Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
No lol. You said people are in denial think goaltending is the main problem. I think everyone sees the defence is trash.

Very confusing because I never said that you’re "TRYING to defend the defense." Not surprising that I thought you quoted the wrong person when you start your post with YOU SAID (something that I didn't say)

Anyway, that's not really the point of my whole post so not looking to discuss that. I'm looking to discuss about the facts I have revealed

Last edited:
Reactions: MiscBrah

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Understatement, I have never seen a defense getting abused that much. Ideally this is what we'd have right now

Chabot-???????
???????-???????
Brannstrom-Zub

Zaitsev is not "bad" but unless you have 3-4 very good D-men in front him, it's not good to have him play too much. He needs to be a #4 or #5

Chabot really need his Methot. Ultimately we're not going anywhere until we have that guy

5 years into Dorion's era and the only good D-man he has brought in is Zub.

That was another ridiculous personnel decision

We're not a team in a playoffs team, we're a team that is 8-16-1 and give up 3.92 GA/GP...

The question is if your team laid about 10-12 eggs in 26 games so far this season, can you still call that an egg?
Agree
They had Demelo but hey they absolutely needed to get rid of Chabot's partner

Methot wasn't perfect... He was perfect for EK

We don't need all the Dzingle of this world we need GOOD defensemen

At least they are good at excuses so thats that

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Very confusing because I never said that you’re "TRYING to defend the defense." Not surprising that I thought you quoted the wrong person when you start your post with YOU SAY (something that I didn't say)

Anyway, that's not really the point of my whole post so not looking to discuss that. I'm looking to discuss about the facts I have revealed
The fact are team is shit. Yeah. And no the coach can’t figure it out on the road. I think it’s over coaching.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Agree

Methot wasn't perfect... He was perfect for EK

We don't need all the Dzingle of this world we need GOOD defensemen

Trading demelo for nothing was always strange. You would think this team would appreciate having a nice solid guy or once back there

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we had Wolanin would we have lost by more? Like I get it he hasn’t been good. But we’re getting our heads caved in with him watching

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Agree

We don't need the all the Dzingle of this world we need GOOD defensemen

Borowiecki, Hainsey, DeMelo gone

Coburn, Gudbranson, Zub in

On paper, it's not even that bad when you know that Zub is actually good.

Maybe DeMelo really didn't want to play in Ottawa? Because if he wanted, 3.0 x 4 years was not a big risk for a reliable D-man, he's only 27 y/o

Chabot-DeMelo
Reilly-Zub
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Wolanin

It doesn't fix everything but at least it's a start

Reactions: Alex1234

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
You must be thinking of someone else, MacArthur had 2 NHL fights and none as an Ottawa senator.

No. I was thinking of his reputation when he joined the Sens. I didn't remember if he had any fights with Ottawa but I remember him just wailing on a Habs player as a Leaf and he lost it on Gonchar against us once.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Utterly disappointing last night. Didn't even had the stomach to check this forum after the game ended, last night.

I don't have the words to explain how embarrassing all our 6 D-men are. It seems none of them have the slightest clue on how to play defense, especially structured Defense. It boggles my mind how they let the puck carrier move in while they are just happily backing off, and let players walk right into their shooting spots. Do our players, and to a large extend, our coaching stuff have any concept on hounding the opposition's player who has the puck? Batherson was one of the few guys who actually does that on a regular bases.

I called it before and will repeat it for the 3rd time, better skip western swing, altogether, because they are not going to win a single damn game, and will show the same kind of pathetic effort, as last night!

Dorion is an idiot, and DJ is even a bigger one!

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
Murray - I would feel bad for this guy, who is playing at an ECHL level, if it weren't for the fact that he's stealing millions of dollars from this franchise
Daccord - get outta here before you're broken

Chabot - probably feels like he can't trust a single d partner, continues to make bonehead plays
Zub - not bad but anyone thinking he's an amazing player is blinded by the crap around him
Brannstrom - interesting player who makes too many mistakes and has zero backhand, we may bust him
Gudbranson - can't handle the puck at all, is supposed to be a tough guy who got his lunch handed to him by Lucic (twice)
Coburn - at least we got a pick for you?
Zaitsev - makes the most random passes, and not the EK style good random

Too depressed to do the forwards, though they are obviously better than the above

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Who knew Reilly was the one carrying Zub. Not the other way around.
Do you actually believe this?

People need to take a step back from the ledge after reading some of these comments good grief. This is a young team, there are going to be alot of nights like this. The one thing I will say is Murray needs to make a couple saves. The team didnt trust him and it showed.

No lol. You said people are in denial think goaltending is the main problem. I think everyone sees the defence is trash.
If the team doesnt trust the goalie it makes it very difficult to win in this league especially when you arent good to begin with.

Reactions: aragorn

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It just seemed like the young guys - Bath, Stu and Norris, all seem to hit a wall. I think they will all be sharper for the next game. YOu would think this could be Wolanin's golden opportunity to get back in.

Would have liked a save from Murray, but honestly, that was about as bad a game they have played all year, worse than the VCR games out west because those were more on the goalie. These were bonafide scoring chances with Grade A chances. Sure, if he played like last game maybe it might have been 3-1. But these weren't softies, imo. A good learning lesson for the young guys.

Pros: I though Brannstrom was decent, Dzingel, Tkachuk. No one else looked good

Reactions: Emrasie

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
- not only has Ottawa gotten their own coaches fired & were called coach killers, they are now responsible for getting other team's coaches fired including after they beat the Sens.

- remember when people were talking about all the goalies Ottawa had & after signing two cup winner Murray that they were set in net for yrs to come? Good times, not so much any more.

- remember when EM said that the Leafs put all their money into their forwards but forgot their defence & how Ottawa was doing it right? Good times, not so much any more.

- still don't get why people are blaming Chabot's partners for his bonehead mistakes including when there is no one around him & he gives the puck away. Stutzle doing the same thing lately. If it's their fault, it's their fault, not their partners or linemates.

- how much worse would Formenton be on this team, still don't understand why he is playing in the AHL & Anisimov is playing here?

Reactions: Cosmix and Emrasie

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thats the coach job to make sure it doesn't happen
Some nights its 3 in 4
Some nights its travelling
Some nights its the goalies
Some nights its the rookie's mistakes
Some nights its bad luck

At least we know coaching and vets are perfection so thats a start to build on...
He says that a lot “it’s tough to judge the team when you’re that bad” when you have to say that like 70% of games. It means that you’re bad

Reactions: Cosmix and Alex1234
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad