can be made that Pageau already had body position in Yandle's lane towards stone. Weak call, at least to my recollection, but at this point, it's long enough ago that my memory probably shouldn't be trusted.

Yeah, agreed. It was a weak call. But all game the calls were kind of weak. So it was par for the course.

The Paul/Chlapik/Dido line was our best line. Burrows was actually decent this game. Too bad it's far and between for the guy. Our offense is flaccid.

Reactions: Deku and Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Chlapik drove the play a couple times.. I think he deserved getting moved up the lineup for a couple shifts

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah, agreed. It was a weak call. But all game the calls were kind of weak. So it was par for the course.

The Paul/Chlapik/Dido line was our best line. Burrows was actually decent this game. Too bad it's far and between for the guy. Our offense is flaccid.

We need Brassard , Dzingel, Duchene, Stone to make some noise ... they are not good enough

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Actually I take that last post back. That was written after the first period, and all those guys ended up playing more than Pyatt. I should check time stamps more often. Oye vey!

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Actually I take that last post back. That was written after the first period, and all those guys ended up playing more than Pyatt. I should check time stamps more often. Oye vey!
I saw that and noted it after the first ... Paul and Chlapik both had more than Brassard and Paul also had more than Stone

Reactions: Icelevel

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Cant alter a FLO cycle
Dzone coverage is putrid
Ozone is a mess
Da system is imploding
Not a single thing to cheer about

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Just took a look. The replay from the back clearly shows Pageau putting the blade of his stick behind the Yandle's left skate as he's skating backwards right at the blue line. Stupid unnecessary play by Pageau.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I saw that and noted it after the first ... Paul and Chlapik both had more than Brassard and Paul also had more than Stone
It didn't last...

As far as Pyatt is concerned ... very few players bring the effort Pyatt brings shift in shift out ... I know he's not the most skilled but he gives it

Reactions: Cosmix

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Thanks simmer. Repeats, burrows is done can't keep up with the play, oduya should sit, would play chlapik a ton, didomenico is not an NHL player never will be, play harpur and chabot.
Aj and simmer best post game hosts.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It didn't last...

As far as Pyatt is concerned ... very few players bring the effort Pyatt brings shift in shift out ... I know he's not the most skilled but he gives it

I don’t think you can fault anyone’s effort most nights (some more then others) but there is no chemistry on the team and the offensive M.O. seems to be to get it to the front of the net and stuff the puck in.

They kiss Turris because he’s set up on the outside and get O time. They pushed tonight but I didn’t think they’d score, if EK doesn’t do it no one will. The players can’t gel. It’s an ugly offence

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's funny. McLean was all offense, with Benny Hill show inspired dzone coverage. Boucher tightened up our dzone play, but our offense has evaporated. It feels almost as bad as when Hartsburg was the coach.

We seem to flip flop between all out offense, and all out defense. Martin was all about the D first, and then counterattack, then Murray comes in preaching win through offense. A short stint with Paddock, and we flip the script with Hartsburg brought in to clean up our D game, but at the expense of any offense. Clouston takes over (he was probably our most well rounded coach, to bad he had no people skills). McLean comes in all out offense, then after a short stint of Cameron, we get Boucher in D only.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It's funny. McLean was all offense, with Benny Hill show inspired dzone coverage. Boucher tightened up our dzone play, but our offense has evaporated. It feels almost as bad as when Hartsburg was the coach.

We seem to flip flop between all out offense, and all out defense. Martin was all about the D first, and then counterattack, then Murray comes in preaching win through offense. A short stint with Paddock, and we flip the script with Hartsburg brought in to clean up our D game, but at the expense of any offense. Clouston takes over (he was probably our most well rounded coach, to bad he had no people skills). McLean comes in all out offense, then after a short stint of Cameron, we get Boucher in D only.

It's good that you used the past tense there, because that tightness also seems to have evaporated.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Cant alter a FLO cycle
Dzone coverage is putrid
Ozone is a mess
Da system is imploding
Not a single thing to cheer about

watching chlapik was a breath of fresh air.

who knew that its useful to have some skill in the bottom six as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad