Low Effort GDT Sens in Columbus - 7PM - TSN5/RDS - Jean Jackets are back in style

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
You know what but I'll play along. We pretty much sealed not picking top 5 with this win tonight.

In every draft there are players that go 6-10 that end up being better than some of the top 5 picks. If the Sens don’t pick a good player it’s on them, not because the team won a few games to end the season.

Reactions: Emrasie and Deku

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I totally agree with you, you play to win hockey games, I hate that "we have to lose to get a higher draft pick bs"

That "BS" is actually true and it's how mediocre teams get better. We're still very thin on talent and this was probably our last shot at picking top-5 before we start being more competitive.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
That "BS" is actually true and it's how mediocre teams get better. We're still very thin on talent and this was probably our last shot at picking top-5 before we start being more competitive.
It would've been nice to have a top 5 pick sure, but I think after Wright, Cooley, and Slafkovsky the next group of players are kind of jumbled together? You can still get a pretty damn good player at 7th (which is where they will likely pick).

I also don't think we're "very" thin on talent at all.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
It would've been nice to have a top 5 pick sure, but I think after Wright, Cooley, and Slafkovsky the next group of players are kind of jumbled together? You can still get a pretty damn good player at 7th (which is where they will likely pick).

I also don't think we're "very" thin on talent at all.

True; also it's not like after 5-10 players there isn't any good players out there.
It's up to the scouts to pick out a gem every time they're up to draft, but considering this scouting staff drafted Tyler Boucher - I'll just hope for a lottery pick!

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Will really suck if we lose Gus while Murray spends 90% of his time on LTIR
You have to think Murray will be moved (or bought out, or maybe even retire) in the offseason. Even if he somehow returns to form, I doubt the Sens would want to rely on a goalie who gets injured so frequently if they're in the middle of a playoff race.

Reactions: Yak

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
You have to think Murray will be moved (or bought out, or maybe even retire) in the offseason. Even if he somehow returns to form, I doubt the Sens would want to rely on a goalie who gets injured so frequently if they're in the middle of a playoff race.

Bruce said he won’t be bought out and I agree with him on that. Sens will save far more money just keeping him with the amount he spends on LTIR so not really worth it. But it would be stupid to put Gus on waivers so I’m really not sure how this will unfold, if Gus has a good camp I suppose they can waive Murray again and send him to Belleville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad