Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
giphy.gif

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
That, in and of itself, tells the story.

That tells you that Toronto is essentially the financial capital of Canada? I thought that was pretty common knowledge..

You think other teams don't have partners or ties to business in Toronto? I'd be willing to bet all 7 Canadian teams do in some way..

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
That tells you that Toronto is essentially the financial capital of Canada? I thought that was pretty common knowledge..

You think other teams don't have partners or ties to business in Toronto? I'd be willing to bet all 7 Canadian teams do in some way..
I’m sure they do.

They also have some in their hometown and aren’t tonedeaf enough to hold an event in an arch rivals town.

The fact that Melnyk has little or no connection to the Ottawa business community is a HUGE problem for this franchise.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I'll believe it when I see it, but IF that were the plan, its probably a smart trajectory. We desperately NEED that high pick for another high end piece next year and even the year after before trying to turn the corner.

Its encouraging to hear them acknowledge that the pieces needed are not yet in place and more work is needed there.

Would like to see some of those resources go towards more qualified management and coaching as well.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
What corporate event are we talking about here?

Just some event that Melnyk, being a billionnaire, was at? Or are we talking he held an ottawa senators corporate event in Toronto?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I’m sure they do.

They also have some in their hometown and aren’t tonedeaf enough to hold an event in an arch rivals town.

The fact that Melnyk has little or no connection to the Ottawa business community is a HUGE problem for this franchise.

Money doesn't give a **** where you come from or where you are.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
What corporate event are we talking about here?

Just some event that Melnyk, being a billionnaire, was at? Or are we talking he held an ottawa senators corporate event in Toronto?
The Sens held a corporate event in Toronto.

Reactions: Yak

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Ya i went looking for it...thats kind of odd...maybe the HQs of the sponsors are primarily in TO? Or they took local sponsors on a road trip?

Eugene is a regular on Toronto radio and avoids Ottawa radio.
Melnyk makes an announcement on the direction of the Ottawa Senators at a thank you event for club sponsors in Toronto.

It shows just how out of touch they are with our marketplace.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Speak for yourself. I doubt anyone really cares outside of a few posters on here.

The big sponsors are based out of Toronto! OUTRAGEOUS!!

For the record, I consider Toronto even more of a dump than Montreal.
Well then this move will play well with the segment of the fanbase that agrees with you.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
No one would be agreeing with me, they just wouldn't give a flying ****.

Your need to draw lines in the sand is beyond childish.
What line in the sand did you think I’m trying to draw?

I feel that a good portion of our fanbase dislikes Toronto and hates the Leafs. I know that many Sens fans have talked about the fact that Melnyk talking Sens in Toronto while ignoring the Ottawa media is a source of irritation.

You disagree and I’m fine with that, but my gut and experience tell me this won’t play well in part because it was done in TO.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
A cursory look through some of Ottawa's biggest corporate sponsors and where their head office is:

Pizza Pizza - Toronto
Tim Hortons - Oakville
Bell - Toronto
London Life - London
JeldWen - Woodbridge
Mark's Work - Calgary
Enterprise - regional HQs in London and Ottawa

If most of these companies are based out of Toronto or the GTA why is it such a big deal that they had the thank you event for the corporate sponsors in Toronto? You guys actually think they would travel to Ottawa for a one evening thank you event?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
A cursory look through some of Ottawa's biggest corporate sponsors and where their head office is:

Pizza Pizza - Toronto
Tim Hortons - Oakville
Bell - Toronto
London Life - London
JeldWen - Woodbridge
Mark's Work - Calgary
Enterprise - regional HQs in London and Ottawa

If most of these companies are based out of Toronto or the GTA why is it such a big deal that they had the thank you event for the corporate sponsors in Toronto? You guys actually think they would travel to Ottawa for a one evening thank you event?
Those companies don’t have Ottawa branches and reps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad