Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Devils

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There are three reasons Anderson isn't a big name among goalies.

1) He plays for a relatively unpopular unmarketable team.
2) That team has not had any playoff runs with him. He's had two great series performances, but it's not like we've seen him take Ottawa to the conference finals.
3) He's never put up elite numbers in a full season. In 50+ game seasons, he's put up .917, .913, and .911. All his seasons where he puts up elite numbers have been in 15-30 game spans.

If Anderson can remain around .930 while playing a majority of the games this season, it'll significantly raise his profile. Still, without being on a playoff team, he likely won't get the recognition he deserves.

BigBush*

There are three reasons Anderson isn't a big name among goalies.

1) He plays for a relatively unpopular unmarketable team.
2) That team has not had any playoff runs with him. He's had two great series performances, but it's not like we've seen him take Ottawa to the conference finals.
3) He's never put up elite numbers in a full season. In 50+ game seasons, he's put up .917, .913, and .911. All his seasons where he puts up elite numbers have been in 15-30 game spans.

If Anderson can remain around .930 while playing a majority of the games this season, it'll significantly raise his profile. Still, without being on a playoff team, he likely won't get the recognition he deserves.
He's definitely underrated, but to be fair, 2 and 3 are valid criticisms.

I put an emphasis on playoffs way more than regular season.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Sorry, but someone needs to create a thread on the main boards about how Anderson is one of the most underrated goaltenders ever in the NHL right now.

His rankings on hf boards are a joke.

I agree, but most underrate him because they simply look at the snap shot of Anderson's carer thus far. He needs to string together back to back excellent years without major injury to earn a reputation for playing great consistantly. I know many see Lehner replacing him in a few years, but Andy's getting by better with age. he has a lot still to give.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
After that 2012 Quarterfinals series against the Rangers you would think that Anderson would get some notoriety around the league. He went toe to toe with Lundqvist to game 7 and put up some impressive stats.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hammond the goalie that was pulled after 36 seconds of the FIRST period tonight after letting in 3 goals.:shakehead

dude read the rest of what I wrote.. its clear that I said let NOT call up Hammond.. you literally cut out a few words and made something new.. well not really just picked a sentence and totally took it out of context.. AGENDA!!! NARRATIVE!!!

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I am not upset that Anderson stole a game, i am upset that Anderson actually had to steal a game if that makes sense at all.

Anderson has single-handedly won many games for this team this season, but i don't seem to recall a game this season where the team in front of him won a game for Anderson.

I just wish the team in front of him returned the favor from time to time.

Its hard to imagine how low in the standings we would be if we had average goaltending

Its not even funny

Last edited:

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I meant to ask - did the linesman actually call icing on that play before he was corrected? I couldn't figure out the whistle.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Again, nope.

Anaheim was one of the best teams and they chose to go with Anderssen and Gibson over Hiller instead of trading for Ryan Miller.

Ryan Miller is why no team will trade a first round pick for a goalie again.

I agree with everything you said but if im Minnesota with an aging core that wont ever be better than this and they are on the outside looking in for no other reason than goaltending im going after Anderson.

How do you get outplayed that bad by New Jersey? Seriously? They are like an expansion team that just picked up all the overage vets that no one wants to pay.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
How do you get outplayed that bad by New Jersey? Seriously? They are like an expansion team that just picked up all the overage vets that no one wants to pay.

I think the penalties played a big role. We were playing ok, until the parade to the box started. Not only are we not getting shots during the PK on their net, they gain momentum even after the PP.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We always play like **** against the Devils.

We may be a bad team, but our awfulness is multiplied against the Devils.

Just go look at all our wins against the Devils. I think every win against them involved us being dominated and outshot.

Some teams just give the Sens trouble and the Devils are one of them.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Anderson is a good goalie, I'm not sure he is or ever will be a great goalie. He has had some great games but he has also had some stinkers & hasn't really carried a team all yr. When Prince plays in a game most know he will probably play pretty good to great but Anderson goes in the net we hope he is on his game tonight. If he gets on a roll then Ottawa could be in good shape but he can let in some stinking goals too, as can Lehner. I think both our goalies have the potential to steal games but can also play quite poorly on any given night, neither are as consistent as Ottawa needs them to be every night but both are having a good yr so far.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I think Anderson is a good goalie, I'm not sure he is or ever will be a great goalie. He has had some great games but he has also had some stinkers & hasn't really carried a team all yr. When Prince plays in a game most know he will probably play pretty good to great but Anderson goes in the net we hope he is on his game tonight. If he gets on a roll then Ottawa could be in good shape but he can let in some stinking goals too, as can Lehner. I think both our goalies have the potential to steal games but can also play quite poorly on any given night, neither are as consistent as Ottawa needs them to be every night but both are having a good yr so far.

There hasn't been a game this year that either of our goalies played and I felt that goaltending would be our downfall that night. Our goaltending this year has been the difference between us hanging around the .500 mark and being the worst team in the NHL.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Has Prince been called up? I think they will go with this for now:

Hoff-Zib-Ryan
Mac-Turris-Stone
Michalek-Legwand-Chiasson
Greening-JGP-Condra
Hey, look at this, I agree with this lineup. Well, not really, I would have brought up Grant & Robinson myself to replace JGP & Condra but you can't have everything. Happy holidays.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Hey, look at this, I agree with this lineup. Well, not really, I would have brought up Grant & Robinson myself to replace JGP & Condra but you can't have everything. Happy holidays.

Ridiculous. Condra > Robinson and JGP > Grant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad