Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Florida, Saturday Night 7:00 pm on City TV

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We haven’t played the same system as last year, so I’m not sure why people are comparing about this. I don’t think people actually understand systems and know what they’re watching. We are not playing a neutral zone 1-3-1 a lot anymore .

As for being worse than 2012. Not at all.
They've played the exact same system actually they just don't have the personel or commitment to execute. The only one that doesn't understand that is you. Get off your high horse. Lying to prove a point then talking down to people as to prove it is pathetic.

If this coach is any good at all he will change the system and ice time appropriately to play to the team's strengths. We've seen the exact opposite of this, stuborn with no change. Unless proven otherwise Boucher is a one trick pony.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
We haven’t played the same system as last year, so I’m not sure why people are comparing about this. I don’t think people actually understand systems and know what they’re watching. We are not playing a neutral zone 1-3-1 a lot anymore .

Well yes we're playing the same way, it's just that the defence and goaltendingis worse this year and other teams have improved. Boucher teams have a short shelf life for a reason.

And in what way are we better now than we were in 2012? I literally can't think of anything.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

What system are we playing then?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Well yes we're playing the same way, it's just that the defence and goaltendingis worse this year and other teams have improved. Boucher teams have a short shelf life for a reason.

And in what way are we better now than we were in 2012? I literally can't think of anything.
Much better prospects and better defence depth and stone Hoffman Duchene is a better trio than anything in 2012.

We are not playing a rigid defensive system like last year.

IMO this is very much a one off year and hopefully we get a top pick.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Much better prospects and better defence depth and stone Hoffman Duchene is a better trio than anything in 2012.

We are not playing a rigid defensive system like last year.

IMO this is very much a one off year and hopefully we get a top pick.
It won't be a one off of Boucher is still coach next year. Too much passengers on this team. Too much old vets who can't skate.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
How can the team go from a seemingly decent structure to barely any cohesion the next?

Do you honestly believe that Boucher is doing his best to maximize his roster to win every night? I dont
I do. Because the decisions are not that impactful. It’s all on the players this season . Boucher didn’t forget how to coach in three months. It’s the players fault and it’s management more than coaching

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I do. Because the decisions are not that impactful. It’s all on the players this season . Boucher didn’t forget how to coach in three months. It’s the players fault and it’s management more than coaching
It can't all be on the players. Players don't decide when they get on or off the ice for a shift.

Changing lines and putting players in positions to succeed is the minimum you can do without getting anyone fired. The absolute minimum.

I agree with your point that management clearly went in the wrong direction but that's also based on what the coach envisioned he wanted his team to be. It wouldn't make sense for a pro scout turned GM to get orgasms over getting over the hill veterans when we have solid prospects who can do a similar and better job for cheaper...

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It doesn’t. He’s had one nhl job. I don’t care what happened in minor leagues

I am not saying he’s off the hook. You give him next year To start and see where the team is at at the end of November
Why are the minor leagues not important? How do coaches get into the majors then? It's the same sport. Both times he got fired the team excelled right after.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why it might not work long-term. We're the only team still implementing this conservative system. The only way players want to play in it is if it works like 90% of the time.

With other teams, at least their offensive game can come in when they can't defend for shit. When we can't defend or the goalie can't make a save, we have to stay back and play passive because of the "system" and anyone who's young and has any offensive creativity is stapled to the bench for "character" guys.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

You call people out for not understanding systems and not knowing what they are watching.
Does it include yourself?

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
He used to train MMA as Pageau does
Not sure if he still practice it but it is good training
Bjj is about not panicking when pushed to the limit
Could be of use in that dressing room for sure

Honestly, I think yoga is a better fit...they need to zen the f*** out.

Reactions: Alex1234

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Ok

they don’t have one system. The sens have opened it up more offensively this year.

MjAxMi00ZjkwNWRiMmQwYjU3OWI4.png

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Why are the minor leagues not important? How do coaches get into the majors then? It's the same sport. Both times he got fired the team excelled right after.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why it might not work long-term. We're the only team still implementing this conservative system. The only way players want to play in it is if it works like 90% of the time.

With other teams, at least their offensive game can come in when they can't defend for ****. When we can't defend or the goalie can't make a save, we have to stay back and play passive because of the "system" and anyone who's young and has any offensive creativity is stapled to the bench for "character" guys.
That’s not true at all. Plenty of teams play the 1-3-1 like Nashville and Anaheim

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
It doesn’t. He’s had one nhl job. I don’t care what happened in minor leagues

I am not saying he’s off the hook. You give him next year To start and see where the team is at at the end of November
The Team is NOT going to wait until NEXT November at this pace. That's almost a full Calendar year away.

Give your head a shake boy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad