GDT: Sens @ Hawks 2pm Nbc sports chicago 2/17/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So superstars can be coached differently but not high potential rookies. All because we don’t want to lose the locker room full of Anderson’s and Tinordi’s. Loud and…clear?

Not to mention the fact that all these guys aren’t idiots. They know they are lucky to be in the league and they definitely know what this season is about. The kids the kids the kids. Listen to Foligno and Dickinson.
Have you ever been in a locker room in a team sport in your life? Lol. Because you seem to have zero grasp on how any of this works.

Sitting better players for making mistakes that older, shittier players make, is not a recipe for success. You aren't "teaching those players a lesson" or "developing" them. Because 99% of all hockey players once they hit a certain level, know what they did wrong. You're punishing them. Young players don't need to be punished for making mistakes. They need to be cultivated and allowed to PLAY THROUGH THEM.

Reactions: Giovi

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Forget development and age. With a roster this incredibly short on NHL caliber talent it’s an utter abomination for any of Bedard/Reichel/KK/Vlasic to not be in the lineup on a nightly basis barring injury. These guys should always be playing, you live with the mistakes it’s not like the wins/losses matter anyways.

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Forget development and age. With a roster this incredibly short on NHL caliber talent it’s an utter abomination for any of Bedard/Reichel/KK/Vlasic to not be in the lineup on a nightly basis barring injury. These guys should always be playing, you live with the mistakes it’s not like the wins/losses matter anyways.
Bingo...

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Have you ever been in a locker room in a team sport in your life? Lol. Because you seem to have zero grasp on how any of this works.

Sitting better players for making mistakes that older, shittier players make, is not a recipe for success. You aren't "teaching those players a lesson" or "developing" them. Because 99% of all hockey players once they hit a certain level, know what they did wrong. You're punishing them. Young players don't need to be punished for making mistakes. They need to be cultivated and allowed to PLAY THROUGH THEM.
Yea. I mean not that it means anything but since your brought it up I am literally a Texas football coach for my job and played hockey at U of I.

Players learn from sitting next to you. PT is the language players speak. And yes it is very effective to sit a player down next to you and play their dog of a backup because it clicks how bad their actions are hurting the team.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Tinordi, Entwistle, Reese Johnson.. all of these guys have been scratched plenty. All this hooting and hollering about "double standards" but the only ones advocating for double standards are the ones that think the young guys should never be benched or scratched. Yet somehow the team is going to come rally to Lukas Reichel's defense and stage a coup on Richardson over it. Give me a break.

Reactions: Idionym

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
in the pros especially players don’t expect to be treated equally but they do expect to be treated fairly. It’s a famous quote by some coach down the line. My HS kids get that, kevin Korchinski surely does.

In the classroom we say “don’t worry about when your coach or teacher yells at you, worry when they stop”.

Tinordi vs. Korchinski right there.

Reactions: Idionym

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
It's not an exact science with young players.

Sometimes young players need to sit. Hopefully for the young player it is 1 step back, 2 steps forward.

I'm fine with Reichel sitting for a game or two. His play is too inconsistent at the moment. He needs to bring it every night not just every 5th game. This is all too common with young players and probably their biggest weakness.

You also don't want Reichel to think that his bad play is acceptable. If he plays like a marshmallow for 5 games and nothing is done he will think that it is ok. He won't be in the league for very long with that attitude and the Hawks want him on a scoring line for the next 10 years. So some tough love is in order with the hope that Reichel gets the message.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Reichel… he might just be soft, unfortunately. But Richardson is reaching deep in the trick bag for sure.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yea. I mean not that it means anything but since your brought it up I am literally a Texas football coach for my job and played hockey at U of I.

Players learn from sitting next to you. PT is the language players speak. And yes it is very effective to sit a player down next to you and play their dog of a backup because it clicks how bad their actions are hurting the team.

You mean how badly your actions are hurting the team? You must be a big fan of Torts.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Reichel… he might just be soft, unfortunately. But Richardson is reaching deep in the trick bag for sure.
How about get the kid some real linemates? Perhaps he’ll never be a line driver, but trade him now and he’ll go somewhere else with actual hockey players, look good, and everyone will cry.

Which of Raddysh, Tyler Johnson, Entwistle, and Donato do you think helps Reichel develop? You’re attaching boat anchors to him and telling him to swim. They’ve all been horrendous this year.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
How about get the kid some real linemates? Perhaps he’ll never be a line driver, but trade him now and he’ll go somewhere else with actual hockey players, look good, and everyone will cry.

Which of Raddysh, Tyler Johnson, Entwistle, and Donato do you think helps Reichel develop? You’re attaching boat anchors to him and telling him to swim. They’ve all been horrendous this year.
Reichel has been the biggest boat anchor of them all... every line he gets put on becomes the worst line on the team overnight

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail. All Richardson understands is grinding. He's just not equipped to coach skill players. Reichel has regressed under his coaching, and that should be a huge red flag. Turning skill guys into dump and chase players is f***ing idiotic, but that's what happens when you're benching players for ..*checks notes* ...having a shot blocked.

Reactions: BHawks77 and Giovi

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Reichel has been the biggest boat anchor of them all... every line he gets put on becomes the worst line on the team overnight
Sorry about your glaucoma, but the worst line is whichever one has Entwistle on it.

And I know you’re not paying attention because Reichel is still trying to play with skill, but then one of the above mentioned grenades the puck into the zone, loses the board battle, and the puck goes the other way. The problem is these guys can’t win the board battles, and Reichel wants to play a different way, with skill and possess the puck.

And he’s being punished for it. Luke is trying to coach any semblance of skill out of him.

Reactions: Giovi and Pez68

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Sorry about your glaucoma, but the worst line is whichever one has Entwistle on it.

And I know you’re not paying attention because Reichel is still trying to play with skill, but then one of the above mentioned grenades the puck into the zone, loses the board battle, and the puck goes the other way. The problem is these guys can’t win the board battles, and Reichel wants to play a different way, with skill and possess the puck.

And he’s being punished for it. Luke is trying to coach any semblance of skill out of him.
lol I've probably been to about 20 games this year.. the play dies and goes the other way just about every time the puck touches Reichel's stick. There's no "possess the puck". Kid scores like a guy who is 18th in even strength points per 60 on the worst team in the League and grinds (or doesn't) like a guy tied for the worst +/- in the NHL. Reichel is awful, he's got nobody to blame but himself for being awful. Hopefully he can start being less awful. If his next 50 games (end of this season, start of next season) are the same as the last 50 games (this season to date), he'll be hitting the waiver wire and you can believe that... and nobody will claim him.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020

He clicked with Donato for he first few weeks

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Oh please!

So many great coaches on this board. I feel privileged to be in their presence.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Not really, he's tried this "trick" before where he benches him for no real reason. I'll be shocked if when he draws back into the lineup he's not on the 3rd or 4th line.
He played him at C for a long time. Probably a Reichel and agent request because it was very random.
Then he played him up the lineup at wing. Then he dropped but stayed on the PP.
Then he lost PP.
Then he got sat.
Then he came back in 4th line.
Then he got sat.
Then he tried to put him 3rd line.
Then he got sat.
Now he’s in Rockford.

Without knowing exactly I bet he had about 20 games on a scoring line and did nothing.

Richardson has been in his bag trying to get him goin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad