Post-Game Talk: SENS get Wild, Sat. 1:00pm

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
So, Balcers will become Latvian NHL player No. 22, the last rookie was Kenins back in 2014-15 and it's been yeah...
He'll be 3rd Senator after Sergei Zholtok and Kaspars Daugavins.
Zholtok played in 1996-97 and season after that and in total of 135 games played he scored 22+29 and in 18 playoff games 1+3.
Daugavins played 85 games in 3 seasons and scored 6+8 and 0 in 1 playoff game.

Balcers will become 8th youngest rookie among Latvian NHL players and Daugavins was 1 month and 2 days younger than him.

Since this game will be at 8pm in Latvia a lot of people will watch this one, so cheers.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd rather 11+7 if it means Stone and Duchene see more ice time. Only two decent players on the team, need them playing more than usual to give us a chance. Also, our D is a hot pile of garbage. I couldn't pick six of those losers to play a full game either.

I don't like it at all. IMO it screws the lines up. It screws the D pairs up.. it's more helter skelter and does nobody any good. The roster may not be strong, there are a lot of players trying to come up to the level of play needed, and are still figuring things out, the lines get scrambled, the tendencies of your line mates are not a given; Some of the D go out on the right side one shift and the left side the other.

I feel like 11-7 is Guy Boucher's way of protesting so many young guys being forced into the lineup

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
11 + 7 is in no way beneficial for any of our forwards. Nobody likes jumping line to line. It's frustrating as anything as a player.

If you want Stone and Duchene to get more time, sit the 4th line and play Stone's entire line more.

Sorry, but if you ask any NHL player, they want more ice time, and don't care about "jumping for line to line", as they end up playing with other players all game, because of PPs and PKs and line changes.

It works out to three of the top six forwards, playing maybe one extra shift per period, to cover the ice time the forward that's being sat, would have played.

iu

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Sorry, but if you ask any NHL player, they want more ice time, and don't care about "jumping for line to line", as they end up playing with other players all game, because of PPs and PKs and line changes.

It works out to three of the top six forwards, playing maybe one extra shift per period, to cover the ice time the forward that's being sat, would have played.

iu
Yea it's been working great so far...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

iu
Spoken like one who has no experience in it. If you ask any NHL player they would rather have their set line. Count how many different combinations we have today.

But yes, this 11 + 7 experiment has worked wonders for all involved.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Spoken like one who has no experience in it. If you ask any NHL player they would rather have their set line. Count how many different combinations we have today.

But yes Count, this 11 + 7 experiment has worked wonders for all involved.
Most former nhl defenders have said they hated it,due to the lack of regular playing time ...And judging by how bad we are at maintaining play in the O zone,having the normal amount at forward seems like the better option

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yea it's been working great so far...

Have you or anyone worked out the difference in the records, playing 7/11 vs 6/12?

I'd suggest to you, that it probably does not make any difference, as their record reflects the first year of a rebuild plus the reality that the Senators are top three in the NHL in man games lost due to injury, being a bad team by virtue of their 30th place finish last season, and the subtraction of a number of talented NHLers in the off season, .

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

But yes, this 11 + 7 experiment has worked wonders for all involved.

Yeah, I did not play in the NHL, so I go by what I hear and read in player interviews.

What do you use as a source, or did you play in the NHL?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah, I did not play in the NHL, so I go by what I hear and read in player interviews.

What do you use as a source, or did you play in the NHL?

No, never played in the NHL, though that wasn't the point I was trying to make whatsoever.

Pretty much anyone who has ever played that knows jumping around like that is frustrating.

Nobody likes having uneven lines, nobody. There is a reason it is not common in the NHL, it's a gimmick.

If you need to play your stars like Stone or Duchene more, do that. Just don't do it by having 2 spare forwards without a set line, that is nnoying as anything for all players involved, again, anyone who has experienced it AT ANY LEVEL in case you misunderstand again.

There' a reason it's said that the lines are messed up as soon as someone is kicked out of the game.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Wonder if uh, Craig Anderson will play tomorrow already? Now that he's back at practise and all. Hoping for the best for the old man.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We’re goibg 11-7 again lmao? My goodness Boucher just can’t be hit over the head enough

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It would help if someone actually asked him about the lineup decisions. Instead of questions like “guy you’re up against the wild tonight do you think they will be a challenge?”
An AHL team would be a challenge lol

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
So, Balcers will become Latvian NHL player No. 22, the last rookie was Kenins back in 2014-15 and it's been yeah...
He'll be 3rd Senator after Sergei Zholtok and Kaspars Daugavins.
Zholtok played in 1996-97 and season after that and in total of 135 games played he scored 22+29 and in 18 playoff games 1+3.
Daugavins played 85 games in 3 seasons and scored 6+8 and 0 in 1 playoff game.

Balcers will become 8th youngest rookie among Latvian NHL players and Daugavins was 1 month and 2 days younger than him.

Since this game will be at 8pm in Latvia a lot of people will watch this one, so cheers.
One of my son’s favourite players was Daugavins. His team got to play at CTC and meet a roster player. The kids on his team were hoping for Spezza or Alfie and my son was hoping for Kaspars Daugavins. Lol
Daugavins came out to meet the kids and they weren’t sure who he was but my son was super excited.
I asked him why he liked Daugavins because he wasn’t a star and didn’t have many points. My son said that Daugavins worked his butt off every shift, did everything the coach asked and tried his best every time he stepped on the ice. My son said “he’s just like me”.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
One of my son’s favourite players was Daugavins. His team got to play at CTC and meet a roster player. The kids on his team were hoping for Spezza or Alfie and my son was hoping for Kaspars Daugavins. Lol
Daugavins came out to meet the kids and they weren’t sure who he was but my son was super excited.
I asked him why he liked Daugavins because he wasn’t a star and didn’t have many points. My son said that Daugavins worked his butt off every shift, did everything the coach asked and tried his best every time he stepped on the ice. My son said “he’s just like me”.
Hahaha nice

His shoutout attempts were fun to watch too

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Is it possible that Boucher is trying to get himself fired?

I mean, he's done everything except use Alfie's retired jersey to wipe tomato sauce off his face.
LazyBronzeCrow-max-1mb.gif

Meanwhile Melnyk be like "Off to Barbados!!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad