GDT: Sens @ Habs | 2PM | CBC, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
ideally we would play: Markov, Subban, Diaz, Gorges, Emelin, Bouillon

out of that top 6, the only ones who could be considered "soft" are Markov and Diaz..

Still lacking size an any real ability to protect themselves, much less the team. But I don't hate that group.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Bouillon-Subban (Subby soup)?

How about Cube+Subban=Cubban, the Cubban Cigars!

Sorry, I'm still half asleep.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Well I don't know if "the best player" is the right word. He's the most consistently good player we've iced, he's been exactly what the team has needed year after year, he's made players around him better, but I don't know if best is the right word.

I'm not a big fan of Kovalev but in 07-08 he was on fire, everything he did was great, he had an all-star season.

Anyway, I'm very happy for Markov. He's playing so well and this shortened season is perfect for him. He's a really hard worker and at 34 he's managed to come back as good as he was 3 or 4 years ago. I hope he winds up his career in MTL.

Markov has had multiple all-star seasons, and even though Kovalev was fantastic that season.. Markov was equally as fantastic at his position.

TheWhiteIdea

Mar 24, 2011
DirtyJerz
ideally we would play: Markov, Subban, Diaz, Gorges, Emelin, Bouillon

out of that top 6, the only ones who could be considered "soft" are Markov and Diaz..

Markov and Diaz...soft...nothing wrong it, u just can't have all players like it. U need some counter-balance.

Subban can not protect himself and he has a target on his back due to his perceived rep and antics.

Emelin can check with the best, but he can not protect anyone, neither can George's. Frankie is willing but simply undersized. He'll try but he can not fight very well.

The D has no one 'tough and willing to drop them them' or put fear in anyone.

We have Prust. Awesome. We have Moen, but he only drops them when absolutely backed into it. Armstrong, again, is worthless.

You need a White in the line up to help Prust. He can't take on everyone by himself. You will wear him out quick.

void

Jan 5, 2006
So if Pacioretty plays, I would assume Kaberle sits? And Eller demoted to the 4th line?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Markov and Diaz...soft...nothing wrong it, u just can't have all players like it. U need some counter-balance.

Subban can not protect himself and he has a target on his back due to his perceived rep and antics.

Emelin can check with the best, but he can not protect anyone, neither can George's. Frankie is willing but simply undersized. He'll try but he can not fight very well.

The D has no one 'tough and willing to drop them them' or put fear in anyone.

We have Prust. Awesome. We have Moen, but he only drops them when absolutely backed into it. Armstrong, again, is worthless.

You need a White in the line up to help Prust. He can't take on everyone by himself. You will wear him out quick.

Just when you think you have seen them all. :laugh:

I don't get the issue people have with our D. We will be replacing our softest D (I hope its Kaberle anyway) with one of our toughest and we were never physically dominated in any way so far this season anyway. We usually outhit teams by a decent margin and we have done fine in our fights. There is zero need to fight the no-talent goons in the league so I don't know why people are worried about them.

Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
The biggest obstacle is Anderson, a hot goalie is a ***** to handle. Price and the defence will have to be flawless because Habs won`t be scoring much.

EDIT: Above, nice jinx job.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Kaberle not on during the warmup. So no matter what happens with Pacio. Kaberle is a healthy scratch.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Lines I want to see against Ottawa today.

Patches DD Cole
Bourque Plex Gio
Eller Chukie Gally
Moen White Prust
Armstrong

Markov Emelin
PK Gorges
Bou Diaz

Looks like a scary line up. Good mix of size, speed and talent on all lines and defensive responsibility with a little sandpaper. Amazing how much more depth we got from signing Prust and Armstrong, bring up Gally and drafting Chuckie. 4 players that have added so much to this team.

If we could get a legit #1 big centre man to our current lineup, I think we could be a serious contender right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad