Post-Game Talk: Sens in Buffalo, the Shawville Showdown, Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thoughts for both teams.
Sens.
Turris and Mac. Great second line centers that are in over their head.
Stone is really good
Hoffman iz best
Karlsson had a good game.
This is the type of guy lazar is. Was really not playing well. But you know what. We needed a goal and he got it for us.
Chiasson played well.
Legwand is playing reaaaallly well. Not surprising. Being freed of Neil can turn anyone good.

Michaleks best game in 3 years tonight.

sabres.
Myers gets way to much flack just cuz his contract. He's a really good hockey player
Ristolainen will be one of the best defenders in the NHL one day

I still like hodgson.
Ennis has nasty moves probably next to only Kane in the whole league.
Girgensons is so sick. And he's more than likely going to be their THIRD line center. tHIRD.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I'm in the mindset that whatever happens is win-win.

We suck? Nice pick in a deep draft.
We win? Playoffs!

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Chiasson was great today. Ryan playing with confidence lately. Time to take Turris off the shoot out (go with Hoffman or Stone, maybe?). And time to have Andy back between the pipes.

Two Buffalo goals that should have been disallowed, but I ain't even mad at this point.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hoffman will be a superstar.

He took over the entire OT it was just an unbelievable display.

Zibanejad also playing like a completely diff player. Same as last year. Ryan playing brilliantly.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Hoffman needs to learn to play defense

for a fast player he loses his man fairly easily

That last goal just can't happen at that point in the game

sensfan25

Dec 1, 2010
Vancouver
I want the sens to be bad enough for a top 3 pick but this team is not this bad. They are a middle of the pack team. Imagine Eichel or MacDavid, this team would be set for 10 years. I wouldn't be opposed to trading Anderson for a top 4 dman and riding Lehner for the rest of the season.

sensfan25

Dec 1, 2010
Vancouver
I agree McEichel would be best bet for this team for next decade++

Wouldn't mind Hanifin too, aside from that naw im good.

Outside of the top-3 there is a bit of a drop off. It would just suck to finish just outside of the playoffs and then draft in the 10-14 range. This team could be stuck in a bit of a limbo period if they cannot acquire another elite player some how and seeing as how top free agents are not usually keen on coming to Ottawa, the draft is the only way.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Missed the entire game tonight due to prior commitments. Had it already ready to go on PVR until one of my coworkers told me the score. :rant: Actually now that I think of it I'm glad he did cause basically I just watched the highlights and we were bad. That's enough for me folks! **** me, what happened???:(

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Lehner is nowhere near ready to be a starter with that rebound "control" of his

That's what I got out of this game outside of the fact that the team is pretty good and Buffalo is actually quite decent

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It's crazy to think that a decade after the shootout was implemented people still don't understand certain aspects of it

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
it makes more sense for the shootout goals to count, and therefore it is counted as GF and GA
and as Bonk said, it doesn't count for players

no wtf it doesn't make sense but NHL gonna NHL

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
I want the sens to be bad enough for a top 3 pick but this team is not this bad. They are a middle of the pack team. Imagine Eichel or MacDavid, this team would be set for 10 years. I wouldn't be opposed to trading Anderson for a top 4 dman and riding Lehner for the rest of the season.

I don't want my team to be "bad enough" for anything. Losing is for suckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad