Post-Game Talk: SENS get Wild, Sat. 1:00pm

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Someone needs to explain to me how Harpur, who was the worst dman on the ice today, was the 3rd most played D. And while we needed offense in the 3rd, he continued to get shifts until the very end.

This is with Boucher deciding to go with 7D no less.

Makes zero sense.
Next Ceci??Overplaying a situational defender

Reactions: shortE1080

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Trying hard all the way to the bottom!

Come on, this isn't just a goaltending issue.

Of course it's more then goaltending, but I recognize the effort from the players.

The team is bad and I expected it to be bad, like bottom 5 so I'm not surprised at all. I don't like it, but people saying it's all because of the coach are just wrong, the Sens have been poorly run, poorly assembled and the organizational culture is obviously in rough shape.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Getting Nilsson was a completely useless move, and I suspect he won't get more than a couple of starts once Andy is back. He also makes pretty good money so for a team that's so cash-strapped, I don't see the point of acquiring him. We could have let McKenna warm the bench and at least bring some enthusiasm to the team.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Of course it's more then goaltending, but I recognize the effort from the players.

The team is bad and I expected it to be bad, like bottom 5 so I'm not surprised at all. I don't like it, but people saying it's all because of the coach are just wrong, the Sens have been poorly run, poorly assembled and the organizational culture is obviously in rough shape.

I don't think anyone is saying it's just because of the coach.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Getting Nilsson was a completely useless move, and I suspect he won't get more than a couple of starts once Andy is back. He also makes pretty good money so for a team that's so cash-strapped, I don't see the point of acquiring him. We could have let McKenna warm the bench and at least bring some enthusiasm to the team.

Meh, I don't mind the move. I trust more Nilsson than McKenna, which isn't saying much though. Hogberg should get the majority of the starts until Andy is back. Well at least that's what a good organization/coach would do at least.

Reactions: Icelevel

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Why are Smith and Tierney getting more icetime than White? Tierney can't even win a faceoff to save his life.

I seriously hope Pageau's return means less Tierney, and more White with Stone. Not the other way around.

Reactions: Icelevel

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Meh, I don't mind the move. I trust more Nilsson than McKenna, which isn't saying much though. Hogberg should get the majority of the starts until Andy is back. Well at least that's what a good organization/coach would do at least.

Sure I also think Nilsson is somewhat better in net than McKenna, but at this point with Andy not that far from coming back and Hogberg doing well, there was very little benefit in getting a super mediocre backup. It's not like any slight improvement will get this team into the playoffs.

Seems to me like Dorion is just making moves to say he made moves instead of focusing on actually improving the team going forward.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I was replying to a post about firing the coach

Wanting the coach fired doesn't mean we think he's the only reason we suck. He shouldn't be coaching in the NHL, and certainly not a team full of rookies. He's slowly reverting back to his old ways and playing his favorites over more worthy kids. It's time for him to go.

I mean it won't happen, but he should have been fired last summer.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005

What I don't get is: who cares if Nilsson is a bit better than McKenna? He's a UFA after the season, and whatever additional points Nillson contributes that McKenna wouldn't have are absolutely worthless to the team.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Wanting the coach fired doesn't mean we think he's the only reason we suck. He shouldn't be coaching in the NHL, and certainly not a team full of rookies. He's slowly reverting back to his old ways and playing his favorites over more worthy kids. It's time for him to go.

I mean it won't happen, but he should have been fired last summer.
This is actively becoming a bad place for young players to develop. The longer they're exposed to Boucher's regressive ways, their creativity is sapped away and their enthusiasm is crushed. It's such a pattern here for kids to start strong and get worse and worse. I feel like Lajoie is going to be a particular victim of Boucher.

Its very important to show Boucher the door before he does an damage that can't be undone.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The problem here is that Condon is not playing & when he does he is terrible & he has another yr left on his over paid contract which is probably impossible to move. I could see them buying him out during the summer since they won't be able to trade him & keeping Nilsson to be the backup next yr while Hogberg & Gustavsson continue to develop in Belleville.

On the other hand, the cheaper way to go which the owner probably favours is that they move Nilsson at the deadline, get something for him & finish the yr with Hogberg as the backup to Anderson & keep Condon in Belleville. Next season they have Daccord coming to play in Belleville or Brampton & Condon could play in Belleville until there is an injury in goal in Ottawa. Even if they waive Condon I doubt anyone would pick him up.

There are so many problems with this team that never seem to get resolved. The goaltending is bad, the coaching is terrible, the vets needed to help the younger guys are terrible, the GM is bad, the owner is worse & the players they keep bringing in never seem to be able to stick & play well consistently for long stretches. How is it that Nick Paul wins the fastest player & hardest shot on Friday & is scratched for the next game? Have you no room in your lineup for big fast players with a hard heavy shot in your lineup that is last in the league? I get that they are evaluating players but at some point you have to get rid of the players that have no future here & replace them with players who do.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Why are Smith and Tierney getting more icetime than White? Tierney can't even win a faceoff to save his life.

I seriously hope Pageau's return means less Tierney, and more White with Stone. Not the other way around.

Because they are our two main PKers.

White had more EV and PP time than either of those two.

C'mon man... it's not hard to figure this shit out.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
White should be killing penalties too imo. His skill set is way more suited for it than those 2.

The PK was flawless tonight. Not only that, but they generated a ton of momentum, and even led to the first goal as Duchene jumped out of the box from a beauty pass from Smith.

It'll only get better when Pageau comes back.

Like I posted earlier in the tread, since Smith came back from injury (Nov 13), our PK has been great, running at 82.9%, tied for 9th in the NHL.

Don't fix what ain't broke.

Reactions: aragorn

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

C'mon man... it's not hard to figure this **** out.
Well tierney and smith were playing at the end of the game. For what reason no one knows.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

C'mon man... it's not hard to figure this **** out.

White's icetime has gone down steadily in the last two-three weeks. Has nothing to do with the PK. Smith especially should not be getting the icetime he's getting regardless.

But good on you for once again being a little reductive *****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad