Post-Game Talk: SENS in Carolina, Wednesday night 7PM

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Love the 2D on the 2nd PP unit given what's going on up front. No point trying to shove a square peg in a round hole. Chych can play the shooter spot better than most forwards anyways.

• Love
Reactions: Alex1234 and DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
DJ Smith already on with his bullshit again with that line up decisions.

Should be:

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Tarasenko
Kubalik-Giroux-Batherson
Smejkel-Greig-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Chartier
If Giroux was going to play center it would have happened at some point already. At this stage, it's best to stop thinking of him as a center option, presumably he himself doesn't see it as an option otherwise surely he'd have pushed for it sometime last year or at least in preseason.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I just saw the lineup.

Crying real tears, lmaoooooo. How we go from hype to that bs.

Pinto 3rd line C to Chartier, you can't make this up.

He literally handing the decision to Staois isn't he.

Reactions: Bileur

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So this is what they call genius?

giphy.gif

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Kubalik-Chartier-Tarasenko line makes absolutely no sense. Nobody on that line can drive offence.
Two thirds of it makes sense. If you are going to be a scoring line atleast have scorers on it, Jarventie fits way way way better. Its half assing it, that line will suck at even strength. They arent a checking line, dont pretend to try and be one. Go out there and score thats what those guys are good at.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Two thirds of it makes sense. If you are going to be a scoring line atleast have scorers on it, Jarventie fits way way way better. Its half assing it, that line will suck at even strength. They arent a checking line, dont pretend to try and be one. Go out there and score thats what those guys are good at.
They can't afford to have Jarventie up by just switching Chartier out

I do not get how they came up with those lines. 11 forwards .. things will change

Dorion really screwed this up .. I am sure that is not lost on the players and some of the other interested parties.

Accountability

Reactions: Icelevel

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
If we can't ice 12+6+2 with MacEwen and Norris out, can they make an emergency call-up that doesn't count against the cap?

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Kelly and Chartier on the team instead of Smejkal and Jarventie is a head scratcher. Haven't looked into it too deeply, is it purely salary related?

I get it hockey gods, I'm a senators fan, I shouldn't have been so hyped to start the season. But Chartier centering Tarasenko? Cmonnnn

Reactions: bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Kelly and Chartier on the team instead of Smejkal and Jarventie is a head scratcher. Haven't looked into it too deeply, is it purely salary related?

I get it hockey gods, I'm a senators fan, I shouldn't have been so hyped to start the season. But Chartier centering Tarasenko? Cmonnnn
Well, the change wouldn't fit under the cap, so salary is probably part of the equation

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
EmbedBot to the rescue!

No idea what DJ is thinking with that 3rd line.

Kubalik, Tarasenko and Chartier are all goal scorers, first and foremost.

Swap Kubalik and Joseph so at least one of them will be able to play with some linemates who can get them the puck.

Also only having 11 forwards, with one of them being Parker Kelly, is embarrassing.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What's the penalty for not following the cap? Didn't some team lose a first

With all the talk of adding a 1st to Joseph to be cap compliant, couldn't we just sign Pinto and go over the cap and forfeit our 1st but be able to keep joseph?

If we're already losing a 1st, might aswell keep everyone.

*Ps, yes this is a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad