Post-Game Talk: SENS get Wild, Sat. 1:00pm

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Smith is a pretty good penalty killer.
Only his faceoff taking makes him valuable on the PK imo, which is fine and justified him being there but I prefer having 2 forwards who have a quick first step and good lateral movement so you can be more active. It's why I'd like to see White groomed for that role and why Pageau is easily our penalty killer.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Trying hard all the way to the bottom!

Come on, this isn't just a goaltending issue.
Today was goaltending lol. What did they beat us in? Nothing except goals. It was a completely even game one goalie outplayed the other. And by the third our forwards were exhausted because Boucher is an idiot

Reactions: aragorn

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Today was goaltending lol. What did they beat us in? Nothing except goals. It was a completely even game one goalie outplayed the other. And by the third our forwards were exhausted because Boucher is an idiot

We had a great first period and two mediocre ones after that. I agree we might win with Andy in net but the effort wasn't there for a full 60 minutes, and that's been the main issue.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Only his faceoff taking makes him valuable on the PK imo, which is fine and justified him being there but I prefer having 2 forwards who have a quick first step and good lateral movement so you can be more active. It's why I'd like to see White groomed for that role and why Pageau is easily our penalty killer.
Despite not scoring on the pk Smith generates quite a bit of scoring chances.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We had a great first period and two mediocre ones after that. I agree we might win with Andy in net but the effort wasn't there for a full 60 minutes, and that's been the main issue.
I don’t think it’s effort. These guys want to play hard

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
No show for me
Went Bobby style
Was it as bad as the 6 previous?

Boucher’s lack of post game comments about his goalie summed it up. When asked about his impression of Nilsson he said something like:

‘First game, new teamates, would of liked to of had the 3rd one back, Hogberg starts tomorrow’

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Boucher’s lack of post game comments about his goalie summed it up. When asked about his impression of Nilsson he said something like:

‘First game, new teamates, would of liked to of had the 3rd one back, Hogberg starts tomorrow’

What else do you want him to say? That pretty much sums it up.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

It's pretty difficult in today's NHL where the league wants parity to dominate for 60 minutes. Momentum is going to change. We had a totally dominant 1st and overall the stats say scoring chances were 28 to 15 at 5 on 5 for us.

Moreso than most games i thought we got screwed by the refs. The Duchene call was weak, far weaker than the non call on Ryan and 5 seconds later it's in our net. That right there was the difference.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Why are Smith and Tierney getting more icetime than White? Tierney can't even win a faceoff to save his life.

I seriously hope Pageau's return means less Tierney, and more White with Stone. Not the other way around.

Tierney is 51.5% in the faceoff circle thus far. White is 47.4%

Reactions: Smeddy and aragorn

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Was a surprisingly fun 1st, fans around us were all having a good time. But the the Wild seemed to turn it on and score what was needed. Still seemed a pretty good effort watching from the nosebleeds. First time i think i was at a Bring your dog to the game promo. They showed a few of them on the screen sitting in a nice box, its a dogs life i guess. Thought one of the dogs would get the fan of the game but they gave it to a guy holding up a leafs suck sign. Now that was good thinking on his part. Got a great cheer from everyone there for that, good to see the anti-leaf passion is still there.

Reactions: Alex1234

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Maybe two games in a row might be rough for someone who hasn't played since last year? Better to ease him in.
He also could have been integrated today and possibly help break the 6 game losing streak and bring the team some hope. Then, be given the day off tomorrow.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
7 game losing streak. Last in the league with no 1st round pick.

Just f***ing awful.

I know i might be the only one, but a part of me sort of wishes we just gave Colorado the 4th overall pick last year and i like Brady Tkachuk. Yes, i do know this is hindsight.

Last edited:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Nilsson was pretty meh today alright. He never looked really comfortable, and plays really small for a big guy. I was underwhelmed. When you are struggling like the Sens are, you need your goalie to step up and bail you out, and that didn't happen.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011

Just ****ing awful.

I know i might be the only one, but a part of me sort of wishes we just gave Colorado the 4th overall pick last year and i like Brady Tkachuk. Yes, i do know this is hindsight.
Or just lottery protect the 1st, it’s not like Colorado didn’t get enough out of the trade

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
We did. I don't think any GM would accept a trade for a forever lottery protected first lol. I still don't understand how it was a first and not a second in the first place though.

because Dorion caved. Just before the deal went down, there were rumours it was dead. Then an interested party (Dorion) came back and revived it. I'm assuming Dorion caved to Sakic's demands. Something he himself has trouble doing.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No, never played in the NHL, though that wasn't the point I was trying to make whatsoever.

Pretty much anyone who has ever played that knows jumping around like that is frustrating.

Nobody likes having uneven lines, nobody. There is a reason it is not common in the NHL, it's a gimmick.

If you need to play your stars like Stone or Duchene more, do that. Just don't do it by having 2 spare forwards without a set line, that is nnoying as anything for all players involved, again, anyone who has experienced it AT ANY LEVEL in case you misunderstand again.

There' a reason it's said that the lines are messed up as soon as someone is kicked out of the game.

I've been playing hockey, since the 60's, and never had an issue about playing with different line-mates, ever. Play a lot of pick up hockey these days, and you're never on the ice with the same people.

NHLers are pros, and they don't get annoyed, and want more ice time.

Have you ever heard any NHLer complain about uneven lines?

No, never have I.

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
The game was lost on 2 scrambles: Ceci skates back to the guy in behind him on the 2nd goals, does nothing, falls over the guy, puck stay in and 3 on 2 they whack it in.

Third goal undersized DeMelo is pushing Spurgeon face on, can't move him from the front of the net, and 3rd whack goes in.

Scrambles + softest overall defense in the league means awesome scoring opportunities.

Would also like to know where White was on the backcheck on the first goal. I believe Harpur got puck-focussed on the 4th and lost Parise.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I've been playing hockey, since the 60's, and never had an issue about playing with different line-mates, ever. Play a lot of pick up hockey these days, and you're never on the ice with the same people.

NHLers are pros, and they don't get annoyed, and want more ice time.

Have you ever heard any NHLer complain about uneven lines?

No, never have I.
Well, they won't do it blatantly to the media, will they? I thought Ryan was subtly complaining about the linemate turnover at the 2nd intermission interview yesterday.

Reactions: Variable26

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Poorly officiated. Nilsson gagged om the 3rd one. Frustrating to watch and a game that Dubnyk did his job and stopped 4 grade A chances when it mattered.

Boucher effed it up as usual...please fire the entire coaching staff already. I know we are missing key guys, but the coaching staff refuses to recognize who is going and who isn't. They are making it all worse

Reactions: Deku

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Just ****ing awful.

We very well could finish 4th last and draft a player not as good as Tkachuk.

I keep Tkachuk all day everyday. Especially since he has shown top line upside and is the perfect prospect/young player to have for this sh****ty situation we in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad