Post-Game Talk: SENS in Carolina, Wednesday night 7PM

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I wonder who will be playing and where for game one against Carolina? Anyone have a guess? Who will be our second and third line centres etc....

Reactions: bert

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I wonder who will be playing and where for game one against Carolina? Anyone have a guess? Who will be our second and third line centres etc....
I expect Greig to play 2nd line C and Chartier to play 3rd line C UNLESS Noris is cleared to play (very doubtful) and Pinto signs a contract for $1.7M or less and is ready to play (also doubtful).

Reactions: Senovision

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
- they should either try & trade Joseph for future considerations or waive him & then sign Pinto.
- I like this lineup against Carolina & until Pinto is ready to step in

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
Kubalik - Giroux - Tarasenko
Smejkal - Greig - Sokolov
Kelly - Kastelic - MacEwan

Reactions: OD99

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
- they should either try & trade Joseph for future considerations or waive him & then sign Pinto.

DJ won't break up his beloved first line, when he should because without Norris and Pinto, our center core is putrid.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Just use the same or similar lines to what got us two 3-0 wins in a row.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

I generally don't like breaking up good lines but this is OK.

I could also see them keep top line in tact and let Greig swim/drown as 2C with Bath on left and Tank on right.

Then Charter gets Kubalik on left with Joseph on RW.

Reactions: Cosmix

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think it's all but assured Giroux will be rw on the 2nd line. You need him to take faceoffs then shift back to rw. Likely Greig, I guess. Another opportunity of a lifetime like Pinto last year.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It is inexcusable to start the year without Pinto signed and Norris unable to play. PD has painted himself into a corner here.

The days when we had no money for any good players and now we have money but have mismanaged the cap so we can’t sing a key player

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Alex1234 and Cosmix

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
It is inexcusable to start the year without Pinto signed and Norris unable to play. PD has painted himself into a corner here.
Came here to post this…

I am almost angry, I am super excited for this season, there are no more excuses, if they dont perform you start firing people and moving guys, we’ve waited long enough, it’s time to perform.

Now season’s starting and 2 of our top 3 centers arent there….

Good luck, almost wanna sell my tickets instead of driving 4 hours. Overreacting I know but it just sucks..

Feel like it’s unacceptable when its your job to manage this stuff

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I dont know if there is a harder game haha. They are going to be very very ready to go and its their home opener. Whoever is in nets is going to get peppered. Who do you guys think they should start? Korpisalo or Forsberg? I assume they split the starts on the weekend.
Korpisalo should start. It's time to see where we're at. Having Chychrun, Sanderson, zub and chabot should at least give us a fighting chance.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I dont know if there is a harder game haha. They are going to be very very ready to go and its their home opener. Whoever is in nets is going to get peppered. Who do you guys think they should start? Korpisalo or Forsberg? I assume they split the starts on the weekend.
Tough start for the Sens with their C depth. Exhibition was one thing. The real test starts Wednesday.
Definitely starting off closer to a 1 line team than we should be.

Reactions: Alex1234 and Cosmix

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I am really starting to worry that the Sens are going to be off to another poor start and the reason will be Dorion's inability to manage the cap.

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad