Low Effort GDT Sens in Columbus - 7PM - TSN5/RDS - Jean Jackets are back in style

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I swear to God on my life, if we don't add this off-season and make playoffs next year. I am done with this team until they do.

What type of freaking performances are these after the fact. I remember games at the beginning of the year where it looked like the worst product we've ever iced. Not just skill, but effort.

Freaking ridiculous.

Gus played a good game, but was still way too floppy in his own crease. That game happens again and it isn't same result.

Zaitsev, MDZ were brutal defensively until Zaitsev turned to Chara last 3 minutes of the game.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Good game. This is the kind of game and win we would like to see in November.

Brady, Stutz & Gus were good.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I swear to God on my life, if we don't add this off-season and make playoffs next year. I am done with this team until they do.

What type of freaking performances are these after the fact. I remember games at the beginning of the year where it looked like the worst product we've ever iced. Not just skill, but effort.

Freaking ridiculous.

Gus played a good game, but was still way too floppy in his own crease. That game happens again and it isn't same result.

Zaitsev, MDZ were brutal defensively until Zaitsev turned to Chara last 3 minutes of the game.

Gus is not perfect but at his age and amount of games he has had we need to have realistic expectations.

This is not Matt Murray here, the mature rate of goaltenders can be very late.

I am not saying Gus is our number one but I Hope between Berg, Gus and Soggy one of them take us to the promise land.

Goalies tend to be late bloomers unless you find the rare gem early first found pick!

Goaltenders are always such a crap shoot!

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
I learned a long time ago not to have any expectation when it comes to the Sens, I'm just enjoying watching those young talented guys get better and better every season, and I don't worry one bit about when we'll make the playoffs, we'll get there eventually, as long as we are moving in the right direction and we need to keep resigning our core players, I'm good!

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004

Freaking ridiculous.

Early in the season, it was bad, but it wasn't lack of effort. That's just what AHL players look like when they have to play against fully stocked, healthy NHL rosters. Have we forgotten the memorable point when they only had 10 players left in Belleville because the rest of them were in Ottawa trying to fill in for the sick and wounded?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Freaking ridiculous.

You know my feelings on adding an impact forward. It's a must.

If not to support Stü on line 2, then to lipstick the pigs on defence.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I totally agree with you, you play to win hockey games, I hate that "we have to lose to get a higher draft pick bs"
sure but

we just went from expecting one of McTavish, Johnson, Eklund, Clarke, Guenther, etc to Tyler Boucher.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I learned a long time ago not to have any expectation when it comes to the Sens, I'm just enjoying watching those young talented guys get better and better every season, and I don't worry one bit about when we'll make the playoffs, we'll get there eventually, as long as we are moving in the right direction and we need to keep resigning our core players, I'm good!
OK Ice

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Aren't the rules that you can only move up 3 spots? So if we finish seventh and win, it would be the fourth spot for us no?
You can move up 10 spots, and the most you can drop now is 2 spots, if teams behind you win the lottery.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Sillinger looks like a player. 18 years old! Pretty impressive for where he was selected.

Great game, well done Hög.

Wish Stü was rewarded, looking great as is the new norm.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
We can not miss on building blocks. It does not matter how good Norris, Tkachuk and Batherson are. We need a star winger for Stutzle, which we can only get through a draft. We are just one player away not only making playoffs every year, but actually going thorough rounds. I have no faith in Sens management ability what so ever, to draft after a top five. The management and the scouting are worst of the worst in the league. That's why we have to draft top five and draft from the list of central scouting not to look as complete NHL village idiots. Like they always do.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I did not even notice White was out. Such an insipid player. Another fail by Sens scouting. Stutzle is basically the god. In the third period cycle he orchestrated, it lasted more than a minute, he was unstoppable against a very good skating team. It will be a new normal going forward for him. He is figuring this out in OZ. We need just a winger, who can play keep away at least 50% of Stutzle's ability, who is even more impressive in this skill set than Marner and we will have an another pizza line.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We just aren’t a bottom 5 team, that’s good news really.

Our kids have all taken another giant step forward.

We picked 10 last year, around the same this year but with a ton of adversity.

Next year we should be expecting to pick in the late teens if we track well again with our growth.

The days of top picks are over, have been over since Stu and Sandy really.

I think we’ll make noise with the following up front:

Brady- Norris-Bath
Formy-Stu-Giroux
Brown-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Watson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad