GDT: SENS in Boston, 7:00 pm on SN

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How many games did you watch him play in junior?
None. But read a ton. Everything said “future second line-middle 6 center”

Let’s not pretend where most of us get our info on most of these prospects. He was never described as having elite skills or gamebrealing ability. So to expect some “confidence” to somehow give him those abilities now, here in the best league in the world, will not happen. He will get better. But not the extent to which some think or know.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Let’s not pretend where most of us get our info on most of these prospects. He was never described as having elite skills or gamebrealing ability. So to expect some “confidence” to somehow give him those abilities now, here in the best league in the world, will not happen. He will get better. But not the extent to which some think or know.
I was being snarky cuz he never played junior

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I was being snarky cuz he never played junior
He player usntdp which to me is junior lol.

And I said aaaaalllll these things in his first wjc as well where I did watch every single game. I mean he’s against his peers and he kinda just playing sound defensively. WHICH is TOTALLY cool when A. We didn’t take him with serious talent left on the draft board and B. He isn’t get comment on here like “the next Bergeron” (which actually happened do not say “show me proof” that hype was absolutely real around here) so my criticism isn’t to demonstrate that he’s bad. It’s to demonstrate that he’s not THAT good.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Is that what you got from what I posted. I said he needs to play with more confidence .. I did not say .. more confidence would turn him in to patty kane.
He needs to get stronger ... he was touted as a 200 ft guy.. but he excelled as a U17 international player, a U18 international player, 2 very respectable WJCs and had an excellent rookie year in BC.. so there is something there

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

And I said aaaaalllll these things in his first wjc as well where I did watch every single game. I mean he’s against his peers and he kinda just playing sound defensively. WHICH is TOTALLY cool when A. We didn’t take him with serious talent left on the draft board and B. He isn’t get comment on here like “the next Bergeron” (which actually happened do not say “show me proof” that hype was absolutely real around here) so my criticism isn’t to demonstrate that he’s bad. It’s to demonstrate that he’s not THAT good.

When those comparisons are done , they say stylistically, not talent.. all of them say that

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Is that what you got from what I posted. I said he needs to play with more confidence .. I did not say .. more confidence would turn him in to patty kane.
He needs to get stronger ... he was touted as a 200 ft guy.. but he excelled as a U17 international player, a U18 international player, 2 very respectable WJCs and had an excellent rookie year in BC.. so there is something there
Wasn’t at you specifically.

Excelled AS a 200ft guy. Which we all know translates to “offense wasn’t THAAAaT good but not a liability defensively”. There’s something there as middle sixer at the nhl level I’m not saying this guy is utter crap.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
When those comparisons are done , they say stylistically, not talent.. all of them say that
Lol one very specific post who I forget who said it was “sens wouldn’t waste a pick in the first round in the deepest first ever on a middle six player. Guy is a future 1st line two way center”. The hype as a first line center was there.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Excelled AS a 200ft guy. Which we all know translates to “offense wasn’t THAAAaT good but not a liability defensively”. There’s something there as middle sixer at the nhl level I’m not saying this guy is utter crap.

He actually fell in the draft due to Mono , which you already know...
as a U17 with the USNTDP his stats were
U.S. National Under-17 Team* (USHL)47333164
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
the next year (his mono year)
U.S. National Under-18 Team* (USHL)54233154
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
at BC rookie year
Boston College (HEA)37192443
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

so those are good numbers for a 200 foot kind of player

Reactions: IWantMyParade

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Yeah that's totally what this means :loony:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He actually fell in the draft due to Mono , which you already know...
as a U17 with the USNTDP his stats were
U.S. National Under-17 Team* (USHL)47333164
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
the next year (his mono year)
U.S. National Under-18 Team* (USHL)54233154
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
at BC rookie year
Boston College (HEA)37192443
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
so those are good numbers for a 200 foot kind of player
Mhhm and then when he was at the wjc. Wasn’t doing anything special offensively. Points maybe have been there he was playing with great players. But it was safe play always. And I think if you are already settling into the safe plays at that stage then the offensive may not be there at the next level. And I don’t think there’s much offense to be had wit him

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Look at that 2015 draft .. where Zacha and Crouse went... Some GMs missed worse than us.. We got one gem in Chabot and if White tops out as a good 3rd liner .. that's not bad.. but every draft you can see misses and later picks that turn into studs

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Wolanin could have done a lot more to get open than he did there. You could tell Ryan was waiting for him to make a move that never came.

He will learn. And he still got a very nice shot off in the end.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Wolanin playing like a boss tonight can he be a solution to the missing piece in the top 4?

Dahlin - Karlsson
Chabot - Wolanin
Claesson - Ceci

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Look at that 2015 draft .. where Zacha and Crouse went... Some GMs missed worse than us.. We got one gem in Chabot and if White tops out as a good 3rd liner .. that's not bad.. but every draft you can see misses and later picks that turn into studs
Okay you know me by now here I don’t care about other teams mistakes. I don’t care to hear about them. I don’t get about others peoples mistakes other than “okay good I won’t do that then”.

He will not be bad. But there’s this idea around player development that with a bit more time here a few more practices there the offense will come. And I don’t think that’s the case. Not in this league.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Mhhm and then when he was at the wjc. Wasn’t doing anything special offensively. Points maybe have been there he was playing with great players. But it was safe play always. And I think if you are already settling into the safe plays at that stage then the offensive may not be there at the next level. And I don’t think there’s much offense to be had wit him
I just don't think he's made the jump yet I think based on his past performance, his stats and most importantly , his role, he has not turned the corner yet .,. will he .. I don't know., I hope so.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I just don't think he's made the jump yet I think based on his past performance, his stats and most importantly , his role, he has not turned the corner yet .,. will he .. I don't know., I hope so.
Well yeah I hope so too. I also don’t like playing him on the wing. Lazar was never gonna be a star but if I had to pick one mistake we made with him it wasn’t the lack of ahl time it was flip flopping him around every position

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Bad call by the ref.
The Boston player actually skated into Boro. He didn't see what happened but it was Boro so he made the call.

Good thing Taylor isn't going all Hamburgler or Dorion would sign him to a 3 year one way deal tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad