GDT: Sens @ Hawks 2pm Nbc sports chicago 2/17/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

I would have no problem with this at all…

If he didn’t play Turdnordi as if he’s worth damn. The hypocrisy is infuriating.

What hypocrisy? It's holding a young player with potential to high expectations. Vs the other as not because they're a late 20s player he knew for years without a chance at more growth.

Do you think Tidnori and Korchinski have the same potential?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
What hypocrisy? It's holding a young player with potential to high expectations. Vs the other as not because they're a late 20s player he knew for years without a chance at more growth.

Do you think Tidnori and Korchinski have the same potential?
What a dumbass argument. Tinordi shouldn’t be playing at all he’s so bad. Phillips gets benched for a bad game, but never Tinordi. It’s not helpful to these kids to watch useless veterans never face any consequences. Why should they be held to a different standard?

You think hockey players don’t notice that shit? That’s human nature. I and I’m sure many others here have experienced it in life and it only leads to frustration.

Reactions: Pez68

F86puck

Feb 20, 2020
Don't understand Tinordi in the NHL either. He had his moment and congrats to him because he's not that talented, but his heart kept him in it. Respect for that. But it's time to go.

F86puck

Feb 20, 2020
Offsides review: eh, regardless of whether it helps us or hurts us, I don't like it. The linesmen are good enough to keep the meaning of offsides intact (stopping cherry pickers etc). Yes, occassionally they miss calls like today. But the price you pay with loss of flow and excitement is too great. Yes it was a quick review today but it still disrupted the flow significantly. No matter who scored be it Bedard or a 4th line winger, and no matter if it's against us or for us, we just don't need it.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
What’s with the outrage over Tinordi playing with Korchinski benched?

There are 5 players that matter on this team:
Bedard, Vlasic, Korchinski, Kurashev, and Reichel.

They should be treated differently and take a seat if they do something wrong. The rest are just NPCs.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Which is also why I don’t get the outrage about Bedard not playing in empty net situations. He doesn’t deserve to. Make him earn it with good defensive play. You don’t have much to withhold from him. That’s one thing that can bother him and spur progress.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68 and Idionym

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What a dumbass argument. Tinordi shouldn’t be playing at all he’s so bad. Phillips gets benched for a bad game, but never Tinordi. It’s not helpful to these kids to watch useless veterans never face any consequences. Why should they be held to a different standard?

You think hockey players don’t notice that shit? That’s human nature. I and I’m sure many others here have experienced it in life and it only leads to frustration.
do you think they shouldn't be tanking? The coach had openly acknowledged the point of his hire and still this season isn't to win.

Some people have justified high expectations. Others sometimes you don't. (We know they're not looking for actual nhl wins)

You talk about what players and people notice. They also aren't naive to know in all walks of life throughout history, very often people with more of a future or potential are pushed harder & put to more rigor.

You act like they'll be hurt for being pushed. All their lives these guys have probably been pushed or had more expected of them than their teammates. It happens to students, employees, or athletes all the time. If you think being partially benched to sit and watch is somehow bad learning, then that you can at least have some valid points on. I want every bad player still on this team. That's the best way forward still.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
If we were benching guys for games at a time in the name of winning then sure, but a game or two or a period or two here or there is fine. Development>results right now, this is obviously to everyone and so benching a superior player for a worse player if it helps their development is fine. It's not like KK or any other young players haven't had a ton of opportunities this season.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Just watched the game on PVR and then read some of the more recent posts. Blackhawks fans here have become a bunch of cynics and it seems many want the country club to be reinstated.

Forget the arm chair coaching and managing .... no one cares.

oh and btw... HAWKS WIN!

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

They should be treated differently and take a seat if they do something wrong. The rest are just NPCs.

Having double standards is the worst possible mistake a coach can make. It's how you lose player trust, it's how you have players tune you out, and it's how you ultimately get your ass fired.

Reactions: MTU34

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Having double standards is the worst possible mistake a coach can make. It's how you lose player trust, it's how you have players tune you out, and it's how you ultimately get your ass fired.
You hold rookies/young players to different standards than vets. It's not a difficult distinction to make.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
You hold rookies/young players to different standards than vets. It's not a difficult distinction to make.

You hold everyone accountable. That's how accountability works.

"That guy plays more because he consistently sucks, has always sucked, and that's what we expect from him." is a hell of a message to give a young player.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
That’s an asinine way of thinking. A coach having different standards for different players is a cardinal sin. I’ve played for guys like that. As Pez said, it’s the easiest way to completely lose a room

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
lol. All players are treated differently at this level. Dont bring your assumptions about how coaching should be done into this. Kane was coached differently than Bryan Bickell. Hjalmarsson differently than Roszival.

And if you were benching guys fairly on the Hawks this year there’d be no one left.

Reactions: Idionym

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
lol. All players are treated differently at this level. Dont bring your assumptions about how coaching should be done into this. Kane was coached differently than Bryan Bickell. Hjalmarsson differently than Roszival.

And if you were benching guys fairly on the Hawks this year there’d be no one left.

Superstars are the exception to the rule, and everyone knows it. That's not what's being discussed here.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
So superstars can be coached differently but not high potential rookies. All because we don’t want to lose the locker room full of Anderson’s and Tinordi’s. Loud and…clear?

Not to mention the fact that all these guys aren’t idiots. They know they are lucky to be in the league and they definitely know what this season is about. The kids the kids the kids. Listen to Foligno and Dickinson.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
You hold everyone accountable. That's how accountability works.

"That guy plays more because he consistently sucks, has always sucked, and that's what we expect from him." is a hell of a message to give a young player.
That’s an asinine way of thinking. A coach having different standards for different players is a cardinal sin. I’ve played for guys like that. As Pez said, it’s the easiest way to completely lose a room
How to lose a room 101.
Ya guys I'm sure Leo Carlsson is seething because he was sat for a few games here and there over a worse player.

If fans understand that you develop young players with different tactics than veterans, I’m sure players also understand this. The idea that KK, a 19 year old, doesn’t understand that he’s still learning and developing, which sometimes means you get benched, is absurd. You guys must think his mental is as fragile as a single ply sheet of toilet paper if you think this is an issue for him.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Ya guys I'm sure Leo Carlsson is seething because he was sat for a few games here and there over a worse player.

If fans understand that you develop young players with different tactics than veterans, I’m sure players also understand this. The idea that KK, a 19 year old, doesn’t understand that he’s still learning and developing, which sometimes means you get benched, is absurd. You guys must think his mental is as fragile as a single ply sheet of toilet paper if you think this is an issue for him.

Wtf are you even talking about? Lol

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

Exactly right. There is upside to those players and therefore they should be coached to develop them and maximize their potential. All the rest of the players are either bad or place holders or both and are used to fill out a lineup required to play games - they don't need to be "developed".

Reactions: Idionym
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad